Chocolate Macaroon

Black Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Coconut, Natural Flavours, Pecans, Sugar
Chocolate, Coconut, Nutty, Smooth, Sweet, Pecan, Earth, Cookie, Creamy, Cocoa, Coffee, Fruity, Soap, Tannin, Butter, Tea, Cream, Nuts, Milk, Cake, Smoke, Dark Chocolate, Bitter, Almond, Alcohol, Vanilla, Artificial, Sugar
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

• “Really love this tea! Its good with milk or without but I love it as a hot or iced latte. The taste of toasted coconut is very prominent but I also taste the chocolate flavor. Its great, would...” Read full tasting note
  • “I tried this for the first time today as a latte with almond milk and a little bit of rock sugar. I took a few sips of the tea plain before making the latte and think it’s very drinkable on its...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve had this as both a latte and brewed tea now. Both are excellent. The coconut and chocolate combination is always a winner for me and the pecans in this are also quite flavourful. It’s got a...” Read full tasting note
  • “I like this tea. It is a bit on the sweeter side, for my taste, but it is pleasant and I enjoyed it. I don’t think I steeped quite enough tea, next time I will add in a bit more.” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

There’s nothing more nostalgic than a coconut macaroon. We’re not talking about the super-trendy French cookies here…for us, it’s all about the bake sale classic: chewy, golden coconut cookies dipped in rich dark chocolate. And with black tea, toasted coconut, cacao nibs, pecans and rock sugar, this rich, nutty blend is just as good as the real thing. The only difference? You don’t have to wait for a bake sale to get a taste.

Ingredients: Black tea, toasted coconut, coconut, pecans, cacao nibs, rock cane sugar, natural flavouring.
Contains pecans and coconut.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Really love this tea! Its good with milk or without but I love it as a hot or iced latte. The taste of toasted coconut is very prominent but I also taste the chocolate flavor. Its great, would recommend to everyone who likes dessert flavored teas.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut

I tried this for the first time today as a latte with almond milk and a little bit of rock sugar. I took a few sips of the tea plain before making the latte and think it’s very drinkable on its own, but I was in the mood for a latte.

This would make an excellent “dessert-substitute” tea. It honestly doesn’t seem quite right as a morning/breakfast tea to me—that’s how dessert-y it is. The coconut flavor is present but not overpowering. I could have handled just a tish more of a chocolate note, but overall it’s well-balanced and smooth.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut, Nutty, Smooth, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I’ve had this as both a latte and brewed tea now. Both are excellent. The coconut and chocolate combination is always a winner for me and the pecans in this are also quite flavourful. It’s got a smooth and velvety flavour that is very pleasant combined with the earthy black tea flavour.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut, Pecan, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML
Dustin

I hated this tea until I had it cold steeped and iced. It was a totally different tea and super delicious. I now try to keep it in stock for warm weather.

CelticBrew

Ooh thanks for the suggestion. I’ll give it a go cold too.

I don’t think I steeped quite enough tea, next time I will add in a bit more.

Flavors: Earth, Sweet

Advent Calendar 2017, Day 2: Really tasted like a chocolate macaroon, but I’m not a huge fan of the coconut flavor. Would probably be better as a latte, or for a big fan of that coconut taste.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Very smooth and chocolately. Probably wouldn’t buy it, but it was a good all around tea. Day 2of 24 days of tea.

4 tsp 51 OZ / 1500 ML

I’m not a fan of coconut in any form so I was surprised when I liked both the aroma and flavor of this blend. I could have done without the stevia, and wondered what this tea would be like with steamed milk. I’ll try my second cup that way.

brewed with 1.5 tsp and 8oz – the scale won’t recognize the measurement.
Tried as part of the Davids Tea 24 Days of Tea Advent calendar – Day 2

Flavors: Coconut, Cookie, Creamy, Nutty

I am not a fan of chocolate because it is too sweet for me, so this tea is perfect! I like how it is a tea and it is not even sweet, yet it can satisfy me when I feel like want to have a chocolate without all those sugars that comes with it. Will definitely buy more of this!

Day 2 of David’s Tea’s 24 Days of Tea 2017
(Yes, this one’s a little late. I blame college.)

Chocolate teas tend to give me trouble. Oftentimes I end up with some sort of oiliness floating on the top that I suspect comes from the chocolate, though I’m not really sure why this happens. I didn’t notice any this time, at least, though I was also drinking from my thermos (until the infuser popped open) so it’s possible I just didn’t see it.

Another problem I tend to have with chocolate teas, including this one, is that, although they smell amazing, those flavours don’t come out nearly as much once brewed. If you prefer a subtle tea this may be perfect for you, but with my sweet tooth I prefer something a little stronger.

Final verdict: don’t love it, but don’t hate it either. Might buy as a gift but probably not for myself.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut

6 min, 30 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

Tasty! Not too sweet, and the chocolate works well in this. The scent is exactly like a chocolate macaroon. Good way to satisfy a sweet tooth.