Tropical Nut Paradise

Rooibos Tea
Artificial Flavouring, Coconut Chips, Hazelnut, Mango, Papaya, Pineapple Piece, Roasted Almonds, Rooibos, Walnuts
Almond, Cheesecake, Chocolate, Taro Root, Vanilla, Yogurt, Nutty, Pineapple, Caramel, Cinnamon, Tropical, Walnut, Apple, Fruity, Nuts, Oats, Rooibos
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

2 Images

• “I like this a lot more than I anticipated. The last tea I tried from my Teavana sale box was so terrible. I was actually scared to brew something else from them from the same order. Thank God I...” Read full tasting note
    kbat21 44 tasting notes
  • “My desk is starting to look like a teacup/mug garage sale. I seem to have a bad habit of forgetting to take my mug back downstairs with me and instead start hoarding them at my office desk....” Read full tasting note
    EveGrimm 74 tasting notes
  • “From the Herbal TTB. This rooibos blend has a strong aroma and tastes of cinnamon, nuts, and slight vanilla. I can detect the added artificiality, but it...” Read full tasting note
    KiwiDelight 299 tasting notes
  • “From the mixtures of the flavors, I cannot exactly pinpoint the flavors, making this tea a mystery if I didn’t know anything about it. The tea is light, and tasty, just nothing pops up...” Read full tasting note
    Isserly 57 tasting notes

From Teavana

A blissful blending of the tropics featuring walnut, hazelnut, and coconut with pineapple, mango, and papaya, forming the perfect rooibos island escape. Product contains nuts.

Sweet pineapple notes with creamy coconut and nutty body. A perfect balance with South African red rooibos that adds another layer of caramel and nutty flavor.

About Teavana View company

I like this a lot more than I anticipated. The last tea I tried from my Teavana sale box was so terrible. I was actually scared to brew something else from them from the same order. Thank God I like this tea. I’m always kind of on the fence about Rooibos teas. They can be so sweet and kind of flimsy to me. But this tea has real body, and I appreciate that. It is pleasantly nutty and it has a malty-sweet underpinning I cannot quite describe. It reminds me of something else I cannot place. I hope I bought 4 ounces of this, too, but I bet I didn’t. Obviously, I can’t always judge what I will like and what I will dislike. Teavana has been mostly misses for me these days.

Anyway, I’ll add this to my list of acceptable nighttime teas.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

My desk is starting to look like a teacup/mug garage sale. I seem to have a bad habit of forgetting to take my mug back downstairs with me and instead start hoarding them at my office desk. Awesome.

Anyway, I have to run a quick errand so I’m steeping a cup of tea to-go! On opening the bag, it looks less like tea and more like something that should be sprinkled over yogurt and granola. It smells like the dessert apple crumble but has a very nutty flavor. I see pineapple, mango, and papaya listed but honestly can’t taste any of those over the walnut and hazelnut. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect so I like the subtlety of the fruit and the overall nuttiness of this tea.

From the Herbal TTB.

This rooibos blend has a strong aroma and tastes of cinnamon, nuts, and slight vanilla. I can detect the added artificiality, but it doesn’t interfere that much.

Nice to drink once, but I wouldn’t have it again. It was OK.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

From the mixtures of the flavors, I cannot exactly pinpoint the flavors, making this tea a mystery if I didn’t know anything about it. The tea is light, and tasty, just nothing pops up stronger in terms of flavor than others. It is an easy on the tongue, easier on the nose tea and reminds me of a few books that are similarly easy to read and be intriguing. Those hard to catalog, hard to define, so everyone labels it a little bit of everything book.

With the same air of mystery surrounding this tea, I recommend the books
“Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs” & “I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak”

Decided for Valentines Day to go sweet for a moment, so I picked this brew. I used a generous amount in my tea press. I let steep for at least 6 minutes, for I wanted a strong dessert taste. My tea room filled with a sweet delicious aroma. I could hint almonds, frosting, vanilla, sweet fruit, syrup, chocolate. It was just delicious so I grabbed some cookies and poured. It tasted like nothing. It was a heady masala chai like liquor. It had a heavy body but absolutely no taste. After sipping I could faintly hint some cinnamon and papaya. Otherwise it was just a bland soup. I ended up pouring the rest out. I’ve never cared much for Teavana products, only because I am not a flavored tea drinker. I scooped this up at a very nice price, I think I know why now.

Flavors: Almond, Cheesecake, Chocolate, Taro Root, Vanilla, Yogurt

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
Anlina

Ugh, the awesome smell, total flavour let down is such a problem for me with Teavana fruit blends. Except that some of them are amazing, so I don’t want to write the company off either.

Haveteawilltravel

Yeah, it is a disappointment. Most of their teas I enjoy, especially their blends. I cold brew them in the summer. The only thing that shys me away from them is their price hah.

I liked this much more then I thought I would. I am not a huge fan of Teavana so I normally don’t get any of their teas. A friend of mine had a bunch of tea she wanted to get rid of so she gave me a full two ounces of this. So I am happy that I do like it or else it would’ve just sat in my cupboard until it went bad. I am getting much more of a nutty flavor from this than tropical. Which is fine for me since I prefer teas with a nutty flavor. Not too bad but I would never purchase it.

Flavors: Nutty, Pineapple

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This is one of those teas Teavana got rid of when they changed to no nuts. It’s pretty hard to have a Tropical Nut Paradise. This is one that still has nuts but I think it got somewhat old. There is very little taste even though I over leafed quite a bit. I taste the cinnamon but both the pineapple and nuts are weak. I remember having this before and it wasn’t this disappointing.

A nice evening tea; brewed for about 7 minutes. Has a nice nutty flavor, and nutty aroma (with some slight tropical fruity flavors – pineapple, mango, papaya, but mostly nuttiness and some caramel and cinnamon). Much nicer than I had thought, and something I’d have again, especially since it’s a rooibos (which means I can drink it even in the evenings).

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon, Nutty, Tropical, Walnut

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Sipdown (139/146)!

Had a nice sleep and then woke up with some tasty poptarts, so now I guess back to backlogged tasting notes! I have probably a few hours worth of writing left to go, but I’m happy to do it!

This was a cold brew and I have to say that overall it was definitely a step up from the hot cup. On the whole I was kinda reminded of cinnamon nut bread or cinnamon sugar cookies; obviously the cinnamon was really present, and the nut too (but in a lesser way than the spice). I could tell it was walnut from the almost maple-y sweetness it gave off. There was some generic fruitiness too; but nothing distinct or even close to “Tropical”. Yeah, I guess overall I’m not impressed with this blend so I’m totally happy to have it out of my cupboard.

Side Story, on the day I drank this/wrote my notes for this my package from the lovely Courtney arrived in the mail (I’ve since tried every tea she included) and Tre had the day off and he spontaneously went into house cleaning mode which he never does, and I’m still not sure what prompted it.

He asked me to buy those giant “up to your elbow” gloves from work though so he could clean the toilet, and we only sell highly “feminine” ones at the store (seriously; all various shades of pink with rhinestones sewn into them and stupid sayings and stuff) – but I picked up a pair anyway. My phrase options were “Perfect Wife” or “Domestic Goddess” which seems so stupid and almost sexist to me. I went with Domestic Goddess in pastel pink. Tre was not impressed. But you know what? I’m not impressed with our highly sexist options at the store. Why is it assumed that the cleaning stuff is going to be used by women? That’s actually pretty demeaning.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Nutty, Walnut

Sipdown! (123)

This is actually a perfectly nice evening tea, even if it is a bit artificial. The almond is nice and the cinnamon really makes it. I wish I could taste more of the papaya or whatever tropical fruit is in here, but oh well. I would have considered keeping this one around but it’s quite similar to Caramel Almond Amaretti (also from Teavana) and since I’m keeping that one I don’t need both. :P Thanks again to Hapatite for sending me this as a freebie bonus sample during her stash sale! Not bad, especially for Teavana…

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Blodeuyn

I actually enjoy this one. It is on clearance for $1.95. :)