drank Copabanana by DAVIDsTEA

Hmm, not sure I’m very keen on this one. I’m drinking an iced cup and a hot cup side by side. Both have a scummy surface, likely from the coconut.

The iced cup tastes primarily of banana, with frozen stale chocolate, almonds, and coconut flakes. That’s ok, but I’m not into the finishing flavour it leaves in my mouth- fruity and hinting at bitter, like orange flavoured coconut water, mixed with cocoa. Aftertaste reminds me of an Orange Julius.

I like the baked banana dessert that I get from from the hot cup. Some things melt together better here, like the cocoa. The orange coconut water isn’t as consistent. The aftertaste reminds me of an Orange Julius though. I’m glad I only picked up a small sample though; I think there may be too many things going on here (chocolate orange, chocolate almond banana, coconut water, orange banana smoothie).

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada