Almond Oolong

Oolong Tea
Almond, Nuts, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Since I have an almond theme going, I thought I'd revisit this one. This time I tried it in the gaiwan with steeps starting at 30 seconds, going up to 1:30. Also shared with the BF. Both kids...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 951 tasting notes
  • “Leif & I also shared a pot of this Almond Oolong, which we sweetened with stevia. It's rather like an almond cookie, although the flavor is a little too 'almond extract', but still tasty. It also...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2855 tasting notes
  • “*Sandy* thank you SO much for not only a generous sample but the cutest tin hand painted!!! Your such the artist - I can't draw a stick figure so am always so happy to get something hand crafted...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “I am still dealing with my nasal infection, and it feels like my tongue has been wrapped in cotton... it feels buffered, and my taste buds are having a hard time (for the most part) discerning...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4322 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Combining savory almond slices with the bright, fruity taste of Formosa oolong tea, our Almond tea is a great stand-alone drink as well as the perfect dessert complement. In fact, it is so versatile that, if you don’t like our Almond tea, you’re probably the one that’s nuts.

About Adagio Teas View company

My first steeping of this had to be done with microwaved water (1:30 minutes), so I’m sure it’s reducing the quality. I can taste a light hint of almond but the tea is really light. Going to try steeping longer…

TeaEqualsBliss

Hi MandyB! Great to see you – I was thinking about you yesterday! Found another cool Tea site…will gchat it to you later! :P

I’ve been eating a lot of nuts lately (mostly pistachios and almonds), so I thought I’d break out my almond oolong sample as my first cup of the day. The dry leaves have a very strong smell. It smells like a concentrated almond extract more than typical roasted almonds that you would eat in a trail mix or something. The resulting tea is a bit perfume-y and has a strong almond extract taste. It also somehow reminds me of rooibos with a slightly medicinal/minty taste. This tea is a little confusing to me and did not turn out exactly as I had imagined.

I love almond-flavored things and I love oolong, so this was definitely a tea I wanted to try!

The leaves smell sweet, slightly almondy, but just kind of sweet in general.

Brewed, I smell that same sweet, slightly almond scent. But it’s not what I would consider almond to smell like. I’m probably thinking of almond extract, and this isn’t quite that.

The taste? Unfortunately, I can’t seem to taste anything over the apple I had a bit ago, so I will have to try this again some other time. :sigh:

Nice almond flavor, but perhaps it does mask the oolong a little too much.

great tea with just a hint of almond. gave a little to my dad who has never had loose leaf tea and he loved it too.

Great to sip and relax and think about life. Smells nice, too!

Pass the Stash

I don’t know what it is but garlic bread is glorious. It just tastes so delicious and makes my taste buds happy. As slightly repulsing as it sounds, if a garlic bread tea existed, I would jump right on that. Mmm…garlic..

ANYWAYS, this tea is so smooth. Oolong mixes so much better with an almond flavor than black or green so I really appreciate this base. As far as the almond goes, it is most definitely almond. No if, ands, or buts about it! Almond and oolong just seem to perfectly compliment each other.

Flavors: Almond

Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 1 g 2 OZ / 59 ML
Ost

Not sure it would be good in tea form but garlic is definitely glorious!

albertocanfly

You are probably right..but I’d definitely be up for trying it:P

Stephanie

I’ve never met anyone who hates garlic, have you? It seems pretty universally loved.

albertocanfly

Never ever! One of my friends doesn’t like too strong of a garlic flavor.. I think that’s the closest that I have ever found. :P

Arshness

I love almond oolong by Adagio. I just got a pouch last month. :) So good.

albertocanfly

It is so good:] Ah, Adagio makes some really delicious teas.

I enjoyed the almond flavor of this tea. I really could taste the sweet nutty addition.
I am not sure I’m familiar enough with Oolong yet to really understand what it was meant to taste like in general. The Almond part was really what shined to me. I drank this tea with just a little sugar and it was delicious. I’d definitely drink it again. I would even go for a stronger Almond flavor than this. Now I’m really wondering what other Almond teas exist. :)

Flavors: Almond, Nuts, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
carol who

I’m glad you like it!

Arshness

Ironically, it’s not the one you sent ^ It’s one my friend Becky sent me. I just got your package out of the mail! Ee ^ I’m so excited about this one!! ^
There’s a ton of stuff I can’t wait to try. Hardest question: WHAT TO TRY FIRST :D Thank you again for sending teas ^
You have lovely handwriting btw!

Received this tea as part of my adagio oolong sampler set. It’s actually the first oolong tea that I have ever tried. I expected the tea to be darker steeped, but the color turned out to have a honey-colored liquor. Regarding the taste all I can say is that it tastes like liquid marzipan. All I can taste is the sweet almond. With my first brew, I made the mistake of adding cream, it was WAY to sweet, almost undrinkable. Almost ;)
I would not recommend cream or sweetener it is already so flavorful and sweet.

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

TTBCr2
Meh. I realize now that I’ve pulled the page to review this tea that it should have had bits of almond pieces in it, but there were none in the sample that I took from the box. Bummer. It had a slight almond flavor, but in general was just earthy. I didn’t think it was bad, but I was disappointed that it had no real almondy goodness to it. Now I understand why it didn’t have that yum I was looking for. It was creamy, though, which was nice.