drank Salted Caramel by DAVIDsTEA

So, I’m currently watching an episode of Bones (the one that aired last night) called “Carrot in the Kudzu” and while typing the name of this blend into the search bar I typed in “Salted Carrot” and it took me an embarrassingly slow time to figure out why the search results were not yielding the correct type.

Also, my kitchen smells AMAZING; there are brownies going in the over and they just smell so divine! I had a thought while making them, though and I’d like to pose it to people here on Steepster: Do you think you could infuse cooking oil with tea through cold brewing it? And then, how concentrated do you think it would have to be to really affect the flavour of what you’re baking? I was considering making something like an “Earl Grey Brownie” or maybe something more caramel flavoured, like this blend perhaps.

Anyway; short steep time for this blend is key! And thankfully, I nailed it. There’s a lovely “burnt caramel/brown sugar” flavour along with the black tea and none of the massive amounts of bitterness that comes with this blend when you oversteep it. Also no salt – but I’m not complaining on that front.

The little “salt floaties” are maybe a bit annoying though; I can sort of feel their presence in the mouthfeel.

aisling of tea

I’ve both infused tea in butter and made butter using tea-infused milk. I’ve made earl’s garden scones and such. Try looking up different ways of infusing pot into butter/oil, it’s the same principle. And here’s a link to my scones recipe: http://aislingoftea.wordpress.com/tag/zing-me-scones/

I don’t think you can infuse the flavor with a cold brew, but if you warm the oil and cook it for a bit, it might work?

Comments

aisling of tea

Hello;

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

The URL to my tumblr blog is: guyfierithirdandfinalantichrist

Saskatoon, SK, Canada