drank Passionate Rose by Tea Palace

I think the splendor of this one is fading. The flavor is no longer rich, but thin and most of what’s left of the fruitiness is the tartness and a slight bitterness. Oh well, it’s two years old and almost gone. Taking the rest of this one home to cold steep.

Some teas age better than others, although most (excepting puerhs of course) seem to fade at about 2 years. I sorted my cupboard by date added and it looks like I need to get moving on some old Harney (because they do fade pretty hard after 2 years) and a few others. I have some Dammann teas that are 2 years old now, but they are miraculously still lovely.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US