drank Earl Grey by Rishi Tea

Thank you, Short Sorceress, for giving me the opportunity to try this tea! It wasn’t quite to my tastes, but I had a wonderful time with research, reviews, and figuring out how to format the first face/off for my Battle of the Earl Greys blog project.

I’m not going to rate this one right now. I followed all the directions on the sachet’s package, but it was bitter and tasted somehow burnt. If I had more I would experiment with it a bit to dial in a better cup, but I’m not going to pay for a package to find out. It was just not inspiring enough for me to justify the expense.

You can read the full review here:

And you can see how it measured up in the first Battle of the Earl Greys face/off by following the link below. I would appreciate any suggestions or comments you may have. Thank you!

Feel free to browse my cupboard if you’re interested in swapping, but all the mate and pu-erh in our household is my husband’s.

For swapping purposes, please note the apple allergy. Thank you!

I tried to limit my cupboard to teas that were 1oz or larger, but that was a gorgeous failure in terms of swap communication. It’s all going back up.

Okay, I just feel wrong trying to grade things without a rubric – it’s too inconsistent! So, here is the grading breakdown:

0-50: Dump it!
50-60: I might finish the cup
60-70: Possibly finish the pot
70-80: I may keep this on hand
80-90: Cupboard space guaranteed
90-100: Poetry may be involved!

Dallas, TX