Black Tea with Peach

Black Tea, Lemon
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Sivasubramanian

From Fortnum & Mason

Real fruit pieces and a carefully selected blend of predominantly China teas make this an appealing and naturally sweet beverage any time of the day. It also makes a lovely iced tea, when flavoured with a sprinkle of sugar.

Taste and Strength
Sweet and light

When to Drink
Ideal at any time of day

Mainly China

Brewing Information
Use boiling water and brew for 3-5 minutes depending on taste. Best drunk without milk.

Storage advice
Airtight container, preferably a tea caddy

About Fortnum & Mason View company

I cold brewed this for the first time with 2 tsp in my water bottle for a bit too long (prob over 12 hours). At the first sip, it really reminded me of Peach Snapple Iced Tea except without the crazy amount of sugar that they put in there. As I kept drinking, though, the peach flavor did come off a little medicinal-tasting, but not too strongly. Anyway, it was a nice fruity tea where I could still strongly taste the black tea base. Not bad!

This tea has an odd “dusty” flavor~ like powdered peach rather than peach juice or pieces of peach. It reminds me of that added flavor when eating dried fruit. For me, this extra flavor unbalances this tea. It is a decent tea overall, but I keep thinking I’m drinking dried fruit with black tea.

Sipdown (120)!

Thank you MissB for the sample! I think this is the first Fortnum & Mason teabag I’ve steeped up from the ones you sent me? I made it when I got home from shopping/the bank today.

This review is for the bagged version of the tea, obviously. The leaf in the bag is kind of interesting looking; there are a lot of little white flecks and bits mixed in with the very broken up leaf. It reminded, purely visually, of crushed oreo cookie bits with little flecks of the white filling. I wonder what they actually are; tiny dehydrated peach bits? Perhaps lemon bits/peel?

I’m surprised by this blend; it’s more flavourful and robust than I was expecting – the peach flavour is very full on rather than more subtle. My initial thought was that it reminded me a hint of peach pie filling/cobbler filling. No crust, obviously – just plump, sugary sweet peaches! There are other fruit flavours I’m noticing – the lemon, obviously. It, too, it very sweet with limited to no acidity. It’s almost ever borderline like the filling from a Lemon Meringue pie? But there’s one more fruit flavour I’m noticing – and my gut it telling me it’s generic melon. There’s nothing that indicates that there should be melon flavour, though. So I think I’m just crazy.

Other reviewers are describing this similar to fuzzy peaches; but I disagree a little bit. While it’s certainly not a totally natural peach flavour I thought that there was some degree of realism to it; which is why, what with all the sweetness, I thought of pie filling. There’s real fruit in that – but also a lot of sugar and syrup/glaze.

The base itself was pretty nice; I thought it was present but didn’t over take the fruit. Honestly, this is the best bagged peach tea I’ve ever had – and it’s better than some loose leaf ones I’ve tasted too. If I had to go with a single defining word to describe it I’d likely pick “Plump”. Thanks MissB, this was a winner in my books!

Maddy Barone

That sounds nummy!

2026 tasting notes

Thank you MissB and Sil!

There aren’t a lot of teas left I’m super keen on trying, although I’ll be packing up one serving of each for myself as I divide the remainder. So many greens! :P

Anyways, this is a decent peach tea. I think I prefer peach and ginger, but you know. Plain peach works as well. The base is not bad at all either, and it goes well with milk. It’s a sort of candy-sweet peach flavour. Sort of. Not quite like Fuzzy Peaches, but not quite like a fresh ripe peach or a peach pie, either.

Thanks for sharing! :)

(2 tea bags, 2 minutes, 16oz, 195F.)

Another tea courtesy of MissB and it is really nice, especially for a bagged tea. The peach flavor smells and tastes like fuzzy peaches, minus the sour/tart element. The base is maybe a little heavy for the summer-like peach flavor but it is still a pleasant beverage. Thank you for the share, MissB!!

Fortnum & Mason is another must-see when you go to London. The tea area is a bit of a zoo, and they do sell loose leaf but only in 100g quantities. Inexpensive tea though, and very Royal… pretty sure it’s the one with the Royal Seal, but I could be wrong.

I shall try my best. And if I do go, I will take pictures and hopefully grab some tea we will see how that goes though seeing as my bag gets weighed at each leg of the trip :P

Review is for the bagged version I received courtesy of MissB! Will merge into a new listing later if need be. Anyhow, wasn’t overly excited for this one (not compared to the caramel and toffee teas, anyhow!), but went straight to my boyfriend’s place after the tea festival, and all I had with me was the tea from Sil (no infusers), so it’s a perfect time for some bagged tea.

Aroma and flavour were both somewhat peachy (think fuzzy peaches without the tartness), which was better than some peach teas I’ve had, which was nice comsiderkng it was bagged. Black base was pretty unremarkable, but that’s better than overly astringent! Overall, not bad at all, but fruity-flavoured teas are not faves anymore, so I’m fairly indifferent. Thanks for the share, though, MissB! (Brewed 2 min at 100C).

1 tsp