Ok, so I’m proud of myself for trying my first official straight tea, no flavors added by someone else and no milk or cream added by me to compensate for that!

After reading reviews of this I decided to get a cup to go at Davidstea when I went to check out the new Spring stuff at lunch today.

I was not disappointed!! I will have to look out for a sale to justify buying this. It was creamy and slightly vegetal (that’s a new tea word for me so I’m using it to make it sound like I know what I’m talking about), and just, delicious! I thought I’d be disappointed compared to the flavored oolongs I’ve fallen in love with (Vanilla Orchid from Davidstea, Maple Pecan from Butiki), but alas, it’s really good and not at all boring!

However, this brings me to mention my observation that it’s weird that Davidstea doesn’t seem to follow their own directions. You’d think they’d at least have a few temperature controlled tea kettles on hand! And when you get a cup to go they just leave the bag in, and don’t even tell you to remove it or else risk astringency or an otherwise noted decrease in the tastiness of your tea! Of course I can’t justify throwing out a full tea bag of expensive oolong and I had nowhere to stick a soggy tea bag while I was at the mall, so I left it in. By the time I was halfway done it was tasting really bitter and a good reminder of why I always thought I hated green tea (water too hot, and I was always a tea bag leaver-inner, before I knew better). Anyway. Why bother putting specific directions on your bag if you’re not going to have your employees follow them! I would not have enjoyed that as much if I had left it to cool down because of the inevitable astringency! (now I really sound like I know what I’m talking about!) At LEAST tell the customer to remove it to get a proper idea of the tea! When DT first opened I had no clue about that stuff. No wonder my Oh Christmas Treat started tasting like dirt… Bag left in, ftw!

Just curious to me.

Anyway, this is delicious but pricey, so if someone wants to randomly send this my way I promise to give it a good home… In my belly :)

Indigobloom

That’s always bothered me as well! I wish they’d offer some sort of pouch to put the bag in for resteeping

Michelle Butler Hallett

Agreed! And the water’s too hot for oolong.