Organic English Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by FleurDuMal
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 13 oz / 375 ml

From Clipper

Product description not available yet.

About Clipper View company

We spent the weekend in Copenhagen and this is what they had in the breakfast buffet. (There were a number of other Clipper bags as well, but one of them I couldn’t work out what was and the others I didn’t think were very suitable for breakfast.)

It contained Assam and Ceylon and the Assam shone clearly through, with the Ceylon tempering that astringency that usually gives me Assam-trouble.

I wouldn’t say it was anything particularly special or earth-moving, but it wasn’t horrible either. It was perfectly adequate for breakfast in a situation where I wasn’t about to start waxing poetic about it anyway. A tea to drink without having to have an opinion on it.

057/365

Something simple this morning, for the first full week back at work. I found this one surprisingly malty, so probably quite heavy on the Assam, but with brighter, citrussy Ceylon notes. I think I actually prefer it to Twinings English Breakfast, which is something of a revelation to me. It’s so much maltier, and I really like that, although I wouldn’t necessarily drink it on an empty stomach.

Not much to say about this one, but I’m glad I tried it. It’s nice to find that I can still be surprised by something as ordinary as an EB!

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 1 tsp