Almond Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Since I have an almond theme going, I thought I'd revisit this one. This time I tried it in the gaiwan with steeps starting at 30 seconds, going up to 1:30. Also shared with the BF. Both kids...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 933 tasting notes
  • “Leif & I also shared a pot of this Almond Oolong, which we sweetened with stevia. It's rather like an almond cookie, although the flavor is a little too 'almond extract', but still tasty. It also...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2480 tasting notes
  • “*Sandy* thank you SO much for not only a generous sample but the cutest tin hand painted!!! Your such the artist - I can't draw a stick figure so am always so happy to get something hand crafted...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “I am still dealing with my nasal infection, and it feels like my tongue has been wrapped in cotton... it feels buffered, and my taste buds are having a hard time (for the most part) discerning...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4221 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Combining savory almond slices with the bright, fruity taste of Formosa oolong tea, our Almond tea is a great stand-alone drink as well as the perfect dessert complement. In fact, it is so versatile that, if you don’t like our Almond tea, you’re probably the one that’s nuts.

About Adagio Teas View company

My first steeping of this had to be done with microwaved water (1:30 minutes), so I’m sure it’s reducing the quality. I can taste a light hint of almond but the tea is really light. Going to try steeping longer…

TeaEqualsBliss

Hi MandyB! Great to see you – I was thinking about you yesterday! Found another cool Tea site…will gchat it to you later! :P

I’ve been eating a lot of nuts lately (mostly pistachios and almonds), so I thought I’d break out my almond oolong sample as my first cup of the day. The dry leaves have a very strong smell. It smells like a concentrated almond extract more than typical roasted almonds that you would eat in a trail mix or something. The resulting tea is a bit perfume-y and has a strong almond extract taste. It also somehow reminds me of rooibos with a slightly medicinal/minty taste. This tea is a little confusing to me and did not turn out exactly as I had imagined.

I love almond-flavored things and I love oolong, so this was definitely a tea I wanted to try!

The leaves smell sweet, slightly almondy, but just kind of sweet in general.

Brewed, I smell that same sweet, slightly almond scent. But it’s not what I would consider almond to smell like. I’m probably thinking of almond extract, and this isn’t quite that.

The taste? Unfortunately, I can’t seem to taste anything over the apple I had a bit ago, so I will have to try this again some other time. :sigh:

Nice almond flavor, but perhaps it does mask the oolong a little too much.

great tea with just a hint of almond. gave a little to my dad who has never had loose leaf tea and he loved it too.

Great to sip and relax and think about life. Smells nice, too!

Tea & Cards TTB

This is a fairly tasty oolong base, but the almond flavour comes across as rather artificial…it’s not one I’m enjoying drinking, but since I’ve a seriously stuffy nose I’m not going to even try rating it.

I really just want to clear out my sinuses so that I can taste again…this is miserable.

I was excited to try this flavored oolong because in the past I’ve generally liked oolongs. Almond is one of my favorites. The aroma was terrific when I opened the bag. I followed the directions on the sample 212/3-5 min. Leaves have a good strong aroma after steeping. Tea a little bland after steeping. I was expecting a bit more flavor since the initial aroma was terrific. I added a little monk’s fruit sweetener but it didn’t bring it up to the level I had anticipated. I did a resteep and no improvement just weaker.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cheri

Maybe add some extra almonds when you steep it the next time to give it more of a nutty flavor?

carol who

Good idea! Which would be better raw or toasted, whole or sliced?

Nutty, but in an almost sweet way. Not my favorite nut-flavored tea, but still a nice cup.

Pretty unimpressive as a whole. It doesn’t taste bad, just very artificial. It smells the same as most scented almond bath products – fake.