drank Monk's Blend by City Drug

Seems I am re-enjoying a number of teas lately that I haven’t had in +/- a year. I really need to keep busting my stash…I’ve busted enough so far that I want to buy more but it’s totally not practical. Thank heavens winter is upon us. It’s tea drinking season in Canada!!

The beau and I brewed a pot of this tonight to enjoy while unpacking after returning home from 11 days of family and Christmas vacation. While there were some tough moments (our car was wrecked, the beau got walking pneumonia and of course the obligatory awkward family moments) it was an excellent set of visits. I miss my family a lot, and I rarely get to see my Mum and brothers on that side so visiting is huge for me. Of course, this is why we finally got a car and then that got ruined, but if nothing else I will see them all in less than five months for our wedding!

Anyway, the tea. It’s a servicable monk’s blend. There is some bitterness that creeps up on it, so I steep it 2.5 to 3 minutes and it comes out well. There is some sweetness and almost a sense of cream but it doesn’t really come through. The liquor is a bit thinner than the other Monk’s Blend I have but it’s still really nice. The black tea could be a bit more present but since that is the likely source of bitterness I don’t mind it hiding. I’m not really sure what constitutes a Monk’s Blend – this is definitely something to look into. Later. :) For now, it’s back to doing sudoku while the beau plays Silent Hill Downpour. I keep wanting to turn the volume down and he isn’t even at the scary parts yet. I’m a wimp!

EDIT to add: I just re-read my tasting note from last year. It’s weird how I get different impressions at different times. Today I get bitterness and wish for more cream/depth where last time it was the opposite. Still no pomegranate though..

Cavocorax

“Still no pomegranate though…”. – at least that’s consistent.

And your fiancé drinks tea? That’s awesome. I wish I could get mine into it!

Sudoko, Silent Hill, and tea… Not a bad start to the new year. :)

Shmiracles

i love this!
i admit, i love watching ppl play video games! and i try as much as i can to convince them of this.
i find it relaxing.
(but playing the game myself is MUCH too stressful)

Uniquity

My fiancee definitely drinks tea – thank heavens! We’ve actually been together nearly nine years and share most of the same interests. I also play video games, though usually not the scary ones, heh. I just watch those ones..

Cavocorax

I like watching too, especially narrative driven games like Mass Effect, but the downside is I get impatient for my turn because I know I’ll make different decisions. :)

Comments

Cavocorax

“Still no pomegranate though…”. – at least that’s consistent.

And your fiancé drinks tea? That’s awesome. I wish I could get mine into it!

Sudoko, Silent Hill, and tea… Not a bad start to the new year. :)

Shmiracles

i love this!
i find it relaxing.
(but playing the game myself is MUCH too stressful)

Uniquity

Cavocorax

81 – 100: WOW. This is the cream of the crop.
0 – 40: No thank you, please. Take it away and don’t make me finish the cup.

Canada