drank Sakura Allure by Teavana

This tea is outta the Here’s Hoping Travelling Teabox!

Wow tart! I immediately thought after one sip I need to ice this, so I dumped it into my tumbler and steeped up a little more. With some honey, tasted not too bad. A little fruity cherry syrup, but mostly hibiscusy floral. I’m getting a bit of grassy flat flavor. I swear there’s bamboo leaves in this – looks like it but not listed as an ingredient.

Ehhh, I prefer Steep City’s Blushing Geisha for a green hibiscus tea. Better floral, less flat of a tea and less muddled sugar flavor, but I’m happy to of tried more Teavana stuff.

Iced
KittyLovesTea

Have you tried Sakura Blossom by itself? Just curious.

Awkward Soul

Salted sakura blossom, yes. It was interesting and salty! Like floral cherry pickles!

KittyLovesTea

I forgot whom but someone mentioned to be that you had reviewed it. I treated myself to some from Japan but hadn’t really found much information on it. Sounds deliciously interesting!

Awkward Soul

where did I put that review..
ah ha http://oolongowl.com/2013/04/03/sakura-tea-from-yunomi-us-tea-review/

oh right, totally try it with some sencha (or sake if you are into that)

Comments

KittyLovesTea

Have you tried Sakura Blossom by itself? Just curious.

Awkward Soul

where did I put that review..
ah ha http://oolongowl.com/2013/04/03/sakura-tea-from-yunomi-us-tea-review/

oh right, totally try it with some sencha (or sake if you are into that)

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA