Enjoying some afternoon tea in the afternoon. Not sure what makes something an afternoon tea as I would definitely consider this a good kick you in the ass morning tea to get you going. Added some honey and cream after I tasted it straight. It’s somewhat sweet on it’s own so it only needed touch of honey. I went on a long run this morning so I’m glad this is a robust tea to give me a little boost to get through till the kids are in bed and i’m on the sofa watching the season 5 premier of dexter. That season 4 finale pretty much kept me up all night. So unnecessary. Ugh.

Thanks Sil! Been enjoying many of the teas you and Terri have sent, although i haven’t been doing a good job of logging them!

Comments

I love tea. And I love beer. I spent my twenties thoroughly enjoying all that beer has to offer but now that I’m into my thirties and a stay at home mom of 2 little kids and 1 big kid, I spend more time enjoying tea.

I joined steepster in Feb 2013 and it’s crazy how much my tastes have changed since joining. Before, I liked cream and honey in all teas and loved mostly dessert blacks. Now I almost rarely drink them, but enjoy them from time to time. What I love more than anything are straight rich black teas, Fujian, Laoshan, Rizhao, etc… I also love pretty much any black tea that the little leaf hoppers have gotten their teeth on.

I’m still not too into the green/white/oolong varieties. I keep trying to but my tastes are evolving pretty slowly on that front.

Overall, I just enjoy tea. Something about it that just settles me.

Portland, OR