Chocolate Macaroon

Black Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Coconut, Natural Flavours, Pecans, Sugar
Coconut, Cookie, Creamy, Nutty, Chocolate, Pecan, Sweet, Cocoa, Coffee, Fruity, Soap, Tannin, Butter, Tea, Cream, Nuts, Milk, Cake, Smoke, Dark Chocolate, Bitter, Almond, Alcohol, Vanilla, Artificial, Sugar
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

There’s nothing more nostalgic than a coconut macaroon. We’re not talking about the super-trendy French cookies here…for us, it’s all about the bake sale classic: chewy, golden coconut cookies dipped in rich dark chocolate. And with black tea, toasted coconut, cacao nibs, pecans and rock sugar, this rich, nutty blend is just as good as the real thing. The only difference? You don’t have to wait for a bake sale to get a taste.

Ingredients: Black tea, toasted coconut, coconut, pecans, cacao nibs, rock cane sugar, natural flavouring.
Contains pecans and coconut.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Advent Calendar 2017, Day 2: Really tasted like a chocolate macaroon, but I’m not a huge fan of the coconut flavor. Would probably be better as a latte, or for a big fan of that coconut taste.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Very smooth and chocolately. Probably wouldn’t buy it, but it was a good all around tea. Day 2of 24 days of tea.

4 tsp 51 OZ / 1500 ML

I’m not a fan of coconut in any form so I was surprised when I liked both the aroma and flavor of this blend. I could have done without the stevia, and wondered what this tea would be like with steamed milk. I’ll try my second cup that way.

brewed with 1.5 tsp and 8oz – the scale won’t recognize the measurement.
Tried as part of the Davids Tea 24 Days of Tea Advent calendar – Day 2

Flavors: Coconut, Cookie, Creamy, Nutty

I am not a fan of chocolate because it is too sweet for me, so this tea is perfect! I like how it is a tea and it is not even sweet, yet it can satisfy me when I feel like want to have a chocolate without all those sugars that comes with it. Will definitely buy more of this!

Day 2 of David’s Tea’s 24 Days of Tea 2017
(Yes, this one’s a little late. I blame college.)

Chocolate teas tend to give me trouble. Oftentimes I end up with some sort of oiliness floating on the top that I suspect comes from the chocolate, though I’m not really sure why this happens. I didn’t notice any this time, at least, though I was also drinking from my thermos (until the infuser popped open) so it’s possible I just didn’t see it.

Another problem I tend to have with chocolate teas, including this one, is that, although they smell amazing, those flavours don’t come out nearly as much once brewed. If you prefer a subtle tea this may be perfect for you, but with my sweet tooth I prefer something a little stronger.

Final verdict: don’t love it, but don’t hate it either. Might buy as a gift but probably not for myself.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut

6 min, 30 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

Tasty! Not too sweet, and the chocolate works well in this. The scent is exactly like a chocolate macaroon. Good way to satisfy a sweet tooth.

This was sweet tea that had a chocolate flavor to it that was not overpowering. It was a smooth taste with no after taste.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut, Pecan

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Day 2 DavidsTea 24 Days of Tea advent Calendar – Chocolate Macaroon. I had some trouble getting into this tea — & I mean that literally. The wee single-serving tins that holds each day’s tea in the advent calendar are adorable (and possibly reusable if washed and thoroughly aired out, given how strongly aromatic DT teas are), but today’s tin was cross-threaded and very difficult to open. I had to resort to a pair of vice grips, which still did not help me loosen the lid, but I was able to use them to mash the tin’s weak sides in a bit, releasing its death grip on the cap. So much for reusable this time.

Once I was able to open the darn thing, though, the delightfully indulgent aroma of nutty chocolate turned my mood right around and I couldn’t wait to get this puppy to steepin’. I gave it a solid 5 minutes of steep time and was rewarded with a tasty yet oddly (and pleasantly) light brew. The initial scent smelled like a dense, moist chocolate muffin w/ nuts in it. The brew was nowhere as heavy tasting or feeling as I was expecting. I put half in one mug with some milk and half in the other with no additions. The milky one definitely was the favourite, so much so that I ended up just adding mlk to both mugs. Sans milk’s it’s still fine but the flavour profile warrants a level of creaminess not quite supplied by the tea on its own (almost, just needs a little extra push). With a dash of milk, it’d make a fine, lighter substitute for winter hot chocolate: indulgent but without the same calorie impact. The nuts and chocolate lay a good foundation and the coconut adds in a lighter, sunnier vibe on top. I didn’t even mind the stevia this time, which is usually a turn-off for me. My only regret here is that I drank it at 11pm, which is a bit late for this caffeine level. I might well buy this one after the advent calendar is done.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut, Pecan, Sweet

I am pleasantly surprised by this tea! It isn’t typically one I would’ve purchased on my own, but rather it came in the #24daysoftea Advent Calendar for 2017.

The smell is amazing, both dry and after steeping. I’ve come to realize I really prefer black teas over anything else and I really enjoy sweet, rich flavors. The chocolate and coconut aren’t overpowering, but very smooth and the aftertaste is delicious.

This is definitely going on my “to-purchase” list for my next DAVIDsTEA order!

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut, Nutty

OMG is it possible i never logged this tea?

i purchased the 24 days of tea this year.
i have a bad habit of hoarding the tea samples so this year i’m hoping to drink them at a steady pace and on schedule.

i like this tea! better than i thought i would. i tend to not love david’s chocolatey ones so much.
yay 24 days of tea win.

In other news…
I got a hamster!
i’ve never had a hamster before. he better get ready to be spoiled rotten.

yay for pets! :)

Fjellrev

Yeah! I normally don’t like their chocolate either but this one is awesome, in my opinion.

Roswell Strange

Ooh – what’s the hammy’s name? :D

Shmiracles

i settled on a name this weekend. I’m gonna stick with Oddree’s first suggestion and name him Bauhaus. When I posted it in a hamster message board this weekend someone said it’s the name of a swedish hardware store haha.
which is weird but also funny as heck.
Art Movement,