English Breakfast

Caramel, Malt, Grain, Roasted Barley, Vegetal, Pepper, Smoke, Smooth, Sweet, Thick, Toast, Tobacco, Nutty, Almond, Nuts, Creamy
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1689 tasting notes
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what’s outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly….as a white foreigner in said hotel, when...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 7581 tasting notes
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week…but there’s a Keurig in it. The problem is … I don’t think I’m very impressed with it. Have had two cups of...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1919 tasting notes
  • “I may have been off of Steepster for a while, but I haven’t left my teas behind! I actually had to go out and buy a second tin of this and it is almost halfway gone now because of my not so...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 550 tasting notes

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion—not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened—the choice is yours.

English Breakfast is our most popular tea. To create this well-balanced blend, we carefully select the finest teas from five different regions, each with its own unique characteristics. Tea from Kenya and Malawi provides the briskness and coppery-red colour while Assam gives full-body and flavour. The robustness from these regions is complemented by the softer and more subtle teas from China and Indonesia. The combination of these varieties yields a complex, full-bodied, lively cup of tea that is perfect any time of day.

About Twinings View company

I loved the richness and the flavor of the tea.

This is the tea I grew up on and keep on hand for guests. It is one I find that most people like, it comes bagged so it is convenient, and I can pick it up on sale for $2/box. The price itself insured this is what I drank all though college. It is also the first tea I introduced to my husband when we got married so I could stop buying the cheap Lipton tea that I hate drinking.

This tea feels like making a cup of coffee to me. Very traditional feel and taste to it. If you do not like grainy tea you should pass on this one. Nice tea tin and presentation. It would make a nice gift.

What is good English Breakfast? Someone please tell me.

this is one of my favorite classics, the perfect tea to have on a lazy morning. Plus it has an amazing odor to go with the taste!

170 °F / 76 °C

For non-loose leaf tea that you can buy just about anywhere, this is definitely my go-to English Breakfast. I always add milk and sugar.

A staple of my tea cupboard, always. I’ve always been a fan of Twinings teas, and this one is no exception – made strong enough to knock over large livestock, it’s seen me through many an early morning.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

I bought this tea because I needed to add some “black” teas to my collection. I am also reading Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One and this is Anastasia’s favorite tea. So I figured I needed to try it! I let the tea bag seep for about 3 minutes and I didn’t put any milk or sweetener. The tea tasted OK, but not going to say I’m the biggest fan. I will definitely try it again in hopes of getting a little better result, maybe I won’t let it seep for so long.

Love it.

Perhaps nothing special, but certainly something that is dearly loved. I adore this blend and that it is so versatile in how it can be prepared while remaining pleasurable. Nothing brings a smile to my face more than when I’m traveling and I see Twining’s English Breakfast Blend available, and personally, I order it in bulk.