Jasmine Yin Hao (#9)

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by tperez

• “I got the job! I got the job! I got the job! ::checks one stressor off her list:: So, Jasmine seemed like the perfect tea to celebrate this morning. And how 'bout that? It's the best that...” Read full tasting note
    Rabs 357 tasting notes
  • “Tomorrow it'll go away, tomorrow is the sipdown day TOMORROW WE'LL DISCOVER HOW MUCH ROOM MY CUPBOARD HAS LEFT FOR STOOOOOOORE ONE MORE TAAAAAAAAAAAAASTE ONE MORE...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 302 tasting notes
  • “My acid reflux is still acting up, and I have been having trouble sleeping, so I'm watching my tea intake for now, in case it's aggravating either issue. That's not fun. So I limited myself to...” Read full tasting note
    Skulleigh 276 tasting notes
  • “I've been avoiding this tea for a while - the idea of Jasmine kind of scares me, it doesn't seem like something I'd like. The leaves smell great though - along the buttery lines I like. I've...” Read full tasting note
    BlueKittyMeow 124 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Oolong tea from the Fujian province of China infused with the delicate scent of the night-blooming jasmine flowers. If you enjoy jasmine tea, we urge you to try the sublime taste of its well-made varieties. The ‘Jasmine Suite no. 9’ is the finest grade Yin Hao tea, perfectly suited for special occasions. It melts into a cup of sweet fragrance and delicate jasmine notes. You will be hard-pressed to find anything so sublime.

$9/3 oz

About Adagio Teas View company

So, Jasmine seemed like the perfect tea to celebrate this morning. And how ‘bout that? It’s the best that any tea’s tasted in weeks! I’m truly thinkin’ that my tea mojo’s returning for realz :D TG

150 °F / 65 °C 8 min or more

YAY! Congrats!!!

Cinoi

Congrats!!

Rabs

Aw, thank you all so very much! ::blushes and shuffles feet:: It could mean 7-day workweeks for awhile, so I’m a bit concerned, but if it turns out to be as wonderful as it appears, then I’ll have to leave my other library (and take a paycut) but it should be worth it — I hope! :)

Stephanie

I’m reading this late but—congrats Rab!! :)

Rabs

Aw, thank you Stephanie! :)

Tomorrow it’ll go away, tomorrow is the sipdown day

TOMORROW WE’LL DISCOVER HOW MUCH ROOM MY CUPBOARD HAS LEFT FOR STOOOOOOORE

ONE MORE TAAAAAAAAAAAAASTE

ONE MORE STEEEEEEEEEEEEP

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE

(flies flags while standing atop a barricade of tea tins)

Not even sorry. Les Miz haters to the left to the left to the left.

My acid reflux is still acting up, and I have been having trouble sleeping, so I’m watching my tea intake for now, in case it’s aggravating either issue. That’s not fun.

So I limited myself to 1 cup of tea today, and figured a green would be better than a black on my stomach.

Made myself drink an entire bottle of water before having my tea, and then had the Jasmine. Nursed it through lunch, when I iced it and enjoyed it outside in the 99 degree level of Hades that is north Texas at the moment.

180 °F / 82 °C 8 min or more
Bonnie

If you want to know what tea’s to get or avoid, Amy Oh has this same condition.

Skulleigh

Thank you, Bonnie, I will check her out!

I’ve been avoiding this tea for a while – the idea of Jasmine kind of scares me, it doesn’t seem like something I’d like.
The leaves smell great though – along the buttery lines I like. I’ve become wary of adagio teas that smell nice to me though – they usually end up tasting flat. And I’ve found the opposite to be true as well – teas that smell mediocre taste fantastic to me.
Okay, so I was scared of this tea.
The taste is actually pleasantly floral. It has the scent of gardenia to me. The initial taste is buttery, then the floral notes come out, there’s a touch of bitterness, and then it resolves into a toasty flavor with a little bit of an astringent sensation. The more I drink this the more I like it.

This is the kind of tea I would make a pot of in the afternoon if I had one long single task ahead of me, like a writing session.

TeaChic1

How long did you steep the tea the second and third times. The first time I just steeped for 2-3 minutes and it is delicious. But the second time, it doesn’t taste very good at all. Maybe I am steeping too long? Not sure.

My mouth is slightly tingling from the spicy peppers I just had. I drizzled them with a tiny bit of rosemary sencha tea oil http://market.bonteavant.com/rosemary-sencha-tea-oil-AretteRosemarySenchaOil.htm which I got thanks to the promotion here. “Rosemary sencha tea oil” sounds so fancy and evokes so many images in my mind. It tastes really good and you need just a tiny bit. Finishing it all of with some jasmine tea which seems just a perfect match.

Cofftea

YUM!!! (the food, not the tea… although the tea sounds amazing too lol)

inguna

I tried the garlic oil too, very nice. I’m happy with the purchase. If not for the Steepster I doubt I would have even known that there is such a thing as tea oil.

Cofftea

Republic of Tea has a Tea Oil made w/ Organic EVOO.

inguna

Sounds cool. Will try it :)

Cofftea

Yeah I prefer EVOO vs grape seed so I passed on this one. Theory sounds amazing though!

I enjoyed this one before, not so much right now. I might have oversteeped it this time, I dunno.

The jasmine is pretty strong and the base moderately bitter. But it’s pretty uneventful. Really floral. I don’t think I will be able to have anything remotely flowery tonight because this is putting me off jasmine so bad. Even though I generally like it.

But then I am sure there are better Jasmine Yin Haos out there.

Jasmine tea + peaches = good breakfast

Seems too heavy for a Jasmine tea. Earthy and dusty. Also has a sweet aftertaste that overpowers floral Jasmine notes and contributes to overall heaviness. Not refreshing at all, feels more like a bag of dry Jasmine flowers vs fresh jasmine on a bush.

Backlogging. I had 3 steeps of this today. Each progressive steep got sweeter and sweeter tasting, and the jasmine seemed to get more subtle each time, which was actually really nice and made it go down smoother than the first steep. I’ll have to remember to resteep this every time I have it now, it’s almost painful to think about how many times I drank this and only did one infusion before tossing out the tea leaves! At least I still have a good portion of my 4oz tin left.

PeteG

You have been busy today!

Cofftea

Resteeping is good, I always do it:)

There are some teas that Adagio doesn’t do very well, and then there are teas that I only ever want to buy from Adagio. Jasmine #9 has this clear, pure taste of Jasmine, that almost feels as if you’re drinking crystal clear jasmine water. This is a good thing, because I feel this tea is sort of an elixir, a kind of tea that will keep you going strong. Although I wasn’t in the mood for jasmine when I was picking out a tea, I find this to be a wonderful noon reprieve. Relaxing, but not so much as to put me to sleep. A very meditative tea that I’m quite pleased with.