English Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Ysaurella

• “This is pretty mild for a breakfast blend, in my opinion. It's a decent blend but not a wake you up type of tea. It's a tea tea. Better than restaurant offerings but nothing to go out of my way...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 519 tasting notes
  • “...I am a traitor. Since last week I started drinking smoothies in the morning - my boyfriend seems to think it's a better "breakfast" than my morning tea. He is soo wrong. I can't eat anything...” Read full tasting note
    Rijje 93 tasting notes

From Kusmi Tea

Blend of black Ceylon BOP and Assam BOP teas. A strong tea to accompany an English breakfast .

Tasting advice: delicious plain, sweetened, or with a dash of milk, this strong tea is ideal for breakfast.

About Kusmi Tea View company

This is pretty mild for a breakfast blend, in my opinion. It’s a decent blend but not a wake you up type of tea. It’s a tea tea. Better than restaurant offerings but nothing to go out of my way for.

I had it this afternoon for lunch with some Graham Cracker Snickerdoodles. It was a fine accompaniment. Not quite as good as milk, but it worked. :)

I do love Kusmi’s tins! So pretty.

And here is the recipe if anyone wants it: http://www.autumn-people.com/?p=8815

Ysaurella

the tins are sadly often the best thing with Kusmi teas…as you mention this one is probably too mild but their blends in general are often too mild…

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Graham cracker snicker doodles! Oh my!! :-)

ashmanra

I might make these for tea time Wednesday! They look delicious.

…I am a traitor.
Since last week I started drinking smoothies in the morning – my boyfriend seems to think it’s a better “breakfast” than my morning tea. He is soo wrong. I can’t eat anything before afternoon, It’s a family trait. I get sick and tired by eating too early. Like my father used to say:“It’s still in the middle of the night” at 08:00.

So this week I just walked around like a zombie to my classes. It may very well be that my better half get’s energy by breakfast (his stomach is like a acidlake 24 hours a day) but my stomach don’t work before 12:00.

I miss my morning tea!!!

sipping this tea is too smoked for afternoon…

Cofftea

I drink chai and matcha- both have food like qualities, especially since I add milk to my chai. Yay for tea for breakfast!:)

malomorgen

awww you poor thing. if you find right teas i bet you can make your bf start drinking teas too ;)

AmazonV

Aww :( can’t he have a smoothie and you a tea :(

Rijje

Cofftea – I actually considered trying matcha out =)
I am lacking calcium, so he is trying to pump me full of milk – maybe he’ll let me drink a milk based chai, that would be great!

Malomorgen, I very proud that my BF drink jasmine tea. I think it’s hilarious that he choosed to like such a flowery tea LOL

And Amazon, he drinks the smoothies with me… The only one he refuse to drink is the kiwiesmoothie… Maybe it’s because it’s green. (he fears new things like pest) He is one of the few people in Greenland, who never tried whaleskin. And he comes from a smalltown too! (This, is two very unlikely thing for a inuit in greenland. It’s unheard of!)

AmazonV

Oh no, a picky eater, my sister is a picky eater, it is hard to find things for them to enjoy eating with you

Luckily my boyfriend will eat anything, well almost. He tries all my teas when I make them.

Rijje

Amazon, you are just too lucky =)
My BF sticks to his jasmine tea like glue.

Cofftea

Matcha is soup like! Yeah I’m low on calcium myself, that’s why I have such a big cuppa every day- that way I get a full serving of milk in (I don’t drink milk otherwise). How about doing a blended iced tea beverage using double strength cold tea and equal parts frozen fruits? Yogurt can be added if needed, I just don’t like yogurt based smoothies.

malomorgen

Rijje check these out, they look yummy http://www.domatcha.com/recipes/

Cofftea

Oh yes! I mix OJ w/ matcha often (don’t layer it though, I shake it) or I make dreamsicle matcha- 1/2 milk and 1/2 OJ. Or to make it more icy in texture, freeze the OJ and make ice cubes then blend it.:)

Rijje

Oh I love all the options! Now I really need to order some matcha ;)