Lemon Chiffon Cuppa Cake™

Rooibos Tea
Vanilla, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by QueenOfTarts
Boiling 6 min, 45 sec 9 oz / 266 ml

• “Here's my afternoon tea, generally I'm not a big RoT fan but I do like this lemony green rooibos for some reason. It's a tasty blend that goes well with the soymilk I like and actually tastes kind...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2355 tasting notes
  • “You know, I'd say that I'm a fan of The Republic of Tea. I probably wouldn't choose one of their teas over some of my favorites, but there are a few teas from The Republic of Tea that I like to...” Read full tasting note
    QueenOfTarts 527 tasting notes
  • “Lemon? Check. Cake? Check. Light airiness? Check. This is definitely a solid tea and one I would pick up if I saw it in store (though I wouldn't go out of my way to look for it). Thank you...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1887 tasting notes
  • “Got this tea from the awesome, *darby*! (: This was one of the few Republic of Tea teas that I really wanted to try. It smells exactly pretty strong like DTT's Lemon Chiffon does. But the flavor...” Read full tasting note
    Ostdalost 146 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

This herbal green rooibos (ROY-boss) tea has the decadent flavor of light chiffon cake speckled with sweet coconut and topped with a creamy lemon icing – all the indulgence without the calories. This caffeine-free cup is perfect for high tea or any time of the day.

About The Republic of Tea View company

Here’s my afternoon tea, generally I’m not a big RoT fan but I do like this lemony green rooibos for some reason. It’s a tasty blend that goes well with the soymilk I like and actually tastes kind of dessert-y.

I haven’t done a whole lot today, I got a foam roller to do some stretching, went for a walk and had a massage. I started an interesting book called “Women of the Silk” by Gail Tsukiyama. All in all, it’s been a nice day for healing and rest. It’s good to have some non-caffeinated options that I like.

Flavors: Lemon Zest

Dustin

Have you tired Della Terra’s Lemon Chiffon? I’m wondering how it compares.

TeaBrat

yes I was not a fan of the Della Terra version especially as it contains dairy products which is not something I want to see in a tea.

You know, I’d say that I’m a fan of The Republic of Tea. I probably wouldn’t choose one of their teas over some of my favorites, but there are a few teas from The Republic of Tea that I like to keep in rotation. These teas also have nice memories attached to them… so I figure I’ll keep a few tins around. The scent of this tea is of lemon and herbs — a bit like lemon myrtle, but with a touch of sweetness.

Sipping… I taste a grassy sort of lemon. It’s not a tart kind of lemon, but more of a flat and generic lemon flavor with green rooibos in the background. The vanilla and coconut combine with the lemon at the end of the sip. Even though I cannot distinguish each individual flavor, they strangely come together to create something like a plain lemon loaf. It does lack a creamy element and reminds me a little bit of a chlorinated swimming pool. It’s not a bad cup of tea, but there are better lemony dessert teas out there.

TeaBrat

interesting, I haven’t seen this one hit the stores yet

Kaylee

I dunno, anything that reminds you in the least bit of a chlorinated swimming pool doesn’t sound like it can be all that good…

QueenOfTarts

Amy oh- I found this one online! :)
Kaylee- it isn’t as bad as it sounds.. For some reason, I just get that association with this tea.. I still wouldn’t want to drink pool water, though!

Lemon? Check. Cake? Check. Light airiness? Check. This is definitely a solid tea and one I would pick up if I saw it in store (though I wouldn’t go out of my way to look for it). Thank you Cavocorax!! (166)

Suziqzer

Sounds yummy!

Got this tea from the awesome, darby! (:
This was one of the few Republic of Tea teas that I really wanted to try. It smells exactly pretty strong like DTT’s Lemon Chiffon does.
But the flavor is much lighter. Not bad at all.
I think Lemon teas are growing on me more and more ^^

What a frustrating day. Have you even spent time trying, as simply as possible, to explain something to someone, who just cant or wont understand. I kept trying to explain, that from the evidence, X needed to be true. The person I was talking to, who used a less logical method to get their results would nod and agree, but then said “but because of Y, the answer is Z.”
Argh! No, no no!
Sigh.
Fencing tonight helped, though, and now a cup of tea.
I double bagged this, which improves the lemony quality. Not bad.

Yum, yum, yum! Ya know how it is when you read other’s reviews; ya sorta lower your expectations since they don’t sound very positive. Well, I was delighted try this tea thanks to 221Tea. It has a nice lemon pound cake scent.Sweetened with a little Vanilla Stevia. Very nice cake lemon taste as opposed to the sweet/sour fruity lemon. Nice relaxing, dessert-y tea. Why am I having it before dinner? Well, hopefully it resteeps. If not. well I have gotten about 30 swaps in the last two weeks, so I think I’ll find some thing good. :D
BTW, I don’t put my swaps and samples in my cupboard. What do the rest of you do?

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML
Cheri

I put what I have in my cupboard, usually, so I can find it when I try it.

Suziqzer

Sounds like a good version of lemon tea.

It depends on how much of a sample I have or how quickly I think I’ll use it up as to whether or not a I put it in my cupboard.

TeaBrat

I love this lemon chiffon too! And I don’t put swaps or samples in my cupboard either.

A nice light lemon flavor that smooths out with a vanilla note. It smells like a vanilla cake. A very light tea in general; very soothing.

Flavors: Vanilla