drank Golden Monkey Black Tea by Teavana

My brother gave my step dad a bit of this and a gravity steeper for Christmas, but it appears it hasn’t been touched :(
It looked a bit lonely, so I decided to brew some up

This is pretty good! Medium body and not quite as “Fuijian-y” as most. Sweet brown sugar notes and also a bit of raisin and yam. A bit malty/roasty as well.

195 °F / 90 °C

My name is Thomas,

Long-time tea and coffee driker, but I only started getting into the world of good quality teas about three years ago.

My favorites are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and Taiwanese oolongs. I’m not much into flavored teas or jasmine/florals, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

Currently taking a break from school, working in Orlando Florida and trying to find my place in the world.

I’m a music lover and have played guitar and violin for quite a while and have also learned to love the sounds of the sitar and hindustani music in all its forms. I’ve become a bit of a guitar “grease monkey” and find building, modification, repair, and dissection to be even better than playing sometimes.

I also love hiking/camping and downhill longboarding when I have the time to make it out to somewhere hilly.

My Rating Scale: