drank Troika by Kusmi Tea

I had a sample tin of this two years ago, in that Russian Blends sample sets, and back then I rather liked this one. But I finished the sample and didn’t pay any further attention to it.

Untill recently when it suddenly got inside my head that I wanted it again. I mean I wanted it! So after going around for a while with that want in the back of my head, just to see if it would stick around or go away or what, I finally decided that it was staying and not just a passing thought.

So I bought me a tin.

Drinking this now is like meeting up with a friend I haven’t seen in a long time. Everything I said in those posts of a few years ago still stands.

Daniel Scott

A tea vendor relatively close to me carries Kusmi teas. I was curious to know what they were; the site doesn’t explain it all that well. Is this a brand of loose leaf?

yes absolutely look at their us website : http://us.kusmitea.com/our-teas.html
when you click on a product, you can choice if you want it bagged or loose leaf (in a tin apparently for US). In France we can buy loose leaf by weight as well

and here is their story :http://us.kusmitea.com/140-years-history.html
(not easy to find out on their website, complicated website architecture)

Ellyn

I love Kusmi but I agree the website is not that easy to navigate.

Angrboda

Daniel, Kusmi does both loose and bags, but you’ve probably seen that already if you clicked the links from Ysaurella. When it’s bagged, it’s loose leaf sewn into a little muslin bag, so the difference isn’t very big.

Ysaurella, I can only get the tins and bags as well here in Denmark. Husband and I were in Paris on a long weekend a couple of years ago though, and we stopped into a Kusmi shop. That’s where I first had the Smoky Earl Grey and the Caramel which I love. :)

Ellyn, I agree. I’ve only tried to order from it once and I had a hard time finding my way around it. It’s not fair of me, but I must admit that when the Danish post service managed to actually loose my parcel without a trace after having firsted attempted to deliver it in the wrong city, I rather lost interest in trying to order from the site again. (Besides in the meantime I found a place which had a large selection of their tins, and I worked out the price would come to more or less the same)

Comments

Daniel Scott

yes absolutely look at their us website : http://us.kusmitea.com/our-teas.html

and here is their story :http://us.kusmitea.com/140-years-history.html
(not easy to find out on their website, complicated website architecture)

Ellyn

I love Kusmi but I agree the website is not that easy to navigate.

Angrboda