Chamomile Rose Silver Needle White Tea

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

2 Images

• “This has been a weekend of constant interaction, the extreme introvert that is me is having a bit of burn out and in response to that, probably getting sick. Of course sickness can be alleviated...” Read full tasting note
    SoggyEnderman 335 tasting notes
  • “I'm the first to write a tasting note on this tea. Thank you Teavivre for this sample! This tea is really pretty! The white tea is fuzzy, and there are whole flower buds in there too! The dry...” Read full tasting note
    Rellybob 254 tasting notes
  • “Another generous sample from Angel that i'm enjoying today in an effort to get more teas closer to sipdown category :) I wasn't sure whether i'd like this one or not, given my dislike of "rose" as...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4875 tasting notes
  • “This is my second note on this tea. The first time I had it, chamomile was the first aroma that rushed from the sample pouch, then Rose, and then chamomile with creamy white tea was the dominant...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1816 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Fuding, Fujian Province, China

Ingredients: Chamomile, Rose and tea leaves

Harvest time: Mar 22, 2014.

Taste: brisk, tasty and refreshing, has rich floral fragrance and strong sweet aftertaste.

Health Benefits: Chamomile is of compositae family, originates in European. The chamomile of this Chamomile Rose Needle White Tea is planted in Sinkiang, China. According to traditional Chinese medicine, chamomile is described as: sweet aroma, slightly bitter, good for easing fatigue and reducing blood pressure. It can be infused with rose, which is also useful in traditional Chinese medicine. Rose is good for blood, and can also nourish the skin.

About Teavivre View company

This has been a weekend of constant interaction, the extreme introvert that is me is having a bit of burn out and in response to that, probably getting sick. Of course sickness can be alleviated somewhat with copious amounts of tea drinking, long soaks in a hot bath, and not coming out of my room for a few days. Yet another reason I need an electric kettle. Today we are going to look at a soothing tea, one filled with flowers and fuzzies.

Chamomile Rose Silver Needle White Tea by Teavivre is a beautiful tea blending Silver Needle from Fuding, Fujian, the chamomile is Winter picked in Sinkiang, China, and the roses are plucked in France during Autumn. When I saw this blend of tea and flowers I knew I had to try it, I was so glad they sent me a sample to try! The aroma is delightfully delicate and fresh, like flowers drying on a warm Summer day. I am not sure I have ever smelled a tea so evocative of the idea of Summer. The mix of heady rose and straw like aroma from the chamomile mixes very well with the dry, herbaceous aroma from the Silver Needle. Delicious and filled with the beauty of nature, that is a tea I will enjoy.

I love when I steep a tea and the aroma fills up the area I am in, it really heightens the tea experience and seems to make it last even longer than it would usually. The aroma is heavenly floral and herbaceous, the leaves take on notes of sage and thyme and are much stronger than the floral scents from the dry leaves. The liquid has very faint notes if sage mixing with the rose and chamomile aroma giving it a very clean feeling.

Time for the fuzzy trichomes to tickle my mouth, it is my favorite things about drinking Silver Needle tea. The taste is very clean and pure, it is a tea I would recommend drinking on a hot day or when you need a tea that refreshes you. I can certainly see myself putting this tea aside to drink when I feel feverish or too hot on the inside. The taste is also mildly sweet with a hint of the straw like taste of chamomile flowers, the Silver Needle carries on from the aroma and gives the tea a hint of a sage taste which blends well with the other flavors. But where is the rose you are probably asking, it is there at the end leaving a sweet floral aftertaste that will stay in your mouth for a few minutes. As the tea cools it becomes a little more sweet and a touch more floral. A very balanced and enjoyable drink filled with beautiful flowers.

For blog and photos: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2013/10/teavivre-chamomile-rose-silver-needle.html

darky

hmm sounds like i’m going to blend something like this myself got both chamomile and silver needles in cupboard. Sounds like a fun blend

Nicole

Sounds great!

I’m the first to write a tasting note on this tea. Thank you Teavivre for this sample!

This tea is really pretty! The white tea is fuzzy, and there are whole flower buds in there too! The dry leaf smells primarily of rose.
I used the whole packet. The tea brew smells very floral, especially of rose. The taste is floral, but more delicate than I was expecting. That is a good thing! I don’t find the flowery taste overpowering, but then again I like floral teas. In this first steep, I don’t taste the white tea much.
The next steepings are similar, with rose being the predominant flavor and aroma. I can taste the white tea in the background now, which is pleasant.
If you like rose, you will LOVE this tea.

Another generous sample from Angel that i’m enjoying today in an effort to get more teas closer to sipdown category :) I wasn’t sure whether i’d like this one or not, given my dislike of “rose” as a general flavour in teas. Turns out that this one is pretty tasty. The chamomile balances out the rose sufficiently for me (though maybe that’s because i picked all the really big flower chunks out of my cup before brewing…) Not sure if i’d restock this one, but i am enjoying this quite a bit. It’s a lovely evening tea for relaxing…

This is my second note on this tea. The first time I had it, chamomile was the first aroma that rushed from the sample pouch, then Rose, and then chamomile with creamy white tea was the dominant flavor to me, the Rose coming in as a sweet taste.

Tonight I opened my new pouch of this and set up a gong fu session for my youngest daughter and her friend who is spending the night. They are having lots of food adventures and made us a wonderful French onion soup for supper. Since it is quite late, I thought this would be a great night time tea with the chamomile.

This is such a beautiful tea. It really should be displayed briefly before steeping whether you are having people over or drinking it by yourself, because the beauty of the flowers is a part of the experience with this one. This time it was more rose-y to me. Both of the young ladies loved it, and said that the Rose flavor lingered for a long time. They stayed for three steeps before getting ready for bed, and I continued steeping for two more steeps.

This is a truly lovely tea, and I already knew I would enjoy it in the evenings for a quiet, contemplative cup.

Terri HarpLady

This sounds lovely :)

I am actually disappointed by this tea, mostly because I had such a great floral white from Teavivre yesterday (Jasmine Silver Needle White.)

This one is just a lot lot lot more rose than I was expecting it to be. I couldn’t taste the white at all. While I could see the chamomile, I didn’t taste it as much as I had hoped, either, but at least I could taste that. This wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t what I expected.

185 °F / 85 °C 2 min, 0 sec 5 g 15 OZ / 443 ML