Can I just take a moment to say how impressed I’ve been by Tao Tea Leaf? For a company that I’d never heard of before the day I placed an order with them I’m completely surprised by how incredible their teas have been.
Earthy is how I would describe this tea. Rich and earthy. I’m kind of at a loss trying to describe what flavors I’m tasting. Sort of deep chocolate but brighter and a little nutty. Like roasted grain nutty. Quite sweet as well. Zero bitterness or astringency. I don’t know how to describe it, but I love it. Highly recommended.

Flavors: Dark Chocolate, Roasted Barley

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Marzipan

I need to pop mine open and start drinking.

looseTman

You definitely have a treat waiting for you!

boychik

I love this tea. Didn’t know where to log: we have 2 entries for this tea. I find it is simar to LB by Verdant. Not the same, but still similar.

yyz

Its confusing because the package says jin ping, but the store listing is Zhenghe gongfu. The tea is a zhenge gongfu produced in Jin Ping village.

cookies

Yeah, that is odd. I’ll add my review to that page too.

looseTman

yyz & boychik, Agreed – awesome!

“Didn’t know where to log: we have 2 entries for this tea.”
That because Tao Tea Leaf has marketed this tea under at least 2 different names. Can Jason merge these two entries?

looseTman

Marzipan, Please count me in next time there’s a group order for a TTL sale – Thanks!

Comments

Marzipan

I need to pop mine open and start drinking.

looseTman

You definitely have a treat waiting for you!

boychik

yyz

cookies

Yeah, that is odd. I’ll add my review to that page too.

looseTman

yyz & boychik, Agreed – awesome!

“Didn’t know where to log: we have 2 entries for this tea.”

looseTman

My favorite teas are unflavored Chinese blacks, especially Yunnans & Fujians and I’m also partial to strong Irish Breakfast blends and Assams. In addition to black teas I like heavy roasted oolongs and less-grassy green teas. I enjoy my blacks and oolongs unflavored, but have a soft-spot for flavored green teas. I always take my tea without additions except for masala chai blends which I always add milk to. Generally unsweetened soy or quinoa milks, occasionally I’ll splurge with some sweetened vanilla soy milk.

Likes: Anything roasty, toasty, smoky, or malty. As well as citrus and cream flavors.

Dislikes: Anise/licorice/fennel, stevia, & coconut flavoring. Rooibos, honeybush and mate tisanes.

Allergies: Peanuts & Tree nuts

I’ve decided to use a simplified rating system in order to keep things consistent.

100- The best tea I have ever tasted. Can’t live without it.

95- Wonderful teas that I drink almost daily, and will always have on hand. Probably the first teas I will recommend and serve to guests.

90- Teas I greatly enjoy and will restock often, though I may not always have them on hand.

80 – Good teas that I may purchase occasionally, or drink when I’m in the mood. Perhaps seasonal teas.

70- Enjoyable teas. I wouldn’t turn down a cup but may have to be in the mood to consider. Probably not a consistent in my cupboard.

60- I finished my cup/sample but wouldn’t purchase, and would turn down a cup if there were any other options.

50- Didn’t finish the cup. Would not drink again if offered a cup.

1- Nothing could make me try this tea again. And it has probably reduced my opinion of the entire company.

USA