Day eight

The scent of the packet is all chocolate with a touch of something alcoholic. I wasn’t in the mood for chocolate today (I’ve been eating way too many Christmas goods).

Luckily, there appears to be only a smidgen of cocoa fudge flavour- I’m mostly getting what I think is the black tea base. It’s malty, honeyed, and all-around smooth. I’m happy to drink this without milk and sugar right now. Maybe the chocolate richness would come out more with milk or my favourite chocolate soy, but the base by itself is too good. Flavoured qualities come out more as it cools down and aftertaste is more chocolatey.

This is very good but I don’t feel any desire to keep it around long-term.

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada