Honey & Spice

Honey
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy

From Della Terra Teas

Honey, spice and everything nice. That’s how we say it… and that’s how you’ll taste it! A delicious honey flavored tea with spice from cinnamon, cloves and aniseeds. A great morning tea for those that like something sweet as the sun comes up!

Suggested brewing tips:
Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving
Water Temp: 210°F
Steep Time: 2-5 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

This is more spice and less honey. Not anything special but not offensive either.

you put cinnamon as an ingredient and i become weary.
that’s just how it’s gonna go.
but man, as i read my kindle and let this cool the scent was so very inviting. not all rooibosy or anything. just super pleasant.
and the flavor was just as nice. this was a great great evening cup. i don’t even know about the cinnamon listed, because there was plenty of deliciousness and i didn’t even notice any over the top cinnamon.
thanks to Anna for this taste! glad i have cups more too!

more unrelated news
i ordered myself 2 new kindles! i know i know why the hell 2?
trust me, if you read as much fanfic as i do you’d probably be able to rationalize the crazy idea too.
i pre-ordered the new paperwhite and i ordered the small basic 6" kindle.
my old keyboard kindle is just about to die. the casing is cracked and it moves so slow no matter how many times i clean and reboot it. this is an omen, because it’s what happened to my sister’s right before her’s died dead. it was the saddest week of 2013 for her. i’m just protecting my sanity you see.

my next tea is #500!! what tea should i have? omg idek!?!

Cavocorax

LOL I love that you bought 2 kindles, although IDK what you’ll do with both!

Shmiracles

wait wait wait, you say you don’t know what i’ll do with both but, but you read fic too! you must have over 300 unread fics on your kindle like i do. surely you can see how a sherlock kindle and an avengers kindle and a kindle for political non-fiction and biographies would be necessary no? (hhahahaha i knowww i’m ridiculous i know let’s not dwell shall we)

i’m pretty sure i had no idea what i wanted this one to be when we picked it up. Mostly though? now that I’m trying it? i want it to be more honey and less spice. There is too much in form of cloves happening here for me to see this as anything different from a wannabe rooibos chai. which is not, apparently, what i wanted it to be. It’s not terrible, just there are better teas out there that are mostly the same thing.

oh yeah..sipdown! 293….

Terri HarpLady

Woo hoo! You’re below 300!

Kittenna

IIRC this was a sample from me, so that’s why you maybe wouldn’t have selected it yourself.

Kittenna yeah too many teas shared between us to keep straight. ESP since nearly every order has a bunch that you and I split lol

I wasn’t expecting much from this tea, especially since aniseed was listed as an ingredient, but I’m pleasantly surprised – this is less chai-like and more of a nice, honey-spiced beverage. The spices actually blend together quite well, with none really dominating over the others, which is unusual for most spiced teas. Perhaps the honey brings everything together. Either way, worth a shot if you like spiced teas but find chais to generally be a bit overly spice-heavy. I imagine it would take a bit of milk and sweetener well, although the flavour is not strong so it could possibly be drowned out.

I first steeped this for 3.5 minutes in boiling water. It smells just like hot apple cider – yum! It kind of tastes like it too, only not as sweet. At 3.5 minutes, the taste was heavy on the cinnamon and cloves but very one-note. So I put my rubber duck tea infuser back in to see if the taste would improve upon further brewing. I got distracted reading Steepster, so I accidentally steeped it for another 4 minutes, longer than I had intended. It is much, much better now. The tea tastes fuller, if that makes sense. The rooibos really came out more and balanced out the spice.

Overall, this tea is ok. It’s enjoyable, but not stunning. I agree with Sil and yappychappy that the spice is overwhelming. I will finish what I have, but doubt that I’ll be buying more. I admit having extremely high expectations coming in. My first (and very recent) experience with Della Terra was the Lemon Chiffon, which set a crazy high bar. So I may be judging the Honey & Spice too harshly because it doesn’t meet that bar. Rating adjusted slightly upwards accordingly – a company shouldn’t be punished for making really good tea!

I’m thinking this tea might actually be great to brew with some apple juice/cider… has anyone tried to do that?

ooh if you try it let us know how it turns out!

Kaylee

If anyone knows where I can get decent apple cider in NYC in the springtime, I’ll give it a shot!

I found this to be light on spice and not much honey flavour. Oh, and a lot of woodiness in the flavour. Meh.

Yum yum yum yum yum. Della Terra does it again. This was one of 3 rooibos teas I got from Della Terra for Christmas. It’s a perfect spice tea for the holidays.

Om nom nom. This is so delicious. Must buy more. This may be my favourite Rooibos ever!
Sweet & honeyie & spicy… delicious!

I really want to make more, but I am so tired.

Boiling 8 min or more

The honey didn’t really come through. Was good but was mainly cinnamon and clouded flavors that left me really wanting a cup of plain cinnamon rooibos which I keep on stock at all times.

I got to try a sample of this recently (Thanks, DianaK!), and it was fairly pleasant. I got a lot more spice than honey, though. I think it was the clove that overpowered the flavor. It smelled delicious! I just wish there had been more honey flavor. Maybe the number of spices was too much. Maybe something simpler would have been better. Anyhow, it was fun to try.