So I was very excited to get home today after work to find my Della Terra order waiting for me on the counter. (Incidentally, I was surprised they didn’t include any samples! Not sure what the criteria is but every other tea company I’ve ordered from has included samples!)

This tea was one of the five I ordered, including Love in a Cup, Lemon Lime Tart, Shamrocks & Shenanigans and S’Mores (in case you were wondering!)

I had a face palm moment when I noticed that the directions on the tea pouches called for 1-1.5 tsp of tea per 6oz, and realized my mug was 12oz, the directions for Davidstea are probably the same and so I’ve been skimping on tea this entire time! Ugh!

Anyway. I added the proper amount of tea to this mug (about 1.5 or more Davidstea perfect spoonfuls) and then I got distracted and accidentally steeped it for like 10 minutes instead of 4ish.

Needless to say this was a super strong, intense and flavorful tea! It surprisingly didn’t get too bitter so I still drank it no problem. It was sweet but not too sweet, full bodied, rich, dark – (All the qualities you’d want in a man?? Haha, sorry. Just found that funny as I was re-reading it) – really tasty and definitely vanilla-licious! Almost a “classy” vanilla. Sort of like the Michelle Williams of tea. Maybe Michelle Williams as Marilyn Monroe in ‘My Week With Marilyn’.

In summary, I really enjoyed it. For some reason I thought of blending it with H&S Paris sometime because they both seem classy to me. I mean, relatively high quality, natural vs artificial tasting, not cloying but more of a jazz loving 32 year old. “Classy” isn’t proper tea lingo.

I really like similes tonight, my apologies. I will resteep tomorrow and report back with an accurate rating.

edit to add – drank my second steep of this this morning, which was more like my first steep should have been (since the first one was STRONG!). It’s a really good tea. I could see this being my go-to breakfast tea. It’s rich and full bodied and all the things I said earlier. And the perfect vanilla tea.

I have coffee addicted friends and family who have said “I wish I could love tea as much as you do so I could give up coffee! But tea is just too weak and tasteless.”

I get what they mean, because coffee is pretty substantial, but a lot of tea is pretty watery (particularly if you don’t use enough leaves when making it duh), this is a tea I would recommend to my coffee loving friends. A gateway tea :) YUM!

Alphakitty

DT doesn’t often include samples, I think because they almost always have sales running! I did get one once from them, and then recently they had a 30% off + 2 free samples promotion.

whatshesaid

Oh yeah that’s a great point, their sales are awesome. Plus they sell a 1oz bag and that is great too!

TheKesser

I’m pretty sure that Davidstea directions are for an 8oz glass…

Kittenna

I think you’re right, TheKesser.

Kittenna

That said, thanks for pointing that out about Della Terra’s teas, whatshesaid! That would explain why I feel the need to use about 2 tsp/8 oz. in order to get enough flavour.

whatshesaid

Yup, Davidstea indicates “1-1.5 tsp per 1 cup” but my “cup” is 12 oz so I’ve still been ripping myself off of my trip to flavor country.

So these are definitely good things to be aware of and I am impressed with myself for noticing because normally I don’t do directions :)

Ellyn

The amount of tea/amount of water conundrum always gets me since I have cups/mugs of varying sizes…

Jackie T

I am so loving your creative writing reviews!!! the Michelle Williams of tea…so wonderful!

Thanks :)

Comments

Alphakitty

TheKesser

I’m pretty sure that Davidstea directions are for an 8oz glass…

Kittenna

I think you’re right, TheKesser.

Ellyn

Jackie T

Thanks :)

Hello!

Here’s what I love (or I did before, and am trying to again):

Harney and Sons Paris is my all time favorite tea.

Mariage Freres and Kusmi are also on my awesome list.

I love creamy earl greys.

Also have an appreciation of oolong.

I love swapping!

When I rate, it goes like this:

85 -100 = WIN! awesome, I love this and keep it on hand
70 – 85 = pretty darn good but I don’t NEED to own it
55 – 70 = not necessarily terrible but not a tea for me!

New Brunswick, Canada