drank Mango Lassi by DAVIDsTEA
1938 tasting notes

I have a lot of issues with this tea and I am not sure why. Basically the first time I had it, I made a pot with a friend of mine. At first I thought it was great because you can really taste the mango but then as I kept drinking something just really started bugging me about it. I found myself noticing flavors that I felt took away from the mango as opposed to complimenting them. Then, the longer I sat there smelling the tea, the more the smell began to really bother me.

I always wanted to give it another try to see if my initial impression was right or if I actually did not like the tea however I was always a bit apprehensive about doing so given my first experience with it. What finally convinced me to give a try was a saleswoman at David’s told me it made a great latte (which makes sense given lassis are creamy) and then today when I asked my roommate what tea I should make as a latte she just happened to pick this one randomly. I took that as a sign it was time to try it again.

I first tried the tea without the addition of milk and at first only tasted the mango but upon the next sip the other flavors crept in and I found myself being put off yet again. So I frothed the milk and give it a try that way. Yet again the flavors just did not sit right with me and this latte went down the drain (second of the day I poured out :P). Now I have 15-20 g of this that I will probably never drink again which means there is one more addition to my swap box.

Tea Ratings (a loose guide):