Lemon Chiffon Cuppa Cake™

Artificial, Lemon, Cream, Vanilla, Butter, Cake, Frosting, Sweet, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by QueenOfTarts
Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 9 oz / 266 ml

From The Republic of Tea

This herbal green rooibos (ROY-boss) tea has the decadent flavor of light chiffon cake speckled with sweet coconut and topped with a creamy lemon icing – all the indulgence without the calories. This caffeine-free cup is perfect for high tea or any time of the day.

About The Republic of Tea View company

Here’s my afternoon tea, generally I’m not a big RoT fan but I do like this lemony green rooibos for some reason. It’s a tasty blend that goes well with the soymilk I like and actually tastes kind of dessert-y.

I haven’t done a whole lot today, I got a foam roller to do some stretching, went for a walk and had a massage. I started an interesting book called “Women of the Silk” by Gail Tsukiyama. All in all, it’s been a nice day for healing and rest. It’s good to have some non-caffeinated options that I like.

Flavors: Lemon Zest

Have you tired Della Terra’s Lemon Chiffon? I’m wondering how it compares.

yes I was not a fan of the Della Terra version especially as it contains dairy products which is not something I want to see in a tea.

You know, I’d say that I’m a fan of The Republic of Tea. I probably wouldn’t choose one of their teas over some of my favorites, but there are a few teas from The Republic of Tea that I like to keep in rotation. These teas also have nice memories attached to them… so I figure I’ll keep a few tins around. The scent of this tea is of lemon and herbs — a bit like lemon myrtle, but with a touch of sweetness.

Sipping… I taste a grassy sort of lemon. It’s not a tart kind of lemon, but more of a flat and generic lemon flavor with green rooibos in the background. The vanilla and coconut combine with the lemon at the end of the sip. Even though I cannot distinguish each individual flavor, they strangely come together to create something like a plain lemon loaf. It does lack a creamy element and reminds me a little bit of a chlorinated swimming pool. It’s not a bad cup of tea, but there are better lemony dessert teas out there.

interesting, I haven’t seen this one hit the stores yet

I dunno, anything that reminds you in the least bit of a chlorinated swimming pool doesn’t sound like it can be all that good…

Amy oh- I found this one online! :)
Kaylee- it isn’t as bad as it sounds.. For some reason, I just get that association with this tea.. I still wouldn’t want to drink pool water, though!

This was the sample that came with Republic of Tea’s latest catalog. RoT tends to be pretty hit and miss with me and this one was definitely a miss. It wasn’t horrible, it just really didn’t taste like much of anything. I was hoping for a smooth, creamy vanilla/lemon blend; instead I got a weak, barely-there artificial lemony flavor. Still glad I got to sample it, though…at least I won’t be tempted to waste my money on this one!

Flavors: Artificial, Lemon

I got a sample of this in a swap with TeaBrat because I’d been wanting to try a lemon dessert tea. I’m really glad I did! This was a nice, sweet, creamy lemon flavor. No tartness here and just the right blend of vanilla to really hit the spot for me. Not to mention how good it smelled when brewed! I personally don’t have a problem with the lighter flavor I get from using one bag of this, but I know many other prefer to use two bags when having tea from RoT. I could see how that would be tasty with this particular flavor. I’ll be picking some of this up when I order from them again.

Flavors: Cream, Lemon, Vanilla

Glad you liked it!

This one was a sample from albertocanfly. I was looking through my caffeine-free samples and this sounded so amazing, I had to try it! I love lemon, especially when paired with something sweet, as in lemon cake or sweet lemon candies. Honestly, the dry bags don’t smell much like lemon to me, more like a buttery pound cake with some lemon glaze as an afterthought. I used two sachets for about 10 ounces of water.

Ahh, the steeped tea smells much more lemony, hooray! I added a small amount of raw sugar to this one, because cakes are sweet of course! Hmm, the flavor is actually weaker than I thought it would be, especially since you’re supposed to use 6 ounces of water per bag. However, this is an extremely delicious and convenient lemon dessert tea! It tastes like a lemon cake with vanilla buttercream on top! And since it’s green rooibos, there’s no base tea flavor to interfere. Maybe next time I’ll just steep it longer or use even less water per bag. Yum!

Flavors: Butter, Cake, Frosting, Lemon, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML

yay! This is a good one :)

Cameron B.

Very yummy! My favorite lemon tea so far. :)

I do not like red rooibos at all, but there are several of the green rooibos flavors from Republic of Tea that I rather like. Orange Red Carrot (or maybe it’s Red Orange Carrot) is my favorite of them, but Lemon Chiffon Cuppa Cake runs a close second. It reminds of of a Confetti Cupcake Pop Tart with an undercurrent of vanilla running through it.

To be fair, I didn’t brew it very well, since I was at school and had my oversized mug, but only used one teabag. It ended up on the weak side, but it was still really nice. I imagine when I brew it a bit stronger next time it will be better yet.

Lemon? Check. Cake? Check. Light airiness? Check. This is definitely a solid tea and one I would pick up if I saw it in store (though I wouldn’t go out of my way to look for it). Thank you Cavocorax!! (166)

Sounds yummy!

This was the first tea I had this morning….I have tried it before. Early last year or so, I believe. Didn’t think it was that great then, and was hoping that since my taste buds have changed I’d like this one better.
I was wrong :(
The lemon flavor was a lot stronger than the creamy flavor, which I didn’t like so much. It didn’t really taste like a pastry or anything. Was more of just a plain lemon tea that isn’t even strong. That’s pretty light. I steeped it for like 6-7 minutes and it wasn’t that strong :( So yeah…disappointed with this one.
Della Terra Teas has been acting rather sketchy and I’m kinda nervous that they won’t re-open again, so trying to find a tea that matches up to their incredible Lemon Chiffon which is everything you’d ever want in a lemony, creamy, pastry-like tea. Ughh just thinking about it makes me smile. Such a good tea. And I’ve yet to find a tea that is good enough.

Flavors: Lemon

I have been trying to get a hold of Della Terra Teas too. I tried to chat with them on Facebook but it really didn’t go anywhere. :( Sad this one didn’t live up to what you were hoping it would!

Have you tried Buttermilk Lemon?

Tealish’s http://www.tealish.com/product-p/lemonm1.htm might make a decent replacement if Lemon Chiffon remains unavailable.

Yeah they kinda went MIA after selling the last of their teas…Guess we will see by the end of the year, Nichole.

And yes I have tried that one, Marz. Wasn’t much of a fan to be honest. :/

yyz I’ve tried a few of Tealish’s teas and haven’t been really impressed so far…would you highly recommend this tea? Or you not much of a lemon fan?

I don’t necessarily love their avtuasl tea, teas but I don’t mind their Rooibos and herbals. Granted I have only hsd fairy dust and this one. The lemon is pretty well done. I would send you some but what I have is very old at this moment as U don’t drink my herbals very often.

i googled chiffon and it means s type of dress. something must be wrong there

Chiffon desserts, at least in my mom’s 1960’s vernacular, were usually a jello and Cool Whip mixture of some kind.

oh! interesting :)

It was OK until she started getting weird and throwing in cottage cheese and other lumpy mix-ins…

Frost (Mags)

I love Tealish teas…at least the ones I’ve had. I have been wanting to try their lemon chiffon…so at least one person likes it.

eww cottage cheese :/

What a frustrating day. Have you even spent time trying, as simply as possible, to explain something to someone, who just cant or wont understand. I kept trying to explain, that from the evidence, X needed to be true. The person I was talking to, who used a less logical method to get their results would nod and agree, but then said “but because of Y, the answer is Z.”
Argh! No, no no!
Fencing tonight helped, though, and now a cup of tea.
I double bagged this, which improves the lemony quality. Not bad.

Yum, yum, yum! Ya know how it is when you read other’s reviews; ya sorta lower your expectations since they don’t sound very positive. Well, I was delighted try this tea thanks to 221Tea. It has a nice lemon pound cake scent.Sweetened with a little Vanilla Stevia. Very nice cake lemon taste as opposed to the sweet/sour fruity lemon. Nice relaxing, dessert-y tea. Why am I having it before dinner? Well, hopefully it resteeps. If not. well I have gotten about 30 swaps in the last two weeks, so I think I’ll find some thing good. :D
BTW, I don’t put my swaps and samples in my cupboard. What do the rest of you do?

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

I put what I have in my cupboard, usually, so I can find it when I try it.

Sounds like a good version of lemon tea.

It depends on how much of a sample I have or how quickly I think I’ll use it up as to whether or not a I put it in my cupboard.

I love this lemon chiffon too! And I don’t put swaps or samples in my cupboard either.