Chamomile Rose Silver Needle White Tea

Rose, Floral
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

2 Images

• “This has been a weekend of constant interaction, the extreme introvert that is me is having a bit of burn out and in response to that, probably getting sick. Of course sickness can be alleviated...” Read full tasting note
    SoggyEnderman 432 tasting notes
  • “I'm the first to write a tasting note on this tea. Thank you Teavivre for this sample! This tea is really pretty! The white tea is fuzzy, and there are whole flower buds in there too! The dry...” Read full tasting note
    Rellybob 262 tasting notes
  • “This is one of those teas that I have sitting around that I know I need to try and write a review for but I kept putting it off. I'm not a big fan of Chamomile and rose is so intense (good ) that...” Read full tasting note
    skysamurai 325 tasting notes
  • “From the Cooking TTB. This is very pretty. Silver needle leaves with whole rose buds and chamomile flowers. The fragrance of rose and chamomile are dominant in the dry leaf and once steeped. This...” Read full tasting note
    Anlina 468 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Fuding, Fujian Province, China

Ingredients: Chamomile, Rose and tea leaves

Harvest time: Mar 22, 2014.

Taste: brisk, tasty and refreshing, has rich floral fragrance and strong sweet aftertaste.

Health Benefits: Chamomile is of compositae family, originates in European. The chamomile of this Chamomile Rose Needle White Tea is planted in Sinkiang, China. According to traditional Chinese medicine, chamomile is described as: sweet aroma, slightly bitter, good for easing fatigue and reducing blood pressure. It can be infused with rose, which is also useful in traditional Chinese medicine. Rose is good for blood, and can also nourish the skin.

About Teavivre View company

This has been a weekend of constant interaction, the extreme introvert that is me is having a bit of burn out and in response to that, probably getting sick. Of course sickness can be alleviated somewhat with copious amounts of tea drinking, long soaks in a hot bath, and not coming out of my room for a few days. Yet another reason I need an electric kettle. Today we are going to look at a soothing tea, one filled with flowers and fuzzies.

Chamomile Rose Silver Needle White Tea by Teavivre is a beautiful tea blending Silver Needle from Fuding, Fujian, the chamomile is Winter picked in Sinkiang, China, and the roses are plucked in France during Autumn. When I saw this blend of tea and flowers I knew I had to try it, I was so glad they sent me a sample to try! The aroma is delightfully delicate and fresh, like flowers drying on a warm Summer day. I am not sure I have ever smelled a tea so evocative of the idea of Summer. The mix of heady rose and straw like aroma from the chamomile mixes very well with the dry, herbaceous aroma from the Silver Needle. Delicious and filled with the beauty of nature, that is a tea I will enjoy.

I love when I steep a tea and the aroma fills up the area I am in, it really heightens the tea experience and seems to make it last even longer than it would usually. The aroma is heavenly floral and herbaceous, the leaves take on notes of sage and thyme and are much stronger than the floral scents from the dry leaves. The liquid has very faint notes if sage mixing with the rose and chamomile aroma giving it a very clean feeling.

Time for the fuzzy trichomes to tickle my mouth, it is my favorite things about drinking Silver Needle tea. The taste is very clean and pure, it is a tea I would recommend drinking on a hot day or when you need a tea that refreshes you. I can certainly see myself putting this tea aside to drink when I feel feverish or too hot on the inside. The taste is also mildly sweet with a hint of the straw like taste of chamomile flowers, the Silver Needle carries on from the aroma and gives the tea a hint of a sage taste which blends well with the other flavors. But where is the rose you are probably asking, it is there at the end leaving a sweet floral aftertaste that will stay in your mouth for a few minutes. As the tea cools it becomes a little more sweet and a touch more floral. A very balanced and enjoyable drink filled with beautiful flowers.

For blog and photos: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2013/10/teavivre-chamomile-rose-silver-needle.html

darky

hmm sounds like i’m going to blend something like this myself got both chamomile and silver needles in cupboard. Sounds like a fun blend

Nicole

Sounds great!

I’m the first to write a tasting note on this tea. Thank you Teavivre for this sample!

This tea is really pretty! The white tea is fuzzy, and there are whole flower buds in there too! The dry leaf smells primarily of rose.
I used the whole packet. The tea brew smells very floral, especially of rose. The taste is floral, but more delicate than I was expecting. That is a good thing! I don’t find the flowery taste overpowering, but then again I like floral teas. In this first steep, I don’t taste the white tea much.
The next steepings are similar, with rose being the predominant flavor and aroma. I can taste the white tea in the background now, which is pleasant.
If you like rose, you will LOVE this tea.

This is one of those teas that I have sitting around that I know I need to try and write a review for but I kept putting it off. I’m not a big fan of Chamomile and rose is so intense (good ) that you really need to be in the right mind set for it. Actually, both of those flavors blend very well in this tea. Though rose is still the dominating flavor the chamomile leaves a gentle cooling after taste. Not something I would drink everyday but better then I expected. That being said I don’t taste much white tea. It’s there a little bit but not enough.

Flavors: Rose

ashmanra

This one makes me feel so relaxed. Mmmmmmmmm…..

From the Cooking TTB.

This is very pretty. Silver needle leaves with whole rose buds and chamomile flowers. The fragrance of rose and chamomile are dominant in the dry leaf and once steeped. This carries through to the flavour – the rose and chamomile are very well balanced, but quite overpower the white tea, which I only get the faintest hint of on the finish.

This is a very nice chamomile – light and floral and inoffensive (I generally like chamomile, but I think the last tea I had with chamomile in it had a note of cat pee which was unpleasant.)

By the third steep, the white tea is starting to show a little more. We got four good steeps out of this and could probably keep going.

This is a very nice rose and chamomile tea, and if you like these flavours a lot then you should try this. I’m enjoying it, but I don’t think I’d ever crave this combination enough to need more than a small sample. But I’m glad I had a chance to try it.

60s, 75s, 90s, 105s.

Flavors: Floral, Rose

185 °F / 85 °C 3 tsp 5 OZ / 150 ML

Thank you Angel for this sample.

The blend smells extremely sweet and thickly floral. The sheer fullness of it makes a herbal scent, so sweet that it becomes rather sickly.

Flavour matches the scent rather well, it’s sweet and herbal with thick general floral after taste. It lingers in the mouth and perfumes it sweetly. It is natural tasting but the sweetness and thickness reminds me of straw/hay with manure.

Further steeps bring out a crisp fruitness like sour apple. Considering it’s herbal it doesn’t leave any dryness in the mouth.

Honestly this blend is too sweet for me, I adore rose, don’t mind chamomile nor silver needle but together it’s just too much. I can’t enjoy it as much as I hoped I would. Not one on my order list.

Kirkoneill1988

i never seen that tea on her website before :O

KittyLovesTea

Here it is: http://www.teavivre.com/chamomile-rose-silver-needle-white-tea/
Perhaps it was taken down when it was out of stock.

Started my day at 4:00 AM. At 6:00, I found myself chugging Mtn Dew and zapping spammers. It kind of makes me happy.

I decided chamomile rose silver needle would be a good one to get me through the rest of the day. I often have silver needle in the morning as it seems to pack almost the caffeine buzz of the Mtn Dew, however it works much more evenly, with no face punch. Keep your assam, I’ll have silver needle. I figured between the theanine in the leaf and the chamomile, it would keep me relaxed and focused. The rose just smells pretty and looks beautiful in the mix.

Here is what I learned – the first cup I went light on the leaf. It was predominantly rose. It is quite lovely, and natural. I had to pay attention to pick up on the chamomile later in the sip. It is slightly sour and slightly sweet. I really wasn’t able to pick up on the white tea. There was an interesting spice flavor mixed in that reminded me of allspice. It was kind of cinnamon, kind of clove. This was not exactly background but not the driving flavor either. I had my wife taste it. She thought it tasted minty. Interesting how differently we perceived it yet both noticed something else was going on in the cup.

For cup two, I doubled the leaf. Now the predominant flavor is apple. It is almost apple sauce. I don’t make out the spice flavor from before but it must be contributing to bring out this sensation. I also taste honey. Interesting how the chamomile has taken the lead. This drifts into the rose later, but rather than dropping off, the chamomile travels along side the rose. It is a very interesting combination.

I can pick up the silver needle but only lightly. There is subtle notes of hay and cucumber. Had I not tried straight silver needle before, I might have missed these notes.

A very interesting and changing cup depending on the amount of leaf used.

TeaTiff

I just read on Teavivre’s site that they believe white tea as the 2nd largest amount of caffeine content in tea. 2nd to black tea. I had always been under the impression that it contained the least amount on the tea rainbow.

K S

It really depends on the tea terroirs but my understanding is for any terroir, silver needle should have the most caffeine as it is nothing but buds where the caffeine is concentrated. Cooler water and shorter steeps may affect the level in the cup. It is all kind of fuzzy to me. What I know is how silver needle affects me. It is a good slow buzz.

TeaBrat

I’ll take the assam :)

A sample from Angel at Teavivre. After trying the plain Silver Needle this morning, I decided to move on to the two flavoured blends she sent me. The silver needle in this packet appears to be of the same quality — pale creamy green buds, very downy. In addition, there are rose buds and whole chamomile flowers scattered throughout. The scent upon opening the little pouch reminded me of peaches — sweet, slightly floral, with a lovely juicy fruitiness. Amazing! It’s the scent of summer.

I gave just over 1 tsp of leaves 2.5 minutes in water cooled to approx. 175. The resulting liquor is pale green, with a hint of yellow.

The initial flavour is rose, in a kind of sweet, sugar-dusted, turkish delight kind of fashion. I think the sweetness comes from the chamomile — it’s almost honey-like, with notes of hay and sunlight. The two flavours sit well on the silver needle base, which is itself mildly floral, a little sweet, but mild and unobtrusive on the whole. There is a slight savoury, fresh cucumber note that I picked up on in the plain Silver Needle, but it’s mostly overwhelmed by the sweeter flavours.

I like the combination of chamomile and rose here. It’s sweet, delicate, not overpowering, and tastes wonderfully of turkish delight! What’s not to love? I also found it very calming during a stressful morning at work, so that’s another point majorly in its favour! Thanks again to Angel and Teavivre for allowing me to sample this delicious, sophisticated blend!

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

Thanks of much to Teavivre for sending samples of this tea! I wasn’t sure how I would feel about a tea with both chamomile and rose (neither of which I overly care for), but I thought it could be interesting – and I think that would be accurate! The aroma of the dry tea is almost peachy – kind of floral (rose), and sweet from the silver needles. The flavour ends up being kind of fruity-floral as well – a nice sweet base from the silver needles, with rose and chamomile both appearing distinctly in the foreground. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that although I could tell there was rose in this tea, it tasted nothing like perfume; likewise, the chamomile had a sort of appley fruitiness instead of the flavour I dislike (chlorine?). Overall, it wouldn’t rank anywhere near my favourite teas, but it was a pretty tasty cup considering the ingredients. I have a sample stashed away to give to my mom – I’m pretty sure she’ll appreciate it even more!

The dry tea smells first of chamomile touched by rose mixed with a fruity grassiness from the base tea. The tea includes rose buds chamomile flower heads and a medium long slightly wide bladed silver green toned tea bud.

I steeped 1.5tsp in a 170 ml gaiwan and got 5 good steeps after which the flavour began to fade and the tea thinned. As a caveat this tea does have a moderate dose of caffeine so is perhaps better suited to a time when you want a mellow alertness rather than later on in the evening.

1 min Chamomile scent with a faint hint of spicy rose and a fruity slightly sweet vegetal note from the base tea.

The tea is creamy and sweet with a mineral note.creamy sweet soft slightly fruity and nectar like note from base opens up to a cooling spicy note from the chamomile and a faint hint of rose as the flavour dissolves on the tongue.

90s tea has a slightly deeper tone under the chamomile. Cream, sweet soft fruit and nectar, sweet vegetal note, almost a hint of peaches and cream corn with rose appearing briefly before the chamomile.

2 min. Similar scent. Chamomile more dominant, with base tea sweetening the mix and adding cream notes underneath. Rose presents a certain spiciness at the end.

2.5min. A balance between the flavours. The base tea has developed a little more depth with vegetal notes, but it is still very fruity and creamy. There is a faint hint of citrus notes.

3 similar to above with a slight bitterness.

4 not as sweet or creamy but still flavourful.

5 min continuing to fade.

I enjoyed this tea and liked how the sweet and creamy white tea enhanced the chamomile with the rose being a minor player. Thanks to TeaVivre for the chance to sample this blend!

mj

Sounds lovely :-)

boychik

Love the pic;)

ashmanra

Everyone I have shared this tea with has purchased some for themselves!

Thank you Angel for this sample! When I first open the package for this tea I was reminded of the sparkling apple cider my family drinks every New Years. The rose and chamomile buds are very beautiful and the tea itself has downy, full buds. I was expecting this to taste more of the white base, but it is more given to the other flavors. I was able to pull about seven equally good steepings from my first try with this tea. I really love the flavors and they all balanced together very well. Since school started this has become my go-to relaxing tea and I am excited to try mixing it with a few of the others in my cupboard. I think this might be one of my very favorites from Teavivre!