English Breakfast

Nutty, Smooth, Thick, Sweet, Almond, Malt, Nuts, Caramel, Creamy
Edit tea info Last updated by Hippietea

• “I feel like calling winter into my office at 3:45 on a Friday and telling it to find another job. Church was cancelled today because of black ice. I had a suspicion last night when it started...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1557 tasting notes
  • “What I heave learned about china/beijing today: Take advantage of uber nice hotels since what’s outside the hotel is pretty gross. And secondly….as a white foreigner in...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6407 tasting notes
  • “Working out of a temporary/makeshift office this week…but there’s a Keurig in it. The problem is … I don’t think I’m very impressed with it. Have had two cups of...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1848 tasting notes
  • “I may have been off of Steepster for a while, but I haven’t left my teas behind! I actually had to go out and buy a second tin of this and it is almost halfway gone now because of my not so...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 550 tasting notes

From Twinings

A rich & satisfying robust black tea. The robust, malty character of this tea comes from pure Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea was originally blended to complement the traditional, hearty English Breakfast, from which its name derives. The refreshing and invigorating flavor makes English Breakfast one of the of the most popular black teas to drink at any time or occasion – not just for breakfast. English Breakfast can be enjoyed with or without milk, sweetened or unsweetened – the choice is yours.

About Twinings View company

A staple of my tea cupboard, always. I’ve always been a fan of Twinings teas, and this one is no exception – made strong enough to knock over large livestock, it’s seen me through many an early morning.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

I bought this tea because I needed to add some “black” teas to my collection. I am also reading Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One and this is Anastasia’s favorite tea. So I figured I needed to try it! I let the tea bag seep for about 3 minutes and I didn’t put any milk or sweetener. The tea tasted OK, but not going to say I’m the biggest fan. I will definitely try it again in hopes of getting a little better result, maybe I won’t let it seep for so long.

Love it.

Perhaps nothing special, but certainly something that is dearly loved. I adore this blend and that it is so versatile in how it can be prepared while remaining pleasurable. Nothing brings a smile to my face more than when I’m traveling and I see Twining’s English Breakfast Blend available, and personally, I order it in bulk.

Slightly less flavourful than the Twinings Irish Breakfast, but much smoother, and just overall enjoyable. Not at all bitter and a nice after-taste.

This is my go to tea and a favorite. Really can’t go wrong if you love black teas.

Twinings’s English Breakfast has been my favourite morning tea for ages. I always drink it with milk only and I think it’s on its best like that. I used to drink it without milk but with sugar instead back in the old days but it wasn’t nearly as good like that. English Breakfast by Twinings is classical, safe and cozy and it always makes me feel better – whether I’ve got to wake up really early or had a bad day.

To be honest, this is probably one of my least favourite teas, and about the only Twinings black tea that I don’t like. Whether it’s teabags or loose tea, whenever I’m given some of this I usually try to palm it off on someone else.

Not sure why, really, I just find it has an unappealing aftertaste. I always drink my tea black with no sugar, so perhaps this one is just better with milk and sugar (in which case, it’s not really the tea for me). I’m always mystified by how popular this tea is!

a good classic breakfast black tea.

My first tea, as well as my favourite.