What the fuck is up with DT lately? I could be wrong or overreacting, but it seems like they keep pulling their white blends and discontinuing them! I know they’ve now discontinued Checkmate (thankfully I have a sample of it still I can try), and their Jasmine Silver Needles, and now this one isn’t listed on the site any more either. I seriously hope this one isn’t going away because I really enjoy it and their white tea selection is becoming increasingly small. Boo.

Step your shit up DT: I mean, half if not more of the white blends still listed on the site aren’t even straight up white blends – they’re white/greens.

Anyway, I cold brewed this for a total of 19 hours. I’ve been a little sloppy with my most recent cold brews since they’ve been left for a long period of time. In fact, the one currently in the fridge that I’ve yet to strain has been there for over 24 hours. Oops.

This was really good though; very strawberry in a more tangy and natural/realistic way. My observation with this tea thus far that depending on how and how long it’s steeped it really has two very distinct flavours which are this way which is like tangy and sweet actual strawberries and then the other which is more like strawberry gummy candy.

I really like it both ways.

Hello.Kiki

How long do you normally cold brew your white teas?

Roswell Strange

Usually under 10 hours; seven seems to be about average. I forgot I was cold brewing this one, though.

tigress_al

I didn’t know checkmate was discontinued :(
I agree with you about stepping up their game in the whites though!

Hello.Kiki

I tend to forget about my cold brews as well. oops. I need to start putting reminders on my fridge!

Comments

Hello.Kiki

How long do you normally cold brew your white teas?

Roswell Strange

tigress_al

I didn’t know checkmate was discontinued :(
I agree with you about stepping up their game in the whites though!

Hello;

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:
Lemongrass, ginger/“Chai” in general, raisins, overly vegetal, chamomile

Saskatoon, SK, Canada