Lemon Chiffon Cuppa Cake™

Rooibos Tea
Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by QueenOfTarts

• “Here's my afternoon tea, generally I'm not a big RoT fan but I do like this lemony green rooibos for some reason. It's a tasty blend that goes well with the soymilk I like and actually tastes kind...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2169 tasting notes
  • “You know, I'd say that I'm a fan of The Republic of Tea. I probably wouldn't choose one of their teas over some of my favorites, but there are a few teas from The Republic of Tea that I like to...” Read full tasting note
    QueenOfTarts 464 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

This herbal green rooibos (ROY-boss) tea has the decadent flavor of light chiffon cake speckled with sweet coconut and topped with a creamy lemon icing – all the indulgence without the calories. This caffeine-free cup is perfect for high tea or any time of the day.

About The Republic of Tea View company

Here’s my afternoon tea, generally I’m not a big RoT fan but I do like this lemony green rooibos for some reason. It’s a tasty blend that goes well with the soymilk I like and actually tastes kind of dessert-y.

I haven’t done a whole lot today, I got a foam roller to do some stretching, went for a walk and had a massage. I started an interesting book called “Women of the Silk” by Gail Tsukiyama. All in all, it’s been a nice day for healing and rest. It’s good to have some non-caffeinated options that I like.

Flavors: Lemon Zest

Dustin

Have you tired Della Terra’s Lemon Chiffon? I’m wondering how it compares.

TeaBrat

yes I was not a fan of the Della Terra version especially as it contains dairy products which is not something I want to see in a tea.

You know, I’d say that I’m a fan of The Republic of Tea. I probably wouldn’t choose one of their teas over some of my favorites, but there are a few teas from The Republic of Tea that I like to keep in rotation. These teas also have nice memories attached to them… so I figure I’ll keep a few tins around. The scent of this tea is of lemon and herbs — a bit like lemon myrtle, but with a touch of sweetness.

Sipping… I taste a grassy sort of lemon. It’s not a tart kind of lemon, but more of a flat and generic lemon flavor with green rooibos in the background. The vanilla and coconut combine with the lemon at the end of the sip. Even though I cannot distinguish each individual flavor, they strangely come together to create something like a plain lemon loaf. It does lack a creamy element and reminds me a little bit of a chlorinated swimming pool. It’s not a bad cup of tea, but there are better lemony dessert teas out there.

TeaBrat

interesting, I haven’t seen this one hit the stores yet

Kaylee

I dunno, anything that reminds you in the least bit of a chlorinated swimming pool doesn’t sound like it can be all that good…

QueenOfTarts

Amy oh- I found this one online! :)
Kaylee- it isn’t as bad as it sounds.. For some reason, I just get that association with this tea.. I still wouldn’t want to drink pool water, though!