drank Golden Monkey Black Tea by Teavana

My brother gave my step dad a bit of this and a gravity steeper for Christmas, but it appears it hasn’t been touched :(
It looked a bit lonely, so I decided to brew some up

This is pretty good! Medium body and not quite as “Fuijian-y” as most. Sweet brown sugar notes and also a bit of raisin and yam. A bit malty/roasty as well.

195 °F / 90 °C

My name is Thomas,

I’ve loved tea and coffee since I was little, but only started getting into the world of high quality teas about three years ago.

My favorites are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and Taiwanese oolongs. I’m not much into flavored teas or jasmine/florals, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

Currently taking a break from school, moved back in with my parents as I work and trying to find my place in the world.

I’m a music lover and have played guitar and violin for quite a while and have also learned to love the sounds of the sitar and hindustani music in all its forms. I’ve become a bit of a guitar “grease monkey” and find building, modification, repair, and dissection to be even better than playing sometimes. I’m also a nature lover and try to get out to a nice trail or park at least once a week.

My Rating Scale: