First off, thank you Bonnie so much for the opportunity to try this tea

Dry smell: When I first opened this tea I first caught a light earthy smell. It’s hard to explain but it’s a very warm smell. Under the earthiness there is a light smell of vanilla extract. The strangest smell was something I couldn’t place. The closest I could come was the smell of the breading of a donut.

Wet smell: After the tea gets wet it gives off a very sweet, creamy smell. The vanilla smell is gone but got replaced by the smell of sweet dry hay like on a farm. It’s strange but the donut breading smell seems to have gotten stronger.

Taste: The taste was a lot milder than I expected. The first taste I got was very dry and had a deep flavor. It tasted slightly of cocoa and the bark from a tree. There is absolutely no bitterness. When you swallow your throat feels reeeaaalllyy smooth and it leaves a really moist feeling in your mouth.

This is another one of Verdant’s absolutely amazing teas and I am going to order some if I get the chance.

Bonnie

Glad you enjoyed it.

Insence&Tea

Ya, thank you, it was fantastic!

fleurdelily

I was intrigued by this when visiting their site, wish I’d bought some, now! :) Will keep in mind for next time, thank you for the review

Insence&Tea

It is an amazing tea. If you have the opportunity I would highly recommend trying some.

Comments

Bonnie

Glad you enjoyed it.

Insence&Tea

Ya, thank you, it was fantastic!

fleurdelily

Insence&Tea

I’m new to the high quality tea world and eager to get started tasting and enjoying a whole new world of flavor. I’m a high school senior, 18 years old, and have been an avid tea drinker my whole life. Previously I would drink generic tea bags. Recently I have been getting into Gong Fu Cha and loose leaf teas. Not only do I enjoy the flavors, but the ceremony is a nice way to relax and unwind after a hard days work. I aspire to try many different teas and meet others from the tea community. If anyone has any teas they would be willing to send as samples I would be very thankful to you for helping expand my tea knowledge and pallet.

Washington State