Sweet Strawberry

White Tea
Berries, Grass, Cream, Strawberry, Tangy
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “What the fuck is up with DT lately? I could be wrong or overreacting, but it seems like they keep pulling their white blends and discontinuing them! I know they've now discontinued Checkmate...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1945 tasting notes
  • “I shared this with my coworker today and she loved it! yay! Then she told me she doesn't hate any tea, except pumpkin flavoured. I can work with that. Let the tea tasting begin! We both enjoyed...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “And again, back to my old faithful. After the disappointment that was Chili Chai, I figured I should go for something a little more reliable in my world. I do love this tea, I can not believe how...” Read full tasting note
    mewakeling 484 tasting notes
  • “I decided to move into whites for the evening (and by evening I mean 10 at night) to cut down on my caffeine. I decided to go with this one because *Lovelylotus* sent me so much and I am trying to...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1932 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A sweet offering
There are hundreds of reasons to love strawberries, but our favourite comes from Bavaria. Every spring, they tie small baskets of strawberries to the horns of their cattle to attract berry-loving elves. Legend has it, with the elves on your side you’re sure to have an abundant year. So when you enjoy a pot of this sweet, berry-laced tea, try leaving a cup on your doorstep. You never know what your neighbourhood elves will leave in return.

Ingredients: Bai Mu dan white tea from China, strawberries, rosehips, white Silver Needles from China, hibiscus, stevia.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The strawberries taste like strawberries!

This was the other white tea that I picked up from DT the other day (the other being Gold Rush) and I must say, I have had this tea before I purchased some so I already knew what I was getting into but I really enjoyed it so I knew it had to be added to my stash and I certainly wasn’t wrong.

Dry this is a very white tea with little pieces of freeze dried strawberries and the odd piece of hibiscus providing contrasting colors. It has a very sweet strawberry aroma to it that will make you mouth water immediately. Steeping the tea produces the same lovely strawberry aroma and will have you watching your tea timer waiting for it to hit zero.

The final brew color really depends on the amount of hibiscus and strawberry you get when you make your cup. I made one yesterday night when I got home that was quite golden due to the lack of strawberries and hibiscus but another cup today was nice and pink because I made sure to get extra pieces. This brew has stevia in it so sweetening really isn’t required but it wont hurt it if you want some, when I had it iced it would have been a little sweeter. This tea took cookie dough and slapped it into next year taking my top spot for white tea’s from DT.

The strawberry flavour of this tea fades away in the background. Overall, the taste is very thin. I am not able to detect a full white tea taste. There seemed to be a kind of saltiness upon each sip throughout until the finish where the strawberry tastes blooms slightly.
I know that I am sensitive to the taste of stevia, so this may be what is making my tea experience less than desirable in this case.

I could drink this for hours. It tastes almost like a fresh strawberry tart. The fruitiness compliments the white tea fabulously.. Need to buy 200g… Now.

I tried it cold today. The berry taste comes through a bit more than while it was hot. Apparently I’m not a big fan of fruity teas, because this isn’t doing much for me.

Excellent fruity tea. It’s sweet and the strawberry flavour is very nice, it goes well with the white tea

This one has a nice and light strawberry taste. It’s pretty simple, but not boring. I don’t know if this one will make it onto my tea wall…

Not overly flavorful, but good enough to steep once in a while.

Backlog from yesterday, coldbrew sipdown (381/359, due to replacing our Kokomo green yesterday).

I remembered seeing this on the wall the other day, so I wanted to try our little package of it before we headed to Davids and see if I needed to stock up.

It’s very good, exactly as advertised. A sweet strawberry with white tea. It’s tasty, but since I have a 100g of blazing strawberries to satisfy my coldbrew strawberry cravings, it’s not one I feel the need to stock up on. It’s just good, not amazing.

Oh Sweet Strawberry… Once upon a time I used to work for DAVIDsTEA (It was short lived, but I still am a faithful DAVIDsTea purchaser… Retail is not for me. It quite literally is like hell on earth). As I was about to leave, I, of course, had to do a mass shopping spree. Now this was taunting me and decided since I was getting at my discount I would buy it anyway. As I was getting my manager to weigh it out, she was crinkling her nose, and looking at it in a dirty diaper-esk way. She said she hated it because it tasted like a tomato… I had to agree that a tomato tea would be completely off putting. Regardless, I bought it.

I can see how she would say tomato because it has a tangy smell, but it does taste like strawberries, but not strawberry in a sense that you would imagine when drinking strawberry juice. It taste like a natural strawberry (berry, tangy, fresh). There is a hint of grass from the white tea base, but I actually quite like it. I have only had it hot with a touch of agave (to cut a bit of the tang), I would imagine that this would make an nice iced tea as well. I’ll keep you posted when I am able to try it iced. (Im in canada and its -30 celcius, so iced is not in the near future… give it a few months, hahaha)

Flavors: Berries, Grass

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Back when I was first getting into tea I stuck mostly to Green tea and Black tea. When I started branching out Sweet Strawberry was the first White tea that I tried -and I loved it! I love White tea because of how mild it is -while still being extremely flavorful. And this tea is no exception, you can really taste the strawberry but it is not overpowering. All in all a lovely tea.