White Ayurvedic Chai

White Tea
Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by JoonSusanna

From Teavana

A chai that stands apart! This energizing tea contains spicy bursts of cinnamon, cloves and black and red pepper tempered with sweet coconut and delicate lemongrass. These complex flavors enhance the Ayurvedic properties of this rare white tea.

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8 ounces of water. Heat water to 175 degrees and steep for 2 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
White tea, green tea, cinnamon, lemongrass, red pepper, bruised black pepper, coconut chips, cardamom and cloves.

This tea blends well with:
Samurai Chai Mate
Bangkok Lemongrass Rooibos Tea
Monkey Picked Oolong Tea

About Teavana View company

Ever look at your teas and have a total blank in your mind where information about how you ended up with it should be? That’s this tea. I thought it might be a tea of the month acquisition, but I had two 2 oz packets of it and the tea of the month club I belonged to only sent 2 oz per flavor. Big mystery here.

In any case, this containing both white and green tea, I steeped it at a low temperature for a short time and I intentionally overleafed because it’s Teavana, and it has big hunks of stuff in among the leaves. Coconut, dried pineapple, red peppercorns are very visible as is the lemon grass with its attractive geometry. It smells a lot like cinnamon in the tin.

After steeping it smells a little like cinnamon, a little like clove and cardamom, and a lot of that weird lotion-y note that I so disliked in the Teavana Tulsi Dosha Chai. Which makes me think that I perhaps unfairly pinned that note on the tulsi rather than on some oddness inherent in Teavana non-black tea chai. The liquor is a lemon yellow color and rather cloudy.

Rather unfortunately, the taste is a sort of generic, watery, cinnamon-y, pepper-y spice, with the weird lotion-y note in the aftertaste. I don’t taste any of the fruit, and I taste very little of the tea. I will try overleafing more severely next time and perhaps bump up the steep time and temp a bit, but I fear overdoing those and ending up with a bitter mess. It’s not as bad as I remember the tulsi being in terms of aftertaste so I’m giving it a few more points there, but this is going into the sipdown immediately category. I may even try cold brewing it to get it over with faster.

And of course, this is among the flavors Teavana still offers. Why do I always like the ones they discontinue and with a few exceptions dislike the ones they continue? Another mystery…

__Morgana__

TF, I hope not! LOL

yyz

I have that problem often, Morgana. When I worked at the body shop they constantly discontinued my favourites, or the scents that worked best for me.

__Morgana__

So frustrating!

This is a really great chai blend! It’s jut mild enough that it isn’t too spicy, but it has a hint of spice at the last moment. The cinnamon and light pineapple notes are great! I have been drinking this cold with no sweetener, and it’s probably my favorite chia yet!

(Backlogged from… Feb 15th). Another V-Day tea, and a good choice. This is reminiscent of thai chais I’ve had previously, with an emphasis on lemongrass and coconut creaminess, but also quite a bit of cinnamon. I’d probably prefer one of those (or optimally, DavidsTea’s Coco Lemon Thai… drool!), but I had quite a nice cup of this while watching the third LOTR movie for the first time. Went down pretty easily without any milk, and that’s a sign of a winner for me!

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

when I originally read what was in this tea I did not think I would like it. but after smelling it at the store smells like snickerdoodles.
I tired this tea with doubt, it tastes not half bad. I did make two batches out of single serving , but with me since I use a French press to make the tea it makes 2 big and one small cup on one batch of tea. I have a big French press 34oz type. currently looking for a smaller one for just chai but I doubt I will every buy it

This is one of my favorite teas. I mix it with Samurai Chia Mate which also comes from Teavana. I always make my teas to taste so I use 3 tsp per 8-10oz glass (1.5 tsp is recommended) and steep for 3 minutes. Water temp is recommended at 175F but I again i make my teas to taste so I just use hot water from my Keurig. I was using the sugar from teavana which is absolutely wonderful but regular sugar tastes fine too. I just switched to Splenda in an attempt to cut sugar from my diet.

Yummy as per usual!

Nice, not exceptional. I like it better blended with Samurai Chai Mate.

A nice mild chai reminicent more of spiced cider than egnog.

Like another user mentioned, this tastes like spicy hot cinnamon candy. Cinnamon flavoured candy gives me a headache, and this has such a strong taste (and even smell) of cinnamon that I couldn’t take more than one sip (which makes me wary of all Teavana spicy teas). I love cinnamon used in small quantities in things like apple or pumpkin pie, cinnamon toast, or /other/ chais I’ve had, but in this one, “overpowering” is an understatement.

This is one of Teavana’s best teas. I am a fan.