drank Checkmate by DAVIDsTEA

It boggles my mind how different this tastes at home versus at work. The microwave at work, combined with some half & half, makes this taste like delicious toffee tea, while the variable temperature kettle at home, with some soy milk, makes this a lame black and white tea mixture. Too many variables, I guess. Is it the water? The choice of milk? The way the water is heated? The steep time? (I confess I steep this longer at work…too much distraction!) I don’t know!

Bonnie

Might be the water and probably the milk. Even with great water, I keep a water filter that’s attractive (from Target) just for my tea. I think it also extends the life of an electric kettle by removing minerals. I use condensed milk (poured into a glass bottle with a lid cuz I hate the can!).

Comments

Bonnie

San Francisco Bay Area