This tea is outta the Here’s Hoping Travelling Teabox!

Wow tart! I immediately thought after one sip I need to ice this, so I dumped it into my tumbler and steeped up a little more. With some honey, tasted not too bad. A little fruity cherry syrup, but mostly hibiscusy floral. I’m getting a bit of grassy flat flavor. I swear there’s bamboo leaves in this – looks like it but not listed as an ingredient.

Ehhh, I prefer Steep City’s Blushing Geisha for a green hibiscus tea. Better floral, less flat of a tea and less muddled sugar flavor, but I’m happy to of tried more Teavana stuff.

Iced
KittyLovesTea

Have you tried Sakura Blossom by itself? Just curious.

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

Salted sakura blossom, yes. It was interesting and salty! Like floral cherry pickles!

KittyLovesTea

I forgot whom but someone mentioned to be that you had reviewed it. I treated myself to some from Japan but hadn’t really found much information on it. Sounds deliciously interesting!

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

where did I put that review..
ah ha http://oolongowl.com/2013/04/03/sakura-tea-from-yunomi-us-tea-review/

oh right, totally try it with some sencha (or sake if you are into that)

Comments

KittyLovesTea

Have you tried Sakura Blossom by itself? Just curious.

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

where did I put that review..
ah ha http://oolongowl.com/2013/04/03/sakura-tea-from-yunomi-us-tea-review/

oh right, totally try it with some sencha (or sake if you are into that)

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA