Hot Tropic

Fruit Herbal Blend
Chocolate, Coconut, Pineapple, Hibiscus, Sweet, Apple, Tangy, Fruity, Cinnamon, Mango
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

From DAVIDsTEA

Calling all beach bunnies…you are going to flip out over this tea. It’s amost excellent blend of tropical fruit, coconut and spices. It’s sweet and mega creamy, just like a totally primo piña colada. And if you really want to get amped, try freezing it into ice cubes and putting them in your blender with agave and a little coconut milk. It’s, like, off the wall. Take it from the big kahuna: this is one wave you definitely want to ride. Toes on the nose, dudes!

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I had a little bit of this (2tsp) left over from making my fiance iced tea last night. Since I didn’t see any star anise in it, I decided I’d try this hot and see if I liked it over the chilled version.

Without the star anise, this is very juicy pineapple, and the pina colada smell holds true in the taste. I actually like it a lot. Probably not enough to order this for myself, but definitely enough to finish off the leftovers again.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I cold brewed this last week as well, and I should have made some notes. But I don’t remember tasting any chocolate.
I thought there was too much going on, and it didn’t taste like a pina-colada. Too much hibiscus as well.

I was really hoping that this would be a replacement for my beloved, discontinued, Kanpe. It’s not.
This is pina colada with a hint of spice. It’s really really sweet. I cold steeped this overnight and then some. Lots of pineapple, lots of coconut and just a hint of something in the back. Not quite sure on the spice, but it’s just a hint. This tastes like a Davids tea. There is something about their coconut that makes all those types taste the same.
If you like, pineapple and coconut you will like this.
It’s good for a hot summer’s night (would be better if I had some rum to put in it).
Thanks so much TheTeaFairy for sharing this with me.

yyz

I’m kind of sad about Kanape as well. I don’t drink a lot of fruit teas but I did enjoy that one.

Dexter

I know, I love it – I stocked up on it when I found out it was leaving, but I’m still hoarding it. It was just the perfect balance between fruity, tart, and spicy.
Oh well, I’ll keep drinking my one pitcher a week until it’s gone and then hopefully will have found something else.

yyz

Let me know if you find something!

TheTeaFairy

Lol, I did not share that one, I got rid of it, thanks for taking it away :-) The only reason I bought it is because I thought it would make a good iced tea for summer…I was wrong!!

Mandy

Ooh I have some coconut rum I picked up when I was in the Caribbean that I bet would be good in this, haha.

Dexter

yyz will do – I still have hopes of finding something at Cornelia, but they just have SO MANY TISANES, hard to try them all.
FairyLOL it’s not THAT bad, I would like some tart to offset the sweet. HHHHMMMMM maybe I should add a scoop of the H&S one you said was REALLY TART – will have to try that. :))
Mandy – Coconut Rum would be good in this, the alcohol would help cut the sweet. (or the buzz would just distract you)

This one just screams summer. I love it, it has been my new favourite from Davidstea. Yum!

Chocolate?! So weird.
I guess someone tasted that somehow??

I cold brewed this and when I drank it I got nothing but piña colada. I’m being truthful. Maybe some spices to give it a bit of richness and a little kick.

My all time favorite tea to cold brew is Davidstea’s Tropicalia, and I’m guessing they came out with this one for 2014 instead of bringing back Tropicalia, like they should have.

But since they didn’t, this one will have to do.

As far as a piña colada iced tea, this one is yummy.
I will buy some more to have for the rest of the summer!

Roswell Strange

According to DT’s ingredients list on their website, there’s no chocolate in this? I agree with you about Tropicalia, though.

whatshesaid

Oh thank god, I thought for sure I had lost it. It says chocolate at the top of the page, I guess someone else added that?? Weird!

Roswell Strange

Ah yeah, I just looked at the tea page. It’s one of the listed flavours which just means someone else tasted that when they prepared it. In theory the flavours could list Sunscreen if someone tasted that (it’s an option in the flavors list). But yeah, that would be a weird ingredient – and I’d feel silly too given I didn’t notice chocolate either when I had this one ;)

Sipdown (149/156)!

Thank you VariaTEA for the sample. I likely would have been too stubborn to go and get some for myself otherwise (it’s the raisins, man!). What’d I do without you?

I’m only somewhat regretting cold brewing it all while I was sick: it was a little hard to get any nuances it may have had while I was heavily medicated at work today. What I did pick up on what some serious creamy vanilla coconut notes and buttery, tropical feeling apple/mango notes. And is there seriously no pineapple in this!? How can you market it as a “Pina Colada” tea when there’s no pineapple? That seems really, really wrong to me.

But it was good. I may need to pick up a small sample again some time when I’m not sick so I can get a proper taste of it, because I feel like I missed out on things I should have picked up, like cinnamon or star anise.

Reserving my rating until I’ve tried it not sick. Pretty sure I still like Tropicalia a lot more though…

VariaTEA

I was worried about the raisins but thought they weren’t too present thus figured it was worth sending you a small sample to force you to try it out :P

Too many flavours for my liking. Dilute tartness. Reminds me a bit of hibiscus.

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 5 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML

This tea was super delicious. I went to the store and had it iced. The coconut and chocolate flavors were so yummy. Something was a little bitter which I did not care for, but I did not want to sweeten it since I had a bad experience with too much agave in the past (see Midsummer’s Night Dream). Next time I may add a sprinkle of Splenda but I am looking forward to drinking this again. Or another coconut chocolate tea, like Chocolate Macaroon! That tea is sooooo on my wishlist.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut

Damn you Sil for suggesting this when it came out. I’ve gone through 350g of this so far (so wish I was joking!) as both hot and iced, although right now it’s mostly just iced. Needs no sweetener, and it really is an amazing pina colada tea with a hint of spices, like spiced rum. I want to try and make this as a slushy, rum pina colada cocktail… but I drink it too fast to get that far.

Flavors: Coconut, Hibiscus, Pineapple, Sweet

Iced 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Lol that’s especially funny to me since I am not generally a fan of a davids lol

Maybe I should give this another chance…it smelled so delicious in the canister and I so wanted to like it, but all I tasted was tangy fruit with coconut notes, which left me really disappointed. I had this hot, which may have been the difference…or I may be growing an aversion to pineapple…

Flavors: Tangy