drank Buddha's Blend by DAVIDsTEA

So I’ve been pretty much off tea for almost two weeks. I just didn’t feel like having anything to do with tea, which was pretty depressing now that I think about it. So I had the day off today and decided to have a stay in and drink tea day. Started a little later than I wanted, but not too bad. This was the first one I tried this morning. Got it in a swap from….errr, I actually don’t remember since it was months ago now. If I remember, I’ll be sure to edit this.
The dry has a fruity/floral smell that made my mouth water just a bit. Really I didn’t know what to expect since it had been so long since I got this I’d forgotten what sort of tea it was. I was surprised when I checked that it was a white/green blend with no fruit actually in it. Huh.

The brew has the same fruity/floral smell with a pretty dark golden brew. First sip was very nice. Fruity/floral with just a very mild hint of greenness. Reminded me of the only Tie Guan Yin I’ve ever had but with the greenness toned way down into drinkability (for me at least). I added a bit of Truvia which made the fruityness come out more. Even my Mom liked it when she stopped by to drop something off and I had her try it.

Resteeped – 4 min @ 180* – A bit fainter in taste, but not as much as I was expecting. Still nice but maybe a bit longer on the next steep. Unfortunately I completely ruined this because I decided to try the new cane sugar I’d gotten to maybe replace my Truvia (which is alot more expensive) and vastly overestimated the amount I should’ve added. Made the whole thing horribly sweet so I couldn’t drink it. /sigh/ I know better for next time at least.

I guess I can say that I have a green tea that I like, though I’m not sure how much green tea is actually in this blend. Lol.
This one is definitely one I’d consider ordering, though it’s not one I think I’d be drinking all the time. Probly when I want something different from my usual fare. But I’d consider keeping it around.

I wanted to cut soda out of my life, so I started drinking more tea. Now I’m quickly becoming addicted. But that doesn’t seem like so bad of a thing considering all there is out there to try.

I started with blacks, but oolongs are quickly becoming my new favorite. Unfortunately, I haven’t really been able to find a green or white tea that I really enjoy. Eventually maybe.

Always open for swaps. If you see something in my cupboard that you’re interested in, feel free to send me a message about it. I do have alot of sample sizes in my cupboard, so there might be a few that I won’t be able to swap. But it never hurts to ask. ^^

Likes – Fruity teas (Peach, Apricot & Pineapple to be specific, but I’d likely be open to others). I’m always on the lookout for a good caramel tea too…and a vanilla one. Or any sweet, dessert teas.
Oolongs and Blacks over any others.

Indifferent/Undecided – White teas are a bit delicate for me but I’m not opposed to trying something new. I haven’t yet found a green tea I like since I dislike vegetal flavors, but there has to be something out there. Coconut can be too strong, or alright depending on the tea.

Dislikes – Spicy/chai stuff not so much since I can’t seem to get past the spice taste to anything underneath. Anything overly astringent, though I can’t imagine anyone /liking/ astringency (but I’m probly wrong. Lol). Earl Greys, heavy florals, tart/sour teas, rooibos heavy, mint of any sort, vegetal, musky/leathery, citrus, hibiscus, coffee-esque flavors, lemon.

Allergies – Mangos, some nuts especially walnuts, cherries. Rose petals/heavy rose teas make me ill though it’s not an allergy so to speak. Heavy artificial flavors also make me ill.

Brief ‘How I rate things’ scale:
(Subject to change at any time. Lol)
100-80: I’d definitely reorder this/Keeping this in my cupboard.
79-50: Possibly reorder these. Either if there’s a sale or I’d consider swapping for it’s on a list and I don’t see anything else.
49-40: It’s alright. Glad I tried it but I won’t be ordering/reordering this.
39-20: Glad I tried before buying ‘cause I’d be ticked if I bought this. Ick.
20-lower: UGH! Get it away!

The Windy City