Chocolate Macaroon

Black Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Coconut, Natural Flavours, Pecans, Sugar
Chocolate, Nutty, Sweet, Coconut, Cream, Pecan, Cocoa, Nuts, Milk, Cake, Smoke, Dark Chocolate, Bitter, Almond, Butter, Alcohol, Vanilla, Artificial, Sugar, Cookie, Creamy
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

There’s nothing more nostalgic than a coconut macaroon. We’re not talking about the super-trendy French cookies here…for us, it’s all about the bake sale classic: chewy, golden coconut cookies dipped in rich dark chocolate. And with black tea, toasted coconut, cacao nibs, pecans and rock sugar, this rich, nutty blend is just as good as the real thing. The only difference? You don’t have to wait for a bake sale to get a taste.

Ingredients: Black tea, toasted coconut, coconut, pecans, cacao nibs, rock cane sugar, natural flavouring.
Contains pecans and coconut.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Mmmmm. Made as a latte it’s like coconut chocolate milk. Really good.

I’ve found that this tea is very mild. It steeps to a pale yellow colour and smells sweet and nutty. The taste is very smooth and pleasant but not very strong. Upon resteeping I added an additional .5 of a teaspoon to get the same sort of result as my first steep. This tea would be a nice treat from time to time but I can’t see me stocking it in my cupboard constantly.

Flavors: Chocolate, Nutty, Sweet

This is one of my all time favourite teas and is permanently in stock in my cupboard. It makes a fabulous latte with a little bit of milk and sugar. A wonderful addition to breakfast or unwinding after a long day.

I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t usually like bitter tastes and I have a massive sweet tooth. I’m on the hunt for the best chocolate tea I can find, because I like the taste of tea but ALSO I want to be drinking as close to guilt-free chocolate milk as I can find. Hey, don’t judge me, we all want something different out of our tea.

Chocolate Macaroon Tea is as close as I’ve found so far to the perfect chocolate tea, but I’m pretty sure that something will come along to knock it off its perch. Until then, this is my favorite dessert tea, hands down. I don’t even like coconut and yet this is delicious. If you add some milk it really is like drinking (weaker) chocolate milk. I bet this would be amazing as a latte.

You don’t need to add sugar as it’s already quite sweet. Unfortunately I need two full tsps of this to make it taste as strong as I want it to, and I usually steep it for quite some time. It tastes good enough when you make it right that it’s worth it to me. Reusing the leaves makes watery but still delicious tea.

Try using it for dunking chocolate digestives or sweet biscuits! This is my go-to tea for watching episodes of the Great British Bake Off, usually with a biscuit or two (you Americans would say cookie) in hand.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut, Cream, Nutty, Pecan, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp

Eh. This did not taste how I was expecting it to taste based on the name and the smell. It didn’t really taste like chocolate at all to me, oddly. Although there was a nice coconut flavor, there was also a strange sort of off flavor. Maybe it was just really old; after all, I received the sample months ago and didn’t finish off until now. (Thanks for the sample, Teasipper! I’m glad I got to try it.)

Inkling

Probably the coconut went rancid. I’ve had this one before and it’s FANTASTIC when it’s fresh and absolutely disgusting if you let it sit too long…

tea-sipper

Hmm.. I’ll try mine soon. I got in a swap, so I wasn’t really sure how old it is! Coconut is the worst in tea. haha.

There’s nothing quite like trying a tea for the first time especially when it rises above your expectations. Really very yummy. A really great sweet( but not too sweet) flavor. I would definitely not sweeten this if I was you.

I served this as the final tea at Tea Party yesterday. It was in a beautiful “sweet indulgence” sampler box that Superanna brought to me from her trip to Minnesota.

Wow, this is full of flavor! I will save the rest of it for when my son-in-law is here but he loves both chocolate and coconut teas and he will get the best of both worlds here.

There is a lot of oil floating on top which I am guessing is due to the real coconut mixed in with the leaves. There is lots of coconut flavor. The chocolate is pretty spot on and the light nuttiness adds depth. The tea base is not strong but has presence enough.

It is a great dessert tea and I am glad that we saved for drinking after our pie was gone!

Evol Ving Ness

yeah, this one, when it’s good, it’s really good.

ashmanra

Oh yes, and I just ate a Lindt Coconut Truffle and it tasted exactly like the tea. Yum!

Another successful chocolate tea from Davidstea (my other favourites are Read My Lips and Chocolate Chili Chai). It smells exactly like its name (when dry, the coconut is a bit hidden under the strong chocolate aroma). There is floating oil on top of the tea (that probably comes from the chocolate nibs) and added candi sugar. This kind of tea goes well with sugar but I prefer when the company lets us choose what kind of sugar we want to use and how much. Nonetheless, this will be part of my permanent collection.

Fjellrev

This is definitely a good one. Glad you like it too!

Picked up a little of this yesterday to give it a try. Dry, it smells rich and chocolately – so far so good. But I found that once it brewed up it was underwhelming. Next time I’ll try a longer steep, but at my usual 2 min it was just a vaguely sweet, vaguely creamy, vaguely flavoured mild black. No real flavours stuck out to me. Just all-around meh.

Kittenna

I find this requires a good deal of overleafing to be strong enough for my liking. It also is best with a longer infusion – doesn’t get bitter, but lets the cacao, etc. infuse into the tea more.

De

Thanks for the tip! I resteeped the same leaves for 4 min and got more of the chocolate creaminess, I’ll use more leaves next time as well. Was better the second steep, more flavour.

First off, thanks to Super Starling! for this sample.

I’m just going to come right out and say it. I think I used too much water in this one. I did about 1.5 tbsp and 16 oz of water PER THE WEBSITE DIRECTIONS so I wasn’t just winging it. Set the temp for near boiling. Steeped it for 4 minutes. The smell was pretty amazing. It made me want to eat the tea right out of the bag. However, I passed my civilized training course, so I controlled myself and just steeped it instead.

I was so surprised when I poured this out and it was a blonde yellow color. Didn’t see that coming. I feel though that my tea tasted a bit watered down. And that is probably my fault. I used more water than I normally would anyway because I was trying to follow instructions. The flavor was nice. I get some of that chocolate coconut. I really liked it… but I wanted more OOMPH. I imagine if I cut the water in half I could get that stronger, less watery flavor I am looking for.

The good news is that my dear friend is awesome and sent me enough to have multiple sessions so all is not lost. I’ll try this again at another time and adjust the rating as needed.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut

Super Starling!

Definitely re-try with less water (about 12-14 oz). Also, it’s safe to leave it in there for 5 or 6 minutes. (I am an oversteeping champion).

mtchyg

I knew as soon as I measured it out and poured it in there. I saw how much water appeared to be in the tea pot vs how much I normally eyeball and I thought, “Oh dear. That is far too much water. But, instructions ARE instructions.” Should have trusted my gut.