Tropical Nut Paradise

Rooibos Tea
Artificial Flavouring, Coconut Chips, Hazelnut, Mango, Papaya, Pineapple Piece, Roasted Almonds, Rooibos, Walnuts
Caramel, Cinnamon, Nutty, Tropical, Walnut, Apple, Fruity, Nuts, Oats, Rooibos
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

2 Images

• “I like this a lot more than I anticipated. The last tea I tried from my Teavana sale box was so terrible. I was actually scared to brew something else from them from the same order. Thank God I...” Read full tasting note
    kbat21 33 tasting notes
  • “My desk is starting to look like a teacup/mug garage sale. I seem to have a bad habit of forgetting to take my mug back downstairs with me and instead start hoarding them at my office desk....” Read full tasting note
    AtomEve 74 tasting notes
  • “This is one of those teas Teavana got rid of when they changed to no nuts. It's pretty hard to have a Tropical Nut Paradise. This is one that still has nuts but I think it got somewhat old. There...” Read full tasting note
    carol who 339 tasting notes
  • “A nice evening tea; brewed for about 7 minutes. Has a nice nutty flavor, and nutty aroma (with some slight tropical fruity flavors - pineapple, mango, papaya, but mostly nuttiness and some caramel...” Read full tasting note
    michelleszetela 111 tasting notes

From Teavana

A blissful blending of the tropics featuring walnut, hazelnut, and coconut with pineapple, mango, and papaya, forming the perfect rooibos island escape. Product contains nuts.

Sweet pineapple notes with creamy coconut and nutty body. A perfect balance with South African red rooibos that adds another layer of caramel and nutty flavor.

About Teavana View company

I like this a lot more than I anticipated. The last tea I tried from my Teavana sale box was so terrible. I was actually scared to brew something else from them from the same order. Thank God I like this tea. I’m always kind of on the fence about Rooibos teas. They can be so sweet and kind of flimsy to me. But this tea has real body, and I appreciate that. It is pleasantly nutty and it has a malty-sweet underpinning I cannot quite describe. It reminds me of something else I cannot place. I hope I bought 4 ounces of this, too, but I bet I didn’t. Obviously, I can’t always judge what I will like and what I will dislike. Teavana has been mostly misses for me these days.

Anyway, I’ll add this to my list of acceptable nighttime teas.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

My desk is starting to look like a teacup/mug garage sale. I seem to have a bad habit of forgetting to take my mug back downstairs with me and instead start hoarding them at my office desk. Awesome.

Anyway, I have to run a quick errand so I’m steeping a cup of tea to-go! On opening the bag, it looks less like tea and more like something that should be sprinkled over yogurt and granola. It smells like the dessert apple crumble but has a very nutty flavor. I see pineapple, mango, and papaya listed but honestly can’t taste any of those over the walnut and hazelnut. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect so I like the subtlety of the fruit and the overall nuttiness of this tea.

This is one of those teas Teavana got rid of when they changed to no nuts. It’s pretty hard to have a Tropical Nut Paradise. This is one that still has nuts but I think it got somewhat old. There is very little taste even though I over leafed quite a bit. I taste the cinnamon but both the pineapple and nuts are weak. I remember having this before and it wasn’t this disappointing.

A nice evening tea; brewed for about 7 minutes. Has a nice nutty flavor, and nutty aroma (with some slight tropical fruity flavors – pineapple, mango, papaya, but mostly nuttiness and some caramel and cinnamon). Much nicer than I had thought, and something I’d have again, especially since it’s a rooibos (which means I can drink it even in the evenings).

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon, Nutty, Tropical, Walnut

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

2067 tasting notes

Sipdown (139/146)!

Had a nice sleep and then woke up with some tasty poptarts, so now I guess back to backlogged tasting notes! I have probably a few hours worth of writing left to go, but I’m happy to do it!

This was a cold brew and I have to say that overall it was definitely a step up from the hot cup. On the whole I was kinda reminded of cinnamon nut bread or cinnamon sugar cookies; obviously the cinnamon was really present, and the nut too (but in a lesser way than the spice). I could tell it was walnut from the almost maple-y sweetness it gave off. There was some generic fruitiness too; but nothing distinct or even close to “Tropical”. Yeah, I guess overall I’m not impressed with this blend so I’m totally happy to have it out of my cupboard.

Side Story, on the day I drank this/wrote my notes for this my package from the lovely Courtney arrived in the mail (I’ve since tried every tea she included) and Tre had the day off and he spontaneously went into house cleaning mode which he never does, and I’m still not sure what prompted it.

He asked me to buy those giant “up to your elbow” gloves from work though so he could clean the toilet, and we only sell highly “feminine” ones at the store (seriously; all various shades of pink with rhinestones sewn into them and stupid sayings and stuff) – but I picked up a pair anyway. My phrase options were “Perfect Wife” or “Domestic Goddess” which seems so stupid and almost sexist to me. I went with Domestic Goddess in pastel pink. Tre was not impressed. But you know what? I’m not impressed with our highly sexist options at the store. Why is it assumed that the cleaning stuff is going to be used by women? That’s actually pretty demeaning.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Nutty, Walnut

Sipdown! (123)

This is actually a perfectly nice evening tea, even if it is a bit artificial. The almond is nice and the cinnamon really makes it. I wish I could taste more of the papaya or whatever tropical fruit is in here, but oh well. I would have considered keeping this one around but it’s quite similar to Caramel Almond Amaretti (also from Teavana) and since I’m keeping that one I don’t need both. :P Thanks again to Hapatite for sending me this as a freebie bonus sample during her stash sale! Not bad, especially for Teavana…

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Blodeuyn

I actually enjoy this one. It is on clearance for $1.95. :)

My son was given a Teavana e-gift certificate for a birthday present, and as he still calls my favorite beverage “water with aftertaste,” he served as the factotum for a nice little order. (And no doubt, will milk his kindness for all kinds of debt repayment down the road. He loves his mom :)

Chose this one because it sounded tasty and it was 75% off. One does not pass up a discount like that, does one? Especially as proud as Teavana is of their tea.

Anyway, the box came today (some of us would call that a God-hug; He knew what kind of lousy day I was going to have!) and I had to tear into it. This is, in fact, pretty tasty! Lots of cinnamon, lots of pineapple, the nutty part just brushes the top of your palate. But for a Cheapster summery option, it’s a good ’un!

yyz

Glad you had something come in to brighten up your day! Have a better day tomorrow!

Spencer

Time to break out the Red Rose.

gmathis

Spencer, I am loving my little unassuming RR bags! Finally found them locally, both caf and decaf. The decaf is a great base for all the minty things I’ve been growing on the back porch.

Spencer

I had no idea that they had a decaf version! Sounds wonderful.
Where did you find them, locally?

gmathis

Wal-Mart, of all places; also at a Food 4 Less, which is a regional chain that probably doesn’t go far enough west for you. Last box even had a little china sailing ship in it!

Spencer

Food4Less is here, too! I will have to take a look.

gmathis

Interesting! We’re weird. One of our favorite things to do on vacation is go look at “foreign” grocery stores.

K S

Just look? That is weird ;)

gmathis

On our usual vacation budget, we’re lucky to have gas money to make it farther than Granby, much less shop! (Next bump in the road over.)

This tea is pretty heavy on the cinnamon. The aroma is primarily cinnamon, and a little nutty.

After steeping, the flavor was kind of weak, and I steeped for 6 and a half minutes. I added a little rock sugar, which brought the nutty flavor forward. I didn’t taste any fruit. There was an odd flavor to this one, and it tasted a little artificial.

hapatite

I agree, a bit artificial

I wanted to try a nut-heavy tea, but this turned out to be stronger on the fruit than the nuts. You can taste the smooth darkness of the hazelnut/coconut, but the pineapple and other tropical sweetness is much more powerful. If you like the sound of that, it’s worth a try but I won’t be buying again – the quest for an adequately warm and nutty tea continues! This is a good balance for what it is, though.

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

This tea has sweetness that linger after the nutty taste is gone. I drank it cold with no sweetener, which I preferred than cold with some sweetness. Not one of my favorites, but certainly better than some of the other nuttier teas.

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML