Winterfylleth Brew

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea Leaves, Cinnamon Chips, Fuji Apple
Cinnamon
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

• “I wasn't sure about this one at first. It smells strongly of cinnamon and apples. Sort of like an apple crisp. Brewed, it tastes like dull cinnamon with some apples. Slightly sweet. There is a...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 762 tasting notes
  • “Having this tea again for breakfast. Apple cinnamon tea wasn't the greatest pairing with breakfast, but then my breakfast was kind of weird. I felt like grazing, so breakfast was crackers, havarti...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1032 tasting notes
  • “This has black tea in it? For some reason I thought this was an herbal blend, LOL. What I'm tasting is a bowl of apple cinnamon flavored instant oatmeal. Yup, that's pretty much it. It's a very...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2895 tasting notes
  • “Thanks *Lala* for the sample! All your recent reviews made me curious, so I made a cup of this up this morning. The idea of another kind of "oatmeal" like tea, but with Fuji Apples definitely...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1811 tasting notes

From Handmade Tea

Winterfylleth Brew starts with a black tea from Sri Lanka. This base black tea is quite fragrant and has a bold body. Cinnamon bark chips are blended in, adding a sweet pungent taste and aroma. Lastly, diced Fuji apple pieces are added for a sweet and refreshing flavor. This blend harmonizes very well due to the similarity of the sweet notes of each ingredient.

About Handmade Tea View company

I wasn’t sure about this one at first. It smells strongly of cinnamon and apples. Sort of like an apple crisp. Brewed, it tastes like dull cinnamon with some apples. Slightly sweet. There is a weird taste on my tongue with the aftertaste. I want to say astringent but it is more bitter (?). I was expecting a bit more punch with this one. I was hoping for strong, spicey cinnamon, and tart apples. I would have liked there to be more sweetness as well. I am going to play around with the brewing parameters a bit. And add some rock sugar, maybe honey or maple syrup, next time. I think the rock sugar will help to bring out more of the apple. There is less bitterness as the tea cools quite a bit.

A long steeping time may help with the cinnamon as well. We will see…

Having this tea again for breakfast. Apple cinnamon tea wasn’t the greatest pairing with breakfast, but then my breakfast was kind of weird. I felt like grazing, so breakfast was crackers, havarti cheese, cranberry stilton cheese, and scone with homemade blubarb jam, with a side of korean radish salad.

Still impressed how this tea is pretty good, the apple flavor is really well done! I heard from my husband that his family is having difficulty selecting christmas gifts for me. I suggested again my amazon list, as well as a list of Tea of the Month clubs, with Handmade tea now on that list. Fingers Crossed!

Tea Sipper

Blubarb jam! Sounds amazziing.

What I’m tasting is a bowl of apple cinnamon flavored instant oatmeal. Yup, that’s pretty much it. It’s a very gentle cup, with a little bit of a dry mouth, a slight pucker of tart apple, & it’s actually kind of nice.
Thanks Lala, & that, my friends, is another sipdown.

Shelley_Lorraine

apple cinnamon oatmeal! yes, that’s exactly what it tastes like.

Thanks Lala for the sample! All your recent reviews made me curious, so I made a cup of this up this morning. The idea of another kind of “oatmeal” like tea, but with Fuji Apples definitely piqued my interest.

This steeped up pretty light, but I guess that makes sense given a large part of the leaf was apple chunks. Taste wise, it’s pretty decent. Definitely a strong, juicy apple taste and just enough cinnamon that I kind of get the oatmeal comparison. This is very smooth though, with no bitterness or astringency. But I wish this was a bit more flavourful.

Two tasting notes for WINTER teas today!

Thanks so much again, Dexter3657! This is my perfect apple tea! Everything is on the lighter side here. Even though the black tea was steeped just after boiling for a few minutes, it is very subtle. The apple and cinnamon are definitely present, but also subtle. But it works very well anyway, in its lightness and subtlety. The apple is perfect – very sweet! I’m intrigued by this tea shop… I’m sorry I don’t have much more to say on this one.

Apples! that’s what I taste. Apple! I should have known. I read the ingredients of this tea before I asked moraiwe for it in a swap, but I had completely forgotten them by the time I brewed it this morning.

I smelled it and kept thinking it smells so familiar, what is that smell? It’s an extremely natural apple flavor. I hardly detect the cinnamon. I really should be able to recognize the smell of apple. . don’t know what was up with me then :)

Thanks for sharing this yummy tea with me moraiwe (^.^)

I really dislike the black base in this one. It’s finicky. At 100C too bitter to drink, at 90 it’s drinkable, but not enjoyable (at least not for me). 85C and 2.5 minute steep – I’ve lost all the apple which is the only good part of this.
I’ve drank it several times and never found steep parameters that makes this enjoyable. It’s too bad because I think the apple component is really good and I didn’t get any cinnamon – suppose to be, but I’m happy not to have it.
This is a HUGE miss for me.

Lala

I found this one pretty good as a cold brew. Like cold apple cider.

Caleb Brown

Super sorry to hear you didn’t dig this one, Dex! I agree the base tea was indeed a bit finicky. I’ll have to check my water temp. because I was certainly enjoying it at 100C. Lala nailed it though, the apple comes though nicely in Winterfylleth when cold brewed.