drank White Symphony by Adagio Teas

I brought some of this with me in a tumbler for my drink in the car on the way to work. I steeped it 2.5 minutes instead of the Adagio-recommended 7 to see what effect that might have.

The more I drink this the more I wonder whether I don’t love white peony or whether I just don’t love THIS white peony. It’s been a long time since I’ve compared different whites and I just can’t remember.

This one has a heaviness that seems incongruous with white tea, a very planty taste that I don’t find at all evocative of melon or nectarine as indicated in the description, and that sits heavy in my stomach.

I do like it better plain than with flavoring, but it’s still not something I’d stock regularly.

In fact, I’m bumping it down just a tad. I’m within sipdown range and I’m finding myself looking forward to the sipdown.

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California