thank you to yyz for this lovely cup… and after a loooooong day!

be wary when a prof brags that a course does not hold exams- what they may actually be saying (as in this case) ‘all the time i would expect you to be studying for exams you will instead be working your butt off in other ways times 2!’ fascinating, brilliant, exciting….. also exhausting! lol.

dragged my butt up the stairs and cast about in yyz’s envelope for a ‘feels right’ sample. ooh, christmas in prague? sounds good!

i did have momentary concerns. the dry tea has a heavy smoky component… not usually my thing. i skimmed over the ingredients- VODKA? hmm. jury was out on that one; i had no idea what effect that would have on a tea! lol. the only way to know was to boil the kettle and add h2o.

with water the smoke vanished. deep purple almost overripe but not quite plums…. stonefruit! like when you bite a bit too deeply and your teeth graze the pit. there is a hint of stone flavour in this blend!

don’t think i’d want to drink it every day, but a lovely experience and one i’d be happy to repeat from time to time.

this is a clever tea.

yyz

So, so true! Especially if you have term long project. A similar warning could be given for open book exams, which are usually more work than the regular exams. I listened to a rant about just this topic at Christmas from a journalist who was already professionally active and had two jobs while obtaining her credentials. She is still under to this day that they were only told about it on the last day of class.

Glad you liked the tea. I wasn’t 100 % sure what I thought of it the first time I had it, but I find that you can get a variety of flavours out of it depending how you brew it. I added vodka to it one day and if became more fruity.

JustJames

hee hee hee, you added more vodka? excellent. just spent 45 minutes on the phone with the head of the NGO i’ll be working for….. very nice guy. it is going to be a long semester, awesome, but long! lol.

yyz

Sounds good, and more useful than the CIDA internships back about when I did one. So, this is a project with real world applications?

JustJames

it does, as does the course. it was designed with the concept that education is less helpful if it is not immediately applicable. the student retains more, learns more, gains problem solving skills as well as experience all the while benefiting worthy causes. this is who i am working for the next 4 months: http://www.africacalling.ca/

i’ll be building a video with them, working locally with marginalized populations and internationally. lots LOTS of work!!! and i am not the sort to partially commit… =0)

Comments

yyz

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC