drank Amaretto by DAVIDsTEA

This was one of the last teas from the swap with Aimee Popovacki that I had yet to try. Once Jake gets home and I steep the cup I’ve prepared for him, this will be a sipdown as well.

And I’m kind of sad about that, as this smells amazing! I am a bit of an almond nut, and adore using almond extract in things like almond poppyseed cookies and scones and the like. Since I split the sample in half, I didn’t strictly follow the steeping guidelines and just kind of winged it. As such, while the aroma is heavenly the flavor is a little lighter than I would like, and it doesn’t have much staying power after the first wave of almond… it just kinds of dissipates on the tongue.

Should I get this one in the future, I think I’ll use a little more of the dry blend. But for now, that’s one less thing in my cupboard!

Comments

Feel free to browse my cupboard if you’re interested in swapping, but all the mate and pu-erh in our household is my husband’s.

For swapping purposes, please note the apple allergy. Thank you!

I tried to limit my cupboard to teas that were 1oz or larger, but that was a gorgeous failure in terms of swap communication. It’s all going back up.

Okay, I just feel wrong trying to grade things without a rubric – it’s too inconsistent! So, here is the grading breakdown:

0-50: Dump it!
50-60: I might finish the cup
60-70: Possibly finish the pot
70-80: I may keep this on hand
80-90: Cupboard space guaranteed
90-100: Poetry may be involved!

Dallas, TX