I’ve been drinking tea like a mad woman today!

Trying to get through my samples received in swaps. I have also, however, kind of developed an addiction (at least it’s a healthy one!) to Red Leaf Teas flavored matchas, and so I managed to have a couple hot matcha lattes throughout the day, in between my random sipdowns.

Today’s selection was the French Vanilla, do yourself a favour and grab some here:

Honestly at this rate I think I’d actually be ok with not drinking coffee ever again, assuming I always had some flavored matcha on hand. It sure hits the spot.

This is the second flavour I purchased, the other one being Caramel. I have tried a few random swap samples of other flavours in the past but I feel with this quantity on hand I can more accurately review my purchases, having been able to try each a couple times.

Of the two I ordered this round, I think I preferred the caramel one. Because although I chose the Classic/Delicate options for both, I found the Caramel flavour to be more noticeable, while the French Vanilla, though definitely tasty, was a bit more subtle. I’d be interested in trying the Distinctive option to see how they compare!

Nevertheless the vanilla added a lovely sweetness, not overwhelmingly so, with no weird chemical taste that I could notice. Just yummy vanilla matcha. Takes the edge of the vegetalness of the matcha alone. Yup, I said “vegetalness”. I also find the powder to be very smooth, no graininess at the bottom of my cup, it really is good to the last drop.

I can’t believe a month ago (before receiving my first Red Leaf matcha samples in the mail thanks to some friendly swappers), I was a matcha virgin. I don’t think I’m much of a fan of regular straight matcha, but so far I am in love with anything I have had the pleasure of trying from Red Leaf.

I’m very pleased with my first order of Caramel and French Vanilla, and have a definite idea of what I would like to try next.

What did I do before I discovered these amazing matchas? And more importantly, what valuable belongings do I have kicking around my house that I can hock to get more money for more flavors?!

I want to try so many!!
As I said before, a dangerous addiction has been formed. I have decided not to share my matchas with anyone I know. That seems greedy but they’re all for me. No sharesies.