Drinking my second steep of this now. I was really excited to try it based on all the glowing reviews, but maybe my tastes aren’t refined enough at this point because it didn’t really do it for me.

It’s a good oolong, and I am starting to associate Butiki with quality, subtlety & delicate teas, and this would be another example of those characteristics. (Others I’ve had so far are just the Creamy Eggnog, Raspberry Truffle and Maple Pecan Oolong)

Unfortunately, I think this one may just be a bit TOO subtle for my tastes. I added a bit of sugar to my second cup which does bring out the flavors a bit more, but I can’t really taste any strawberry in this tea. It’s clearly not a straight oolong but it seems a bit floral and that’s all I am getting. It’s not nearly as buttery as other oolongs I’ve had.

When dry, I couldn’t smell anything off the leaves, and in my cup the liquor is verrrrry pale yellow.

I know I am in the minority here but at the end of the day I’m not much for subtlety (in any facet of my life, haha) and I guess I just prefer a more substantial tea!

Thank you so much to Stacy from Butiki for the sample as it was definitely on my ‘Must Try’ list.

Perhaps I will revisit this later on in my tea journey.

Indigobloom

I found this was really subtle as well. But then I love oolong so I’m ok with that! :)