Firstly I want to thank Infussion Tea for this generous sample and the opportunity for me to review it. I’m always honoured to receive free samples in exchange for honest reviews. :)

I do have some experience with Bai Mudan (also sometimes spelt Bai Mu Dan) and have tried and enjoyed samples from other companies. I remember this tea (in general) being light and refreshing with a little sweetness.

Back to this sample, the leaves are a mixture of brown and green with a few silver tips. It looks as though the leaves were whole which includes stalk but have now crumbled slightly and broken into smaller pieces. They have a slight sweet and floral fragrance.

Gaiwan Instructions: Tea 5g Water Temp: 90ºC / 194ºF
5 steeps: rinse, 25s,45s,1m10s,1m40s,2m30s

Steep one – 25 seconds – I note a wonderful sweet pea fragrance and golden coloured tea soup. The flavour is sweet and floral with no bitterness, very refreshing.

Steep two – 45 seconds – As well as sweetpea this has increased it’s floral tones and has gained a slight green, perhaps vegetal tang.

Steep three – 1 minute 10 seconds – Deliciously floral and refreshing with smooth sweetness with honeyed tones.

Steep four 1 minute 40 seconds – Decreasing slightly in flavour but remaining sweet and floral. Still no harshness but slightly vegetal, almost like a sweet cabbage.

Steep five – 2 minutes 30 seconds – Very subtle with slight sweet floral if not mellow honeyed tones.

Overall – This was a nice example of Bai Mudan in quality and flavour, not the freshest I have had but great for the price with an added bonus of cheap shipping. I would recommend this to anyone that is looking for a Bai Mudan for daily use or for beginners.

The tea is sweet, vegetal, refreshing, floral and delicate. A winning combination. Rating 8/10.

For pictures please read my blog. http://kittylovestea.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/bai-mudan-white-peony-infussion-tea/

TeaEqualsBliss

OMG! Wed rank this at the same time!

darky

very curious about this :)