This tea is toasty and nutty and smooth, both in the full leaf and in the foil packs. It inspired me to try the Hojicha at a local tea shop (the Path of Tea) and that was very good as well. Thanks to the Mighty Leaf for introducing me to Hojicha. I have since learned that since the leaves are roasted they have less caffeine, so that’s a bonus as well. This is a great tea to wake up to or as a pick me up in the afternoon. Its hard to drink other green teas after you have had a nice smooth Hojicha

I started drinking more tea about 5 years ago when I found that even my half -caf coffee was making me jittery and then sleepy after the caffeine wore off. While I started out with mostly Teavana, but soon expanded my tea cupboard to include lapsang souchon, pu-erh, and other strong black teas. I do enjoy oolongs, green, and other teas, as well as a nice tisane for an evening cuppa.
I am an avid traveler, hiker, soccer player/watcher. I am part of the local outdoor/sports enthusiast club called Bayou City Outdoors, I volunteer as a leader in the local adult soccer league (HWSA), and mentor a little girl with the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization.
I love trying new tea in new places, if you see something in my cupboard you want to try, hit me up for a swap!

Houston, TX