Oh my! As soon as I saw this tea up for sale I had to get it!

DRY: Smells strongly like pumpkin pie spices, I can really pick out cloves! Reminds me of my dad’s pumpkin pie – lots of spice!

STEEPED: A nice dark brown, smells like more pumpkin pie spice with a hint of caramel sweetness.

TASTE: Spices (clove, nutmeg) with a depth of pumpkin taste. Also caramel flavor. The pumpkin taste I find impressive as I could almost sense the texture in my head, it’s that spot on. The cheesecake flavor is really in the background. Sometimes I notice it, other times I can’t – might be from the spices being pretty forward. Bit of bitterness, but I always seem to wrestle with 52 teas’ black teas for steeping times and temperatures.

Sweetened, the caramel comes out and virtually no bitterness.

COMMENTS: Very good pumpkin tea, that’s for sure! Great use of spice, the caramel is nice too! I wish there was more cheesecake twang, but could be moreso with tinkering with temperatures and steep time.
Great fall tea! yum yum! I love fall, but I wish here in southern california it was more fall looking. Apparently over the next few days it’s another 105 degree heat wave. UGGG!

CHAroma

Oh, I’m so jealous of your tea and your climate! I miss Southern California. *sigh

Comments

CHAroma

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA