White Ayurvedic Chai

Chai White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Pepper, Candied Pinapple, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut Chips, Ginger Pieces, Lemongrass, White Tea
Cinnamon, Lemongrass, Peppercorn, Spicy, Sweet, Wood, Coconut, Ginger, Spices, Cardamon, Cloves, Pineapple, Clove
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Teavana

Journey to India and take in all its exotic pleasures with this modern twist on a sweet and spicy classic. High quality white tea combines with cinnamon, coconut, pineapple, ginger, cardamom, and cloves, giving this balancing tea a complex, sweet, full-bodied flavor.

Naturally sweet cinnamon with spicy pepper and robust clove.

Use 1.5- 2 tsp of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 175 degrees (79 degrees Celsius) and steep for 2 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients: White tea, cinnamon, lemongrass, candied pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar), coconut chips (coconut, coconut fat, sugar), ginger pieces, cloves, artificial flavoring, bruised black pepper, cardamom

CONTAINS COCONUT

About Teavana View company

This tea is a personal favorite of mine and was a much needed brew on what has been a rough night. I’m in a flare with my illnesses so even my strongest pain and nausea medicines are falling short of controlling my symptoms and so I seek comfort wherever I can find it, and tonight it was in a cup of this tea. This is my favorite of all the chai teas I have tried, and I think its because it balances the spices with a lighter woodsy note that keeps you from tasting nothing but spice. Not to say I don’t enjoy that sometimes, but I like that this chai remains less heavy without losing the deep notes of spice and warmth a good chai tea should have. The lemongrass and pineapple give it natural sweetness that is good both with or without rock sugar added, and the black pepper and cardamom work nicely with the tea to give a solid, smooth base to the flavor of this brew. I like this tea brewed medium to dark, but I have also found it steeps well up to 5 or 6 times, depending on the length of each brew. This gives this already well-priced tea more bang for your buck, though this is one I keep around in large quantities – right now its the only tea I have in a 1lb tin. Like I said, this tea is a personal favorite and the overall flavor and notes of ginger are calming to my jerk of a stomach.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Lemongrass, Peppercorn, Spicy, Sweet, Wood

This is probably one of my all-time favorite teas, gifted to me by a friend. I tend to save it for when I feel like I really need a little pick-me-up. And I need one tonight. The most prominent flavor I get from this is coconut, with the other spices backing it up nicely. It’s like they’re blanketed in a soft coconut layer.

Flavors: Coconut, Ginger, Spices

145 °F / 62 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

This mix has large flakes of coconut mixed with ginger and lemongrass. It’s fragrant with cinnamon and smells especially like cinnamon gum. I read through a few of the reviews here and decided to steep in a small amount of water then add 1/3 cup steamed milk and honey. I may try more water and less milk next time because it was more like a flavored milk than a milky tea, but overall it was good – lightly spiced and sweet.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Spices

Chai teas are new to me, so I was curious to taste this one in-store. Its surprisingly good, I like the spice used, feels warm and cozy, perfect for warming up on winter afternoon/evenings.

I might be tempted to buy some if I can split this with a tea-loving colleague.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Cloves, Pineapple

This is my favorite white chai. It is naturally pretty sweet, and definitely spicy. I can definitely taste the fruity flavor too. This was actually the first loose leaf tea I ever purchased, along with the youthberry one which I ended up not liking much. It is one of a few Teavana teas I love, and will continue to repurchase. When it is on sale, of course.

Great when blended with Maharajah Chai Oolong. Tastes a little like Big Red gum on its own.

When Teavana gets Chai right, they really get it right! This a beautiful white Chai. It has a light but complex flavor with a nice balance of sweet and spicy. I don’t think I would try adding milk to this one, but it really doesn’t need it…it’s lovely all by itself!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Coconut, Lemongrass

For a white tea- I’m impressed. Light spicy taste. I normally like a heavier feel to my chai teas but for late in the evening I think it’s great!

Ever look at your teas and have a total blank in your mind where information about how you ended up with it should be? That’s this tea. I thought it might be a tea of the month acquisition, but I had two 2 oz packets of it and the tea of the month club I belonged to only sent 2 oz per flavor. Big mystery here.

In any case, this containing both white and green tea, I steeped it at a low temperature for a short time and I intentionally overleafed because it’s Teavana, and it has big hunks of stuff in among the leaves. Coconut, dried pineapple, red peppercorns are very visible as is the lemon grass with its attractive geometry. It smells a lot like cinnamon in the tin.

After steeping it smells a little like cinnamon, a little like clove and cardamom, and a lot of that weird lotion-y note that I so disliked in the Teavana Tulsi Dosha Chai. Which makes me think that I perhaps unfairly pinned that note on the tulsi rather than on some oddness inherent in Teavana non-black tea chai. The liquor is a lemon yellow color and rather cloudy.

Rather unfortunately, the taste is a sort of generic, watery, cinnamon-y, pepper-y spice, with the weird lotion-y note in the aftertaste. I don’t taste any of the fruit, and I taste very little of the tea. I will try overleafing more severely next time and perhaps bump up the steep time and temp a bit, but I fear overdoing those and ending up with a bitter mess. It’s not as bad as I remember the tulsi being in terms of aftertaste so I’m giving it a few more points there, but this is going into the sipdown immediately category. I may even try cold brewing it to get it over with faster.

And of course, this is among the flavors Teavana still offers. Why do I always like the ones they discontinue and with a few exceptions dislike the ones they continue? Another mystery…

__Morgana__

TF, I hope not! LOL

yyz

I have that problem often, Morgana. When I worked at the body shop they constantly discontinued my favourites, or the scents that worked best for me.

__Morgana__

So frustrating!

This is a really great chai blend! It’s jut mild enough that it isn’t too spicy, but it has a hint of spice at the last moment. The cinnamon and light pineapple notes are great! I have been drinking this cold with no sweetener, and it’s probably my favorite chia yet!