Edit tea info Last updated by Lala

• “This finishes off the sample sent to me from *Lala* - though I thankfully still have a sealed 50g packet that I bought from Cuppa'T earlier in the month. This portion, however, was made in my...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1176 tasting notes
  • “sample sidpdown! and i'm back down to 140 teas. 15 days ish to get through 35 more haha. I received this in the mail the other day from Lala with a really thoughtful, surprise holiday card....” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4041 tasting notes
  • “I received a lovely holiday card tea card in the mail yesterday from *Lala*. Thank you so much for the warm, generous, thoughtful gesture. I am truly touched by your kindness. In the card was a...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter3657 579 tasting notes
  • “Attention *Steepster*. I love and hate you at the same time. I did not type for the last 5 minutes in order for you to just throw it all away without saving it. You are a cruel, cruel friend. So...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 709 tasting notes

From Cuppa'T Specialty Teas

black tea, sliced almonds, cinnamon, natural flavours, safflower petals

About Cuppa'T Specialty Teas View company

This finishes off the sample sent to me from Lala – though I thankfully still have a sealed 50g packet that I bought from Cuppa’T earlier in the month. This portion, however, was made in my timolino and brought with to Robyn’s.

Steeped for four minutes in boiling water – and I’m not really sure how much leaf was used since I just dumped it all in the brew basket. More than 1 1/2 tsp. and less than 1 tbsp.

It was a little bitter, but that could be from sitting in the timolino all day (I made this at like 2 PM but didn’t drink it until around 9 PM) or from a longer steep time. Still really good though: like a marzipan heavy almond cookie.

sample sidpdown! and i’m back down to 140 teas. 15 days ish to get through 35 more haha.

I received this in the mail the other day from Lala with a really thoughtful, surprise holiday card. :) It was a wonderful surprise to get in the mail! Thank you a bunch lala. This tea smells a lot like a combination of brioche and S&V’s sweet almond tea (i think it is…) that i enjoy.

I brewed this up this evening since i was in a bit of a holiday, festive mood after my afternoon with raritea. This has a great almond taste to it along with a bit of cinnamon. It’s not cinnamon heavy though – rather the cinnamon just enhances the almond flavour. over all a pretty tasty tea, though it’s a little thin? for my tastes. While drinking it, i kept wishing for it to have a bit more of a full feeling to it. however, still a delicious cup! thanks Lala

Lala

Happy you enjoyed it!

I received a lovely holiday card tea card in the mail yesterday from Lala. Thank you so much for the warm, generous, thoughtful gesture. I am truly touched by your kindness. In the card was a sample of this tea.
This is a nice light almond cinnamon tea. In Lala’s tasting note she suggests cake, I’m getting bakery, but I think more strudel or danish – yep almond, cinnamon “coffee cake” danish.
I’m not sure I would have bought this for myself, but am really happy to have gotten this sample. Thank you!!!

Lala

You’re welcome. Glad you liked it.

Attention Steepster. I love and hate you at the same time. I did not type for the last 5 minutes in order for you to just throw it all away without saving it. You are a cruel, cruel friend.

So back to the memories of this review…

I didn’t buy this one for me but I had to try it when I got home because it was so interesting. It also had rave reviews from the tea shop owner.

The dry tea reminds me so much of Christmas. It is black tea with red safflower petals and almond slivers. So pretty.

The dry tea does not really smell that amazing. It is kinda like cinnamon and nuts.

The brewed tea is delicious. The black tea and safflower petals give it a cake-y/heavy pastry flavour. There is a light cinnamon taste. It is more sweet cinnamon than spicey cinnamon. There is a light almond flavour. It is not marizipan like I find a lot of almond teas taste like, it is more natural almond taste.

This one reminds me of a coffee cake (heavy white cake/bread with cinnamon and sugar). I don’t think this one is going to last too long in my house. I will most likely go and get more.

I can imagine this would be great with milk and brown sugar, so I will just have to try another cup.

sounds delicious!

Terri HarpLady

I hate when that happens!
The tea sounds tasty though!

Yummy and sweet, the almond flavours really come through in this tea without the nutty bitterness.
Pretty too, with the safflower petals