Last night I was torn between drinking this or maple pecan oolong. Maple pecan won so as soon as I opened my eyes this morning I started making this to take to work.

Oh, it comes in the cutest little tin. I’m a sucker for miniature versions of any ol’ thing, really. It’s not like the tin itself is cute, it’s just the size of it that makes it so. I was surprised to find it too, I’m used to the butiki bags. But yay!

The tea leaves are brown and curly with chocolate chips throughout as well as small dried orange rinds. If you touch it, you’ll feel it damp and I realized just now it’s probably from the citrus oils found in the rind. Maybe. It smells exactly like those chocolate oranges from … Who makes those… Terry’s?

Steeped, the flavour matches the aroma, the citrus stronger than the chocolate and yes, the orange rinds lend a slight bitterness. Not unpleasant but if you’re not expecting it you get taken by surprise. So yeah, the flavour is more orange rind than orange juice. Not sure this makes sense but I’m doing my best! If you’ve ever peeled oranges and cooked the rinds for a dessert or whatever, you know the taste I’m taking about.

I sweetened it and it was really good, however the creamer I added was a mistake. Won’t do it again. It was vanilla creamer and it just confused things, maybe even enhanced the citrus which I was not shooting for. I was going for the creamsicle effect but failed on that account. If you’re into adding dairy, don’t add it to your cup, just pour off a bit and try it that way in case you’re not a fan. Especially since it is quite good without milk/cream, it would be a pity to wreck it.

Stephanie

Yep, I think its Terry’s!

Comments

Stephanie

Yep, I think its Terry’s!

Toronto Canada