Caramel (Crème de Caramel)

Butter, Caramel, Salt, Burnt Sugar, Cream, Custard
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Thank you *ToiToi* for sending me this sample! It tastes like Salted Caramel. It's sweet and slightly salty, with a bright ceylon base that gives it a toffee-like edge. I've had a lot of caramel...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 507 tasting notes
  • “Thank you *Dinosara*! Another caramel tea, yay! (I love caramel. And toffee. And instead of going hiking today I might make candy and bake, because why not!) This one is not as intense smelling as...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1611 tasting notes
  • “I drank this one yesterday late afternoon, but never got around to making a note for it (bleh, jet lag). I ordered this one despite the fact that I just received 100g of Caramel-Toffee from...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2028 tasting notes
  • “I'm just now getting around to trying these Fauchon teas that I bought during the recent sale on Vente-Privee. I must say, Fauchon definitely wins for cutest tins while still being practical. The...” Read full tasting note
    CameronB 827 tasting notes

From Fauchon

Is it a tea to eat or a cake to drink? Who knows?
Caramel-flavored black tea.

Fauchon proudly offers you its creation combining black teas from China and Ceylon with the flavor of caramel. This creation will seduce all true tea lovers with a liquor that is round and full in the mouth.

Fauchon recommends that you steep this tea for 4 to 5 minutes.

About Fauchon View company

Thank you ToiToi for sending me this sample! It tastes like Salted Caramel. It’s sweet and slightly salty, with a bright ceylon base that gives it a toffee-like edge. I’ve had a lot of caramel today.

I’d initially forgot this sample at my parents’ when I went off for school but they mailed me a card with an encouraging message and some of the smaller tea bags that I’d left lying around the place. I say this all the time but parents are freaking awesome.

It’s been a while (10 days) since I made a tasting note here. I know this is a long time because Cavocorax changed her profile picture since I was last on. It’s a big deal.

Edit: This tea has a lot of caramel flavour! When I steep this for less time and drink it lukewarm it’s more syrupy and salty-sweet and less like a solid piece of toffee.

Mmmmm this sounds good.

CrowKettle

This one is pretty good, although I think I like syrupy caramel teas over hard toffee caramel teas, which this one is the latter.

mmmmmm caramel…. nom nom nom nom nom

TastyBrew

Any idea where to get this in the US? It sounds so good!

Thank you Dinosara! Another caramel tea, yay! (I love caramel. And toffee. And instead of going hiking today I might make candy and bake, because why not!)

This one is not as intense smelling as the Caramel Salted Butter Oolong, which is a tiny bit disappointing. Man, that one was SO GOOD and I’m seriously sad it wasn’t a black base.

At any rate, this is a really nice caramel tea. I added a little milk, and I do like how the flavours work together. But I still prefer the oolong and also Butiki’s Caramel Vanilla Assam.

Flavors: Butter, Caramel, Salt

Cameron B.

Yum, I need to try that oolong. :D

OMGsrsly

It was SO GOOD, but also so oolong. So not something I’d reach for a lot.

Cameron B.

I probably would if it were a delicious salted caramel oolong. <3

2028 tasting notes

I ordered this one despite the fact that I just received 100g of Caramel-Toffee from Dammann, and I also just bought 80g of Caramel Rose tea from Mariage, and I recently ordered Caramel au Beurre Salé from Dammann as well. All of the caramel teas!! I was worried this one might be too similar to the Caramel-Toffee because I have heard that Dammann blends Fauchon’s teas, but it’s not!

This one really reminds me of Creme Brulee from Bayswater. It is totally burnt-sugar creme brulee more than straight up caramel. Creamy and buttery and burnt sugary. Works for me. I just have to remember this one is my creme brulee-style tea, and Caramel-Toffee is my straight up caramel tea.

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Butter, Caramel, Cream

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

sounds wonderful… welcome back!

Dinosara

Thanks, it’s good to be back to all my teas! :D

OMGsrsly

That’s pretty awesome! All the caramel teas! Hope you had an amazing trip.

Kittenna

Oh yum. I can’t see how having that many caramel teas can possibly be a problem.

Dinosara

Definitely, all of the caramel teas are necessary. I realized that I also have a caramel apple tea (DF), sugar caramel oolong (GM), caramel-chocolate-fruit (DF), and caramel matchaccino (RLT). Woohoo!

OMGsrsly

That’s a pretty awesome selection. :)

I’m just now getting around to trying these Fauchon teas that I bought during the recent sale on Vente-Privee. I must say, Fauchon definitely wins for cutest tins while still being practical. The design is clean and attractive, plus they’re double-lidded and the inner lid fits very tightly (in fact, it can be a little difficult to open sometimes, but I’d much rather have that than a loose lid). This tea is a mixture of small, very dark black tea leaves and those little “caramel” cubes that a lot of blenders use. I must say, I do not really approve of them – I don’t think they actually add anything to the tea besides making it murky, and if you actually try one, they don’t taste very good. It does smell very luscious and caramel-y, with strong butter and cream notes.

The steeped tea actually smells much the same as the dry, and it has the same strong butter and caramel aromas. And the flavor is actually pretty good, too. The main flavor for me is more burnt sugar than caramel, and it reminds me of the crust on crème brûlée. There is also a bit of a buttery caramel sauce flavor, which makes sense given the name of the tea. It’s also a very creamy tea overall. I’ve been drinking all of my teas without sweetener, but I find that this one really needs it to bring out its full potential. After all, caramel is made of sugar. :)

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Butter, Caramel, Cream, Custard

I ordered this from Vente Prive. Glad I did since we have gotten news that they are closing. I liked this one a lot! I tried it one evening when we had company. This is company who doesn’t drink tea due to religious reasons, so I was surreptitiously enjoying it while we played a board game.

Oh it’s my move? (sip) oh wow that’s good. Your turn! (sip). Buttery, caramelly. Wow, this is better than I thought.

Inkling

Your tasting note made me laugh! I can just imagine you sipping your tea quietly while everyone else was focused on the game. :D

Marzipan

It actually makes me sad for them, I have this great stuff that I want to share with them!