Almond Oolong

Oolong Tea
Almond, Marzipan, Nuts, Nutty, Sweet, Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Combining savory almond slices with the bright, fruity taste of Formosa oolong tea, our Almond tea is a great stand-alone drink as well as the perfect dessert complement. In fact, it is so versatile that, if you don’t like our Almond tea, you’re probably the one that’s nuts.

About Adagio Teas View company

My first steeping of this had to be done with microwaved water (1:30 minutes), so I’m sure it’s reducing the quality. I can taste a light hint of almond but the tea is really light. Going to try steeping longer…

TeaEqualsBliss

Hi MandyB! Great to see you – I was thinking about you yesterday! Found another cool Tea site…will gchat it to you later! :P

I’ve been eating a lot of nuts lately (mostly pistachios and almonds), so I thought I’d break out my almond oolong sample as my first cup of the day. The dry leaves have a very strong smell. It smells like a concentrated almond extract more than typical roasted almonds that you would eat in a trail mix or something. The resulting tea is a bit perfume-y and has a strong almond extract taste. It also somehow reminds me of rooibos with a slightly medicinal/minty taste. This tea is a little confusing to me and did not turn out exactly as I had imagined.

I love almond-flavored things and I love oolong, so this was definitely a tea I wanted to try!

The leaves smell sweet, slightly almondy, but just kind of sweet in general.

Brewed, I smell that same sweet, slightly almond scent. But it’s not what I would consider almond to smell like. I’m probably thinking of almond extract, and this isn’t quite that.

The taste? Unfortunately, I can’t seem to taste anything over the apple I had a bit ago, so I will have to try this again some other time. :sigh:

Nice almond flavor, but perhaps it does mask the oolong a little too much.

great tea with just a hint of almond. gave a little to my dad who has never had loose leaf tea and he loved it too.

Great to sip and relax and think about life. Smells nice, too!

I received a sample of this with my order. I’ve been trying to branch out and I’ve been wanting to get into oolongs for a while. This tea smells extremely sweet in the bag, and the sweetness smell only mellows out a little when brewed. This concerned me slightly since I’m not a huge fan of very sweet teas, but the sweetness is not unbearable. It’s sweeter than I’m used to, but I like the nuttiness so I’ll just have to get used to the sweetness. I’m not sure that I would drink this all the time, but it’s nice to have around for when I want something different. I drank one cup plain (steeped as the notes say) and left the rest brewing. I drank the second cup with a tiny bit of milk. The longer steep time seems to bring out the oolong base more, and the milk makes the almond flavor pop.

Flavors: Almond, Marzipan, Nuts, Nutty, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 22 OZ / 650 ML

Not a fan TTB. I’m not sensing quite as much almond as I thought I would in this one. There is a bit of nutty flavor but just not enough. The base is very woodsy, slight bit of earthy. A good compliment for nutty teas generally. I think if they added real almonds instead of just flavoring it would make it better for me.

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I am not opposed to almond, but it’s not one of my primary flavor preferences. I got this as a sample from the lovely people at Adagio because I like their Vanilla Oolong.

The almond flavor is nice, but it’s a little bright – as pointed out, it feels a little almond-extracty. Adagio’s oolong is always nice, but it’s just not as strong with such a sharp almond flavor. I’ll finish the sample packet, but I doubt I’ll buy any more when there are other flavors that I enjoy more.

Flavors: Almond, Nutty, Sweet, Tea

Not my cup of tea TTB

NOpe, not my cup of tea either. It’s alright, but the almond flavor is barely there and the oolong doesn’t blend well with what is there.