Almond Oolong

Oolong Tea
Almond, Marzipan, Nutty, Sweet, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Combining savory almond slices with the bright, fruity taste of Formosa oolong tea, our Almond tea is a great stand-alone drink as well as the perfect dessert complement. In fact, it is so versatile that, if you don’t like our Almond tea, you’re probably the one that’s nuts.

About Adagio Teas View company

My first steeping of this had to be done with microwaved water (1:30 minutes), so I’m sure it’s reducing the quality. I can taste a light hint of almond but the tea is really light. Going to try steeping longer…

TeaEqualsBliss

Hi MandyB! Great to see you – I was thinking about you yesterday! Found another cool Tea site…will gchat it to you later! :P

I’ve been eating a lot of nuts lately (mostly pistachios and almonds), so I thought I’d break out my almond oolong sample as my first cup of the day. The dry leaves have a very strong smell. It smells like a concentrated almond extract more than typical roasted almonds that you would eat in a trail mix or something. The resulting tea is a bit perfume-y and has a strong almond extract taste. It also somehow reminds me of rooibos with a slightly medicinal/minty taste. This tea is a little confusing to me and did not turn out exactly as I had imagined.

I love almond-flavored things and I love oolong, so this was definitely a tea I wanted to try!

The leaves smell sweet, slightly almondy, but just kind of sweet in general.

Brewed, I smell that same sweet, slightly almond scent. But it’s not what I would consider almond to smell like. I’m probably thinking of almond extract, and this isn’t quite that.

The taste? Unfortunately, I can’t seem to taste anything over the apple I had a bit ago, so I will have to try this again some other time. :sigh:

Nice almond flavor, but perhaps it does mask the oolong a little too much.

great tea with just a hint of almond. gave a little to my dad who has never had loose leaf tea and he loved it too.

Great to sip and relax and think about life. Smells nice, too!

This was the worst oolong that I got from Adagio teas and I hope it stays at that position because I wouldn’t want anything worse. The natural almond flavor that is added (however it is added as well) ruins the oolong taste in this tea. Maybe I had a bad batch or something but it was quite repulsive- enough so that I threw it out.

What I really enjoy about Adagio is that the the aroma of the unbrewed tea really does signal what’s to follow. Open a bag of this tea and what do you get? Marzipan. It makes for a very comforting cup of tea. Bold marzipan flavor and very smooth.

Flavors: Almond, Almond, Marzipan, Marzipan, Nutty, Nutty, Sweet, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

The smell is marzipan-almond but the flavour is subtle. I like this one. And even though it was improperly stored in my cupboard for a really long time, it still tastes good.

I got a generous sample of this tea when I ordered the Chestnut black tea from Adagio. I think that I like this one even more, although I think that I think that I steeped the Chestnut incorrectly.

Flavors: Marzipan