Peppermint Bark

Edit tea info Last updated by yyz

• “I just spent the better part of 15 minutes digging around in my tea stash (and not finding) a plain peppermint tea. It's strange how someone with so many different teas could be craving something...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2168 tasting notes
  • “First off, it's a lovely tea. :) This is pretty good. Just smelling the steam wafting from the steeping cup made my sinuses feel more clear. :) It is very strongly peppermint, which I like. So...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 426 tasting notes
  • “This tea both smells and tastes like liquid peppermint bark. I wouldn't have believed it was possible if I didn't taste it. I added a touch of sweetener, which I usually do when drinking teas with...” Read full tasting note
    john12 23 tasting notes
  • “*Great Canadian TTB* This is a nice chocolate peppermint tea. However, it is very similar to Della Terras take on chocolate peppermint and I am pretty sure I have a lot of that in my cupboard....” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1345 tasting notes

From Capital Teas

If you love candy canes, or are a fan of peppermint tea, you will absolutely adore this holiday offering. Black tea, peppermint leaves and vanilla flavoring create the perfect flavor of peppermint bark candy. Kids and adults of all ages love this tea.

Health Benefits:

- Great Source of Antioxidants, which have been shown to lower the risk of heart disease
- Black Tea has been shown to reduce cholesterol
- May be an mentally stimulating beverage
- Has approximately 20% of the caffeine content of coffee

Ingredients:

Black Tea, peppermint leaves, white chocolate pieces, cacao, vanilla flavoring

Brewing Instructions:

Hot Tea: use 1 tsp. of tea per 6 ounces of water. Heat water to 195 °F and steep for 3-5 minutes. If bolder flavor is desired, increase the amount of tea used

Iced Tea: use 2 tsp. of tea per 6 ounces of water. Heat water to 195 °F and steep for 3-5 minutes. After steeping, pour brewed tea over an equal amount of ice. For more information on iced tea, see our instructional video.

About Capital Teas View company

I just spent the better part of 15 minutes digging around in my tea stash (and not finding) a plain peppermint tea. It’s strange how someone with so many different teas could be craving something so basic but I guess that’s how life goes sometimes. This is definitely minty but I’m hoping the caffeine this late in the day won’t keep me awake!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

First off, it’s a lovely tea. :)

This is pretty good. Just smelling the steam wafting from the steeping cup made my sinuses feel more clear. :) It is very strongly peppermint, which I like. So many mint teas also have spearmint, and I can’t stand spearmint usually so I’m glad this one has just peppermint. The vanilla mellows out the bite from the mint without completely subduing it and the black tea base seems to be well matched. I could do without the white “chocolate” but I can see where it is maybe needed to make the peppermint “bark” part of it work. I honestly don’t know if I taste it. That white confectionery stuff usually just tastes sweet to me, not even really vanilla-y and this tea doesn’t lead me to think “sweet.” There is a dryness to the sip that isn’t objectionable, just worth noting. It isn’t a quenching drink but it’s certainly peppermint!

This tea both smells and tastes like liquid peppermint bark. I wouldn’t have believed it was possible if I didn’t taste it. I added a touch of sweetener, which I usually do when drinking teas with chocolate.

The only problem with this tea is that it both smells and tastes like liquid peppermint bark after you brew it. I’m not so sure the world needs this tea.

However, some of my coworkers love this tea. The bottom line is if you’re interested in having tea that tastes just like white chocolate peppermint bark, this is the one to go for. If not, try something else.

Great Canadian TTB

This is a nice chocolate peppermint tea. However, it is very similar to Della Terras take on chocolate peppermint and I am pretty sure I have a lot of that in my cupboard. Nonetheless, I am really enjoying this cup so thank you Jeweled Thumb for adding it to the box.

CapitalTeas

Thanks for your review! Happy Brewing :)

I got this tea as a end of finals present to myself. I can legitimately say I looked more forward to trying this tea than I did seeing my family over the holidays.

It really met all my expectations. Creamy with notes of white chocolate and peppermint – and not too dense, considering the ingredients. My only wish for this tea is that they made an herbal version next year – it’s such a good dessert tea but I don’t like having too much caffeine before bed.