drank Swaziland Rooibos by Cornelia Bean
1917 tasting notes

So I have a timolino and I loved it then one day I made SoHo Blend in it when I was back home in Toronto and something about that tea tasted off and metallicy. I poured that out and cleaned the timolino only to forget it at home (the Toronto home). When I finally got it back with me in Montreal, I noticed it was very discolored inside and despite soaking it with baking soda & vinegar, soap, etc. I couldn’t get it clean and any tea I made had the same metallic flavor as the SoHo Blend. Then I was given the awesome idea by many steepsterites to use polident tablets. Amazingly, they returned the timolino to its original condition and yet, this tea still tastes rather metallic. I have never had this tea, or any other rooibos teas from this company, so it is possible that it is the tea’s fault but I am more inclined to believe the timolino is the culprit here.

Fjellrev

Hmm, I hope it’s not permanent. Maybe it needs time to air out or something.

Dexter

I’ve had rooibos (but not this blend) from Cornelia Bean – I wouldn’t have said that it was metallic.
I hope you can get your timolino back the was it was. :))

VariaTEA

I really don’t know how to fix it. Prior to the SoHo blend, I never had a problem with it. Worst comes to worse, I will steal one of my siblings timolinos when I go back to Toronto since they don’t use them.

Comments

Fjellrev

Hmm, I hope it’s not permanent. Maybe it needs time to air out or something.

Dexter

I hope you can get your timolino back the was it was. :))

VariaTEA