drank Tetley Tea Bag by Tetley

Hello Steepsterites!

We were in the UK this weekend to attend a family wedding. To make a lot of things a lot easier we had booked local accomodations for the night. It was… Well, it was a bed, anyway. In the room there was also the luxury of the possibility of making a cup of tea or coffee, according to ones preferences.

This was the tea available.

Well. I shan’t go into too much detail because I remember only these few things about it. Either this was all there was to remember or I’ve simply surpressed the rest of it. To put it down in a few keywords, this is what it was like,

It smelled strongly like wet cardboard and tasted faintly like ashes.

And when I say ashes, I don’t mean that it was in way smoky or at one point had been smoky. It was just bad.

But it was all there was, and I was in need.

Drinkable. Just.

alaudacorax

I often find myself wondering whether advertisements really work. Years ago, I used to love the telly adverts with the Tetley Tea Folk – little cartoon men. I particularly remember the ‘Tetley Tea Folk, Folk Dancers’ one – with the chap having little bells on the tips of his habitual carpet slippers. I used to look out for them. Yet it never once occurred to me to actually buy the stuff, so I never tasted it!

alaudacorax

Actually, I suppose it’s quite odd that we Brits are a nation of tea drinkers, yet it’s quite difficult to get a decent cuppa outside the home. Or it used to be – gave up trying years ago – in a cafe I drink coffee or a fruit juice.

Angrboda

The stupid thing is that Husband actually suggested that we bring some with us to share with his parents, but he thought of it so late that it wasn’t possible. (I can’t just randomly grab something off the shelf with no preparation like that)

Ysaurella

this is something lovely in the Uk, in any hotel I went, we had the ability to do coffee or tea thanks to a generous kettle.
I think this is the same problem in France, in cafe you often get a stupid tea sachet (tetley, lipton, richard) It’s quite rare to find out good teas except when you choice a tea room.

Ysaurella

oh , one good point for Tetley is their “tir press” system on sachets :)

Angrboda

This wasn’t even a sachet, just a regular old paper tea bag.

Ysaurella

you were definitevely unlucky with this Tetley so :)

Comments

alaudacorax

Ysaurella

oh , one good point for Tetley is their “tir press” system on sachets :)

Angrboda

This wasn’t even a sachet, just a regular old paper tea bag.

Ysaurella

you were definitevely unlucky with this Tetley so :)

The Formalities