Thank you JC for this Sample Pu-erh Silver Bud Sheng!

For once, I read the notes by Amy Oh and JC first, because I wanted to know how to best prepare this Sheng Pu-erh.
Amy steeped hers 30 seconds and JC 6 seconds so I did some of both to compare the two.

I used my white porcelain Gaiwan, 4gr. leaf to 4oz. water.

After 1 rinse, the first two steepings were quick…and my least favorite. The leaves seem to take a bit of time to bloom.

There is an aroma, very faint, that I have smelled before in finer Sheng…a savory scent that reminds me of roasting pecans or artichoke hearts.

The first steepings tasted light and sweet like a refreshing glass of mountain water on a hot day. I pictured a cool lake, granite rock with icy water running over moss.

Steeping three was longer…30 seconds. The tea was casaba melon, citrus and semi-sweet. No astringency…just smooth, delightful flavor.

As I keep steeping the leaves, I preferred the longer steep time. The flavor was intriguing. Savory Umami, citrus, exotic melon, sweetness and smooth mouthfeel.

I didn’t find the tea bitter which JC had mentioned.

I’m fond of Silver Buds…for some reason, this kind of tea reminds me of Lake Tahoe and the many times I would sit on the beach looking at the Lake surrounded by tall Ponderosa Pine trees. The scent of pine needles and the clean clear High Sierra pure mountain air is something you can taste (and never forget).

Found my picture…me on a bench looking at the Lake…
http://flic.kr/p/cNoyZJ http://flic.kr/p/c53H9Y

Kashyap

stunning view

TeaBrat

This was lovely, wasn’t it?

JC

Nice description. And nice picture! To me the ‘bitter’ were just faint hints, is that thing that lets you know you are not drinking a white tea or a green tea, is a slight bitter taste that only Sheng Puerh seems to wear.

TheTeaFairy

What a nice view! And nice pairing to the tea!

Bonnie

Thanks for the comments, just got in from Boulder with my granddaughter. Drank tea at the Dushanbe and at Ku Cha tea houses. (Pu-erh). For those of you who remember him, I ran into Alex Alan (Chadao) who looks great!

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Oh god, that’s lovely. Thx for sharing Bonnie.

Comments

Kashyap

stunning view

TeaBrat

This was lovely, wasn’t it?

JC

TheTeaFairy

What a nice view! And nice pairing to the tea!

Bonnie

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Oh god, that’s lovely. Thx for sharing Bonnie.

Colorado Grandma