Vanilla Bean

Natural Vanilla Flavor, Premium Black Teas, Vanilla Pieces
Vanilla
Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “I tried the Vanilla Bean with milk this morning, per Jillian's suggestion, and it was much better this way and more drinkable. It still has the strong vanilla smell and only a general black tea...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “This one is *finally* gone! I've had it for so long and it's gone! That's ok. I need to finish more teas. I've always enjoyed this one. When brewed correctly it has a nice creamy vanilla flavor to...” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 786 tasting notes
  • “Well, this' the last bag of this I have. I'll miss it. It's one of the staples I carried in my Travel Tea Bag. I don't plan to actively go out and pick this one up again, but if I come across...” Read full tasting note
    supermoon10 372 tasting notes
  • “The first time I had this tea was at a restaurant with Sunday brunch. This was my first tea from Mighty Leaf and I fell in love with it immediately! This tea has a strong, creamy, true vanilla...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Mighty Leaf Tea

Vanilla Bean black tea, a deep blend of black loose tea leaves with Madagascar vanilla, conjures up images of inhaling the heady aroma of wild vanilla as you hike the tropics near Mt. Maromakotro. A full-bodied and fruity cup, Vanilla Bean, a blend of Ceylon and China black teas, makes a deeply satisfying impression.

About Mighty Leaf Tea View company

Mighty Leaf Tea was born for the sole purpose of infusing life into an ancient indulgence by creating tea products that reach new heights of quality and innovation. Our passion is creating the most incredible handcrafted tea blends found anywhere, globally sourcing the finest ingredients available. Paralleling the highest standards of quality at Mighty Leaf Tea is ongoing creative innovation.

Yuck. The black tea used in this totally ruins it. It’s abrasive and somewhat bitter, and the vanilla is only present in the aftertaste. I didn’t even get the pretty vanilla smell that everyone else has commented on.

teaplz

Another one dislikes the Vanilla Bean! :( I feel like vanilla is SO hard to nail in tea. Sorry the black wasn’t even up to your liking, either!

Bethany

Haha, it’s crazy how similar the reviews are for this. SpecialTeas has a Madagascar vanilla blend that’s pretty good, but it’s too sweet for me. I wish I could find something that was like that, but more mellow.

teaplz

Auggy sent to me Colonille by SerendipiTEA that was really mellow and lovely. I have a review of it, as do Auggy and takgoti. It’s a gentle, subtle type of vanilla, not overly sweet, and mixed with an almost raw cocoa taste that comes from the Vietnamese black base. It’s super-good!

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

I think it’s pretty much unanimous among Steepsterites on this one.

A nice quality loose leaf tea, in a mesh bag. The vanilla flavor is gentle and adds a sweet note to the tea. I seriously oversteeped this tea, and it still has a mellow taste.

So I offered to cover someone’s shift at the yoga studio this morning but I also wanted to squeeze in a class before I started so that meant no time for tea. However there’s a Good Earth across the way so I just ran out to grab a Vanilla Bean tea misto. So yummy!

A little treat after my early morning class. Ahh. Now to sit here in peace.

This is a bit bitter, but I also think I overleafed it a bit so it might be that causing it. I can definitely taste the vanilla, though it’s not as strong as I like my vanilla to be in tea. I like to have a STRONG vanilla if I’m going to have something labeled vanilla tea. Exception being the Persimmon Tree’s vanilla black tea because although that flavour is pretty subtle, it’s also awesome. This one is not as awesome as that. It’s not terrible, if I ignore the bitterness, but it’s not what I want from a vanilla tea.

Thanks to KallieBoo! for this sample.

I might have rated this tea a bit higher, if it wasn’t so damn expensive! I was expecting more from a tea that was practically a dollar a bag and it did not deliver.

It’s essentially a basic, slightly bitter black tea. Some other people who’ve reviewed this tea referred to the vanilla flavour as delicate or an aftertaste but I think they’re just being generous! It’s completely non-existent! The tea smells a bit like vanilla, but I had to practically stick my nose in the hot water to notice it.

I tried it black and basic first, and then after reading a few reviews tossed in some milk and sugar to ‘bring out’ the vanilla. This did help! It made it drinkable and I’ll probably take the remaining tea bags to work and just treat it like a basic, black tea.

Not impressed.

Michelle Butler Hallett

A dollar a tea-bag with results like that? Nope, I wouldn’t be impressed, either.

Dorothy

Hey I noticed you steeped it for 4 min 30 sec. You really have to be careful with that bagged tea stuff. It is cut up so fine that it releases the tea quicker, and also becomes bitter faster.
Seriously, this one time I opened a tea bag that came in a cute wooden box. And that stuff looked like pepper, not tea leaves! sob

Beckara

I planned on steeping it longer, actually, because the comments all said it had a pretty weak flavour to begin with. I WAS better with milk and sugar, and is clearly a tea that needs to be dressed up—but for the price, I was underwhelmed.

Very mellow. Glides over the tongue very smoothly, the after taste is the same as eating a vanilla bean, which I have been known to do on occasion.

Yuck! I can’t believe it, a Mighty Leaf I don’t like. Had to dump this one!

Jillian

Have you tried it with milk? Everyone here seems to hate this tea but I enjoyed when I had it at the local coffee shop. Weird. 0_o

Bethany

I loaaaathe this one.

rabbysmom

No, I put a sugar cube in it but didn’t think of milk. Luckily this was a sample, so no loss :)

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

This is the Mighty Leaf Tea that I didn’t like either. Did I pick the worst one to try? I’ll try it with milk next time I have it and let ya’ll know.

Cofftea

and the name sounds so good!

I forgot to log the pot of this tea that I drank yesterday when I was at the coffee shop with some friends. It’s a really nice black tea especially wth a bit of milk- the milk seems to enhance the delicate vanilla flavour.

Had a cup of this at work today… did not taste any vanilla just very astringent black tea! Not sure how old the tea bag was but def not one I will try again. I finished the cup because I had nothing else to drink.

Had this, bagged, in my meeting yesterday, and it was the one thing that was making it livable. However, it wasn’t the best of teas – it was just decent. I drank with milk and sugar, and would probably not like much without because there was this background “blea” to the tea that I can’t put my finger on – possibly the black tea base? Icky vanilla beans? Not sure. However, it is a heck of a lot better than the bad coffee they’re offering, or the incessant soda cans.